How does one become an Imagineer

Luck, hard work, an insanely impressive resume, more luck, some pixie dust and mad skills!!!

Seriously its a tough gig to get in on but it you have the skills they are looking for and shine over the other applicates you can get in. Its hard to say exactly what skills though since Imagineers do a lot of different types of jobs so it depends on what they need for each postition.

Where you apply I am not sure but I am sure you can find a job listing on line for Disney.

DH tried to get in a few months back with Disney, I was so bummed when he didn't even get a call back :(

I have been reading the Imagineers Field Guide to Disneyland and I see they have many sections of Imagineering. Art, sign design, ride design, writing, props, and many others. You might want to look at what area you are interested in.

My uncle worked as an imagineer while WDW was being built as a writer. He also worked for Walt in the mid 50's as a wildlife photographer. He seemed to know a lot of people.

Jack

My strengths are LEADERSHIP, and MOTIVATING teams and groups. I like to identify what needs to be done, create a work breakdown schedule, and complete projects in a team atmosphere.

I think it would be TREMENDOUS to do this (basically what I do now), but at Disney leading an Imagineering Team, for a secret new ride, or new attraction.

I'd love to work for Disney too. But more a behind the scenes type of thing. Good luck with your Dream Job! :)

Like stated above, Disney is not doing much hiring right now as is the case with many places, but...

If that truly is what you want to do and are serious in pursuing it, I would check out Disney's Careers web site.

- Dreams

I wanna go be a cast member at DL lol. I wouldn't care what I did as long as I got to be at DL every single day :)

you might also want to Explore Cal Arts website. It is a school with ties to Disney. I also joked I was very well rounded because of two of my serious boyfriends one was a Cal Tech grad (Design engineering), and one was a Cal Arts grad (animation)

Indeed, I know that Imagineering is not hiring right now. The corporate website is your best bet. What degrees do you hold?

Indeed, I know that Imagineering is not hiring right now. The corporate website is your best bet. What degrees do you hold?

I have 15 years of real-world experience in the school of hard knox (general manager of a faced-paced retail environment) of 100 staff. ::yes::

Hey, I'm going to check out that site out of curiosity! I think it's pretty safe to say that there's very few among us here, who wouldn't be interested in a similar job! :lmao:

you might also want to Explore Cal Arts website. It is a school with ties to Disney. I also joked I was very well rounded because of two of my serious boyfriends one was a Cal Tech grad (Design engineering), and one was a Cal Arts grad (animation)

I was going to mention CalArts! It is an amazing school, I really, really wanted to go to that school (more so since its local!), but they did not offer a Bachelors degree in the field I wanted :sad2: My goal was not to work for Disney though, even though it would have been cool!!

Yeah I am actually happy DH got in where he did since he might have been laid off over at Disney if they had hired him, besides in a few years he can always try again. He is a senior programmer.

I wish I could work for Disney but in park is pretty much out for me unless I get a small makeover and only wear long sleeves. Oh well, since I never could be Ariel, my dream was over when I was 12 and broke the height restriction :sad: :confused3 :lmao:

What would some of the perks be if I were an employee? Free passes?

I'm not gonna lie, I've very seriously considered it. I'm a nurse, so ideally I could work there in the First Aid station. Truthfully, though.... I think I'd rather work in one of the stores! :blush: Though I'd imagine there'd be a little bit of a pay difference.. (well, I hope!)

I think Imagineers have the absolute dream job. Too bad I have no talent whatsoever!! My chances are nada!

While waiting for the parade 2 and a half weeks ago, (very last Christmas parade of the season on Sunday) I was sitting beside a very nice lady and her daughter and we chatted. The daughter was beginning school the next day at the Disney College. here's a bit about it...
http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneycollegeprogram/dlr/students/students_index.html
she said it was a 7 month course that gives you and idea of all the different jobs in imagineering, to see what you like best and what you can do best. After that you can focus on what you want and stay in school with them. They even have their own housing! She was pretty excited but nervous too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter