How does my meal plan sound?

1002jennisue

Earning My Ears
I am taking four kids to Disneyland, 6,12,14, and 16. We are only eating dinner in the parks. Breakfast at Disneyland hotel in our room and going back to room to eat sandwiches. Here is my plan so far, We will be at the parks from July 8th (not a full fay) to the 11th. We have reservations at Café Orleans on Friday night and we know a few of the other places we want to eat, Pacific Wharf and Plaza Inn. The third one we will just decide at the park, any suggestions on what we should eat on what night? Does it matter that much?

I don't think it really matters, I would just go with what sounds good and what park you are in. Cafe Orleans is a great way to start off the trip though! I would suggest for your third in park meal to be a corn dog from the red wagon, they are amazing!!!

In terms of the CS location, I don't think it really matters which one you eat at on which day. I would just base the choice on where you are when you get hungry and how the line looks.

Smoke Jumpers in DCA and Carnation Cafe in DL both have great cheeseburgers. Smoke Jumpers is a bit cheaper since its a counter service place.

Thanks! I have wanted to try the corndogs and my super picky daughter likes corndogs so that might be a stop this time!

Don't forget, in general, you do NOT need reservations in DLR to eat anywhere outside of BB, CC, AG or the Trattoria. You can sometimes even get a reservation for the same day, or next day, if you stop in at City Hall on your way into the park.

I agree with TechGuy in that that you can often get a reservation for the same day or next day, but that does not mean TS locations will always be taking walk-ups or that the wait times for walk-ups will be short. In addition to the locations listed above, I would also add that Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans often turn away walk-ups or tell them that there is a long wait for a table. I've been there when Cafe Orleans were telling guests that there were reservation times available for later in the evening (about three hours later) or the walk-up wait was about an hour. So while, they may still be taking walk-ups, the wait can be long. If you know you want to eat somewhere specific and/or at a specific time, especially during the peak season, I would make an ADR.

I am taking four kids to Disneyland, 6,12,14, and 16. We are only eating dinner in the parks. Breakfast at Disneyland hotel in our room and going back to room to eat sandwiches. Here is my plan so far, We will be at the parks from July 8th (not a full fay) to the 11th. We have reservations at Café Orleans on Friday night and we know a few of the other places we want to eat, Pacific Wharf and Plaza Inn. The third one we will just decide at the park, any suggestions on what we should eat on what night? Does it matter that much?
You don't need a plan, really. If you try to eat a little earlier or later than most people would, you'll have shorter lines/wait times.

At Plaza Inn, get your order ready, then subtract at least one meal! We always make the mistake of thinking we're too hungry to split just 2 meals between 4 people, and we end up leaving all of the side dishes on the table.

Since you have teenagers, the nachos at Whitewater Snacks and the burgers at Storytellers are really good! (Both are in the Grand Californian.)

You'll pass Earl of Sandwich coming and going from the Parks -- if you're not sandwiched out, it's cheap and tasty. Jazz Kitchen Express has very good burgers. (Both are in Downtown Disney.)

I like Tangaroa Terrace/Trader Sam's (at Disneyland Hotel). You can order poolside, or sit outside. It's inexpensive and the menu has tropical twists on familiar items.

I second the suggestion of corn dogs from the red wagon on Main Street!

If you do dinner early (by 5pm), you can watch the show at Golden Horseshoe/Stagedoor Cafe (Frontierland) -- I order everyone's entrees a la carte and order chili cheese fries to share (otherwise we end up with buckets of fries!)

The salads at the Pizza Port are really good (the pizza, not so much.) That's in Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter