• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does GAY days effect the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also had another thought. All the people that are judging gay people on the basis of religion. Did any of you have sex before marriage?

bradK
to paraphrase KY in not so many words, i think the underlying issue there is that ignorance does not respect the boundaries of state lines.

You might be giving KY to much credit.............although I see what you are saying

:cheer2:

I just knew this thread was going to go this direction. sigh. I shouldn't jump into the fray, but with insults being hurled from both sides, I just had to.

I am a Christian - yep, flame away you bastions of tolerance, I can take it, I promise. I believe in the moral code that the Bible outlines and as flawed as I am, I follow it to the best of my ability. *I* follow it. What I can't figure out is why some Christians seem to expect everyone else to adhere to THEIR beliefs. They pull the Bible out at their convenience and say "The Bible says homosexuality is a sin". And it does. But if that person doesn't accept the Bible's authority, what possible good does it do to accuse? Being Christ-like does NOT include pointing the proverbial finger in somebody's face and screeching "YOU ARE A FILTHY SINNER. REPENT!"

You had the great misfortune of posting this after a certain bigot in the thread ticked everyone off? Sorry you're getting the backlash...

I may not agree with you, but I'll lay down my life to protect your right to express your beliefs... so long as you do it respectfully. (Which, you did)

What did I do to everyone?? How is me saying what I think any different then everyone else on this thread telling me there views?? :confused3

I have also had another thought. All the people that are judging gay people on the basis of religion. Did any of you have sex before marriage?

This hits the nail right on the head of my problem with Christians using their religion to judge and condemn others based on the Bible. Granted it's been a while since I'm been a "good church-going Christian," but what happened to the whole "let he that is without sin cast the first stone," and treating others in a Christlike manner? Isn't that one of the major parts of Christianity? :confused3

it's amazing. most of the people(not all) at polically correct (PC) i'm one for NOT being PC. i never have. i tolarate what people do in public. as for being called a "bigot" i don't think so. not me. as for others who are stuck in school in Ky and can't understand why you are getting into fights all the time it's called they (where ever in KY you live) don't like gays. it's the same thing in all parts of the USA. doesn't matter where.:confused3
as for PDA i don't go for the homerun kiss with DW when there are lots of kids around us at WDW. i'll hold hands,hug walk hand in hand. if i see others doing it (doesn't matter if they are gay or straight)
yes WDW is a family place. but if you don't want others that are not tolerant of "change" then expect a sneer from someone. popcorn:: :grouphug:

Whatdaheyl? Maybe it's just me and my SC education, but little of that makes sense to me.

And SereneOne, I don't think anyone was calling you a bigot. I think they were calling this dude ^^^ and Pixiemel (fellow Kentukian) bigots.

You had the great misfortune of posting this after a certain bigot in the thread ticked everyone off? Sorry you're getting the backlash...

I may not agree with you, but I'll lay down my life to protect your right to express your beliefs... so long as you do it respectfully. (Which, you did)

Thank you for letting me know ;) Thanks :goodvibes

Yes but it's easier to hate the heck you're trapped in... esp while you're still trapped there.

to paraphrase KY in not so many words, i think the underlying issue there is that ignorance does not respect the boundaries of state lines.

This hits the nail right on the head of my problem with Christians using their religion to judge and condemn others based on the Bible. Granted it's been a while since I'm been a "good church-going Christian," but what happened to the whole "let he that is without sin cast the first stone," and treating others in a Christlike manner? Isn't that one of the major parts of Christianity? :confused3

Yah..do you see these types of Christians standing over pedophiles graves with signs that they are going to hell? No, but they did it to Matthew Shepard and his sexual orientation was his business, unlike pedophilia which IS something sick and horrible.

How do I stop this thread from appearing in my inbox? I really need to stay away from it. :scared:

I went in June of 2000 with the lil woman...we had a great time. Saw many same sex couples.....having a good time. Live and let live I always say! pirate:

I don't want anyone telling me how to live my life, why should I tell anyone else? popcorn::

Yah..do you see these types of Christians standing over pedophiles graves with signs that they are going to hell? No, but they did it to Matthew Shepard and his sexual orientation was his business, unlike pedophilia which IS something sick and horrible

You are so right.
BTW in reality isn't every day Gay Day at Disney world......not just a joke, somewhat yes BUT really STOP and think about it!

Especially when they pick and choose from the bible. Unless they follow every single one of those laws (no shrimp, no wearing two kinds of fabric at the same time, ok to keep slaves, have to marry your sister in law if your brother dies etc. etc.) then stop using the bible to defend your bigotry.

I TOTALLY RESPECT THAT! *highfive*

Now can someone tell me how to get this thing off subscribe? It keeps filling up my email box...:eek:

There is a link toward the bottom of the email you recieved for this thread to unsubscribe.

Nikel, I'm a Christian who agrees with you.

Wow, this post took forever to read, but it sure made me realize how grateful I am to live in Ann Arbor, the San Francisco of the Midwest!

And I love my big Catholic church here, where all God's children are welcome, including Adam and Steve and their three adopted mulitcultural children!

The beauty of both these things can, and do, coexist.

:goodvibes

I had read before (from what source I don't remember) that gay days can be so popular that the parks are actually packed to capacity. So I don't think asking about what real-world experiences have been is out of line or an attempt to make trouble. There have also been reports of inappropriate behavior (example -the letter on these very boards) and verifying their validity rather then just taking them at face value also isn't something I think should be condemned. There is a world of difference between seeking information and making judgments. However these questions are always met with hostility and the assumption of intolerance. Then come the mean comments and the bashings.

For a Disney board, there are a lot of very un-Disney like people out there.

To the OP - I hope there were enough rational answers to your question to help you out!

The question was "How does GayDays affect the Parks" ..

Question asked and answered.

Knox

Good lord people.

Grow up. I don't care what your opinion of gay people is - they are people. And MANY of them frequent (and may I add OWN) these message boards. You have every right to your opinion. However, when your opinion is about a good portion of the membership of this board and you post it anyway, it constitutes bashing.

After 11 pages, the horse is dead and it's still being beat. I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter