• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does Dillards handle returns?

anewvance

<font color=red>Who needs a birthday for birthday
This is the second time that my MIL has bought me clothing items when I was pregnant for Christmas. But she also buys stuff too small. I wouldn't even be able to wear what she got me after I was done being pregnant. They are pjs, but are like a rayon or some sort of material with that satiny feel that doesn't have any give at all.

They pjs came from Dillards, and have the tags with those yellow stickers they put on them. But obviously there is no receipt.

How is Dillards with returns? My thought is with that yellow scan sticker thing, they automatically put the refund back on the card it was paid for with. But I can't do that or my mil would know I returned them. Would they give store credit?

Oh and one of the 2 pairs look like they didn't have a tag because the yellow scan sticker is on the sewn in tag of the pants. Will they not even bother with that?

Thanks, I am appreciative of the present but I can't use these...

I would go and tell them the situation. I bet they give it back as store credit since there is no receipt. Dillards is pretty good with customer service when i have needed to deal with them.

I have always gotten store credit back for returns with Dillards. I just simply ask for it and its no big deal.

I used to work for Dillards. They will give you a store credit with just the yellow sticker (they call it a pop label) attatched. However they are really strict about their 30 day return policy. It can be very frustrating. So take it back ASAP! Hope it works out for you!

We will NEVER EVER buy gifts at Dillards. We got a snowsuit as a baby gift from DH's coworkers. With gift receipt. It was bought for almost $50 before Christmas. Well, we received it AFTER christmas, and had already gotten a snowsuit. We returned it. WITH the gift receipt, during the return period. We argued, insisted, and talked to as high up as we could but they insisted that even though we had a gift receipt, we could only get the LOWEST PRICE EVER in store credit. We got $12.99, because that was the price the day after Christmas. I was furious. I talked to everyone I could, and asked what the point of gift receipts is. They insisted this is their policy.

NEVER buy gifts there, and tell my story to everyone who will listen...I don't want anyone wasting money there.

BEth

I've never had a problem with a return at Dillard's without a receipt. They just scan the pop label and give my money back. If it's been more than 30 days, they only give store credit.

Wow, I guess I've been lucky.
I've never had any problems with returns at Dillards.

I like the pop labels since they just scan those to get all the info they need. They don't bother with the receipt even if you have it with you.
They are obsessively strict about the 30 day thing though.

For the OP: Take both sets back. I've had them stick the little labels on the back of my receipt or inside a jewelry box when I bought something that didn't have a tag - so having the sticker on the label shouldn't be a problem.

Just let them know it was a gift and that you would like a store credit instead of having it returned back to the original CC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter