How does DCL group families for dinners?

Bibbidi

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4. Will we be seated with another family of 4, or will we be seated at our own table? In some promo photos it looks like there are smaller tables, but in others there are obviously larger groups. I wasn't sure if Disney is like other cruise lines that group bunches of random strangers together.

Hi

Depend some own 4 in one table, other share with another 4 people in long tables.

Last year we 5 of us own round table and it was good.

Some people like to join and some like own.

I hope to be 4 of us in July, I dont mean I don't want meet people but part of our disability, don't want spoil it.

Scottishwee35:)

We are also a family of four and have had different results each time we cruise. Sometimes we are at a table for four, sometimes at a table for eight with a family of either 3 or 4 people. I think they try to match families with similar age children together at the larger tables.

We have had both as well when traveling just the four of us. If you feel strongly one way or the other, call DCL and ask them to note your preference on your reservation.

We are a family of 4. Will we be seated with another family of 4, or will we be seated at our own table? In some promo photos it looks like there are smaller tables, but in others there are obviously larger groups. I wasn't sure if Disney is like other cruise lines that group bunches of random strangers together.

What we did on our recent cruise was find a family on the same cruise from the Cruise Meet thread and we linked ressies. That way we knew we would have tablemates and that we would know something about each other beforehand. We then proceeded to have a great time, they are like family now.
Check out my blog:MARCH MAGICAL MANIAC MOB MEMBER BLOG

On our last cruise we had a group of 5 and were seated with another family of 5 at a table for 10. On another cruise we were a group of 5 and were seated with a family of 3 at a table for 8.
Depends of how full the cruise is on how they arrange diners.

We are going to be travelling with two groups of four and one group of two. The Disney lady told me that they have tables of 8 mostly, so I am not sure what we will end up with.

We are going to be travelling with two groups of four and one group of two. The Disney lady told me that they have tables of 8 mostly, so I am not sure what we will end up with.

You can have your TA or if you booked directly with DCL, link your ressies together if you all want to sit together at a table for 10.

:surfweb:

We have cruised 5 times as a family of 4 and have always been seat at a table for 4...

When you link the ressies, does that pretty much guarantee you are seated together or is it a request based on availability?

We are a group of 14 family members. Does anyone know if they have tables to accommodate that many people?

When you link the ressies, does that pretty much guarantee you are seated together or is it a request based on availability?

We are a group of 14 family members. Does anyone know if they have tables to accommodate that many people?

They do have one table that is large enough for 14. I know because we were a group of 7 (2 cruises ago) and we were seated at that table with another group of 7. I think it would be okay if you were all together, but we didn't care for it being with another group. It was too large of a table to be able to carry on a conversation with them so we just felt like we were being unfriendly sitting down at our end of the table!

We are a family of 3 and when we went they put us at this really big oval table for 15 (our servers said it's the only one like it - probably the same table as the previous poster mentioned). We were placed with 4 other families of 3 - all with children about the same age! It worked out quite well. We all sort of shifted around to different seats every evening so we got a chance to talk to the other families that were maybe down on the far end the night before...kept things interesting :goodvibes I believe they had asked us when we made our ressie if we wanted to be by ourselves or with others & we said with others. But come to think of it they didn't ask us that this time...hummm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter