How do your kids like WOC?

My 8 year old has seen it three times over the last three years. He absolutely loves it with the exception of the part with fire, that part really freaks him out. But, other than the fire he loves it.

We saw it on our first trip when my children were 1, 4, 6 and 8. They all loved it (well ok the baby slept in his stroller through it :thumbsup2, but the rest all loved it) I highly recommend it!

Have a magical time!

My girls ages 8 and 5 like it a lot. Make sure you get a rail spot so they can see the show.

This is very important! It's my 8 year old's favorite show. It was unusually crowded the last time we were there so we didn't get our usual rail spot. He couldn't see. We spent most of the show trading which kid we were holding (three kids, two of us) so they could sort of see in between crying that they couldn't see at all. It was a complete waste of time. IMHO, if you can't get a rail spot with little ones, it's not worth waiting. The show is great and the kids love it when they can see.

My daughter loved the show when we saw it our first trip. She was a little over 6. Now though she mostly remembers the long wait to get a good viewing spot and would prefer spending her time on rides. Seeing if from the backside over by Mickey's fun wheel while eating a snack is enough for her.
I like it the most and DH things it's a colossal waste of time :rotfl:

My 10 and 12 year old loved it! They are old enough though that we waited at least an hour and a half after dining at Ariel's, so we got an amazing rail seat. We had fun getting to know everyone around us while waiting for the show.

This is very important! It's my 8 year old's favorite show. It was unusually crowded the last time we were there so we didn't get our usual rail spot. He couldn't see. We spent most of the show trading which kid we were holding (three kids, two of us) so they could sort of see in between crying that they couldn't see at all. It was a complete waste of time. IMHO, if you can't get a rail spot with little ones, it's not worth waiting. The show is great and the kids love it when they can see.

That's a good point!

DD saw it at 10 and 12 if I remember it right, and loved it both times. (Hopefully she'll see it again this summer at age 14!)

She loved it more than I did the first time, and I only went back the second time because she enjoyed it so much. I was surprised to find I enjoyed it a lot more the second time around - we had a better location and it really changed my impression of the show. (We weren't in a bad spot the first time - we were in what is considered prime territory, at the railing - but we had to hang out over the railing to really see it well around folks and that just lessened my enjoyment.)

This, to me, is Disney's Folly. How can you have a show that so geared for kids and then make it standing room only? Just plain dumb. My kids do love it, but we have to fight and time it right and push and run to get a place where the kids can see. I look forward to seeing it again, but I DREAD the struggle. I do wish they would get some aluminum benches like they have for Fantasmic! in Florida. It's such a great show. It's too bad no one can see it.

My kids ages 9 and 11 loved it as well! We had great spots on the rail in the preferred dining area. popcorn::

Midnightred

This, to me, is Disney's Folly. How can you have a show that so geared for kids and then make it standing room only? Just plain dumb. My kids do love it, but we have to fight and time it right and push and run to get a place where the kids can see. I look forward to seeing it again, but I DREAD the struggle. I do wish they would get some aluminum benches like they have for Fantasmic! in Florida. It's such a great show. It's too bad no one can see it.

I actually complained to Disney about this (sent an email after our trip). It was the biggest disappointment of our visit. I mean, I understand crowds and less than perfect views, but this was wait and not be able to see anything. They called me today to discuss. And she said while she doesn't know anything official, I'm certainly not the first to have this frustration and she knows they are looking into ways to make it better. She admitted that "this was definitely bad design on our part" So, that gives me hope that in the next few years, we'll see an improvement on the World of Color viewing area. :thumbsup2

This is why I'm questioning whether or not it's worth it. I don't like the idea of wasting hours of park time holding a spot. I'd hate for us to do that and then have the boys say they didn't like the show. I just can't decide.

To be honest, we did WOC our first time and Fantasmic our second and we all MUCH preferred Fantasmic, hands down. For one, we could sit and still see everything. Even while some of us waited on our blankets, the others could go visit a few rides nearby. I found the Fantasmic show kept our kids fascinated the whole time whereas with WOC, they were a bit bored after the first 10 min or so of the same thing. The planning, waiting and standing room only was just too much for them I guess.

I'm not sure if we'll give it another shot next time. We were so unimpressed the first time but we'll see. Our kids our older and taller now so it might be a bit easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter