How do you wear your hair?

goofymoma

Earning My Ears
Question for the female folk - what is the easiest, most comfortable & still stylish way to do mid length to long hair in 90 degree Florida weather?
Trying to decide what hair accessories to pack for upcoming trip.

I'm a bit crazy as I wear my hair down lol

I have a ton of it and it gives me a headache if I have it up for more than 5min so I'd rather have a sweaty neck than a headache.

If I didn't have this problem, I'd wear it in a top knot or a ponytail keeping it off my neck and something that works with a visor. Luckily I spend most of my summer in the A/C and venture out when the humidity breaks in the fall.

We already have over 100 heat index so I'd venture this summer will be HOT

Put it up in a ponytail or bun!
If it's down, your neck will get sweaty and your hair will constantly get messed up. I like to braid my hair into a ponytail so my shorter layers stay up.
But if you wear your hair up, make sure you put sunscreen on your neck!

I do the oh-so-chic fashion statement of wearing it in a ponytail sticking out of the back of my Mickey baseball cap. It works. Of course, on my birthday *June 11th* I'm going to wear the Mickey Birthday Ears my husband got me last year in Disneyland. Worked in DL's dry heat. Don't know how it will work in WDW's humidity...

I start the day with my hair down and slowly it end up in a pony tail Or I do the side and top pulled back and leave the back down.

99% of the time its up in a pony tail. I get way too hot with it down.

Either a pony or a braid. My hair is long and there is no way I would keep it down!

Headband + ponytail + stick ponytail through the back of a baseball cap works pretty well for me. But DEFINITELY put sunscreen on your neck, like a PP said. :scared:

If you have hair like mine (long, coarse, thick and wavy, and frizzes within 2 seconds of the Florida humidity! :rotfl:)....I usually try to fight the humidity with products, flat irons, etc - but by day 3 of my trips to WDW I usually resort to:

Buns
Simple braid
Low, to the side ponytails - high ponytails give me a headache!

I bring bobby pins, a few simple barrettes and a ton of hair elastics,the kind that don't pull your hair out when you remove them.

And, if you part your hair at all, apply a little bit of sunblock to where your scalp shows! One year I got a TERRIBLE sunburn on my scalp right where I parted my hair.

Florida humidity is the worst! If I can make it to get a couple photos taken in the morning with my hair down before it turns into a frizzy mess and I throw it into pony tail I will be happy. I am getting a haircut right before we go to hopefully help with the ends getting super frizzy, but nothing really helps. :crazy2:

OP, you will love that Revlon bun thingy. It's very lightweight and will hold your hair back but not tight enough to give you a headache. Have a great trip!

Florida humidity is the worst! If I can make it to get a couple photos taken in the morning with my hair down before it turns into a frizzy mess and I throw it into pony tail I will be happy. I am getting a haircut right before we go to hopefully help with the ends getting super frizzy, but nothing really helps. :crazy2:

I'm with ya! ;) I usually end up with a ponytail and baseball cap by the end of the day, lol. I have recently been using a product that helps a little with the frizz (It's A 10 miracle spray), but it hasn't been tested in the humidity yet. I have a feeling that despite any product I might try, I will still end up looking like Monica from the Friends episode where they are in the Bahamas.:scared:

One other to keep in mind - if you pull your hair up, in addition to sunscreen on neck or part, don't forget your ears. I had one ear sunburned a couple of years ago, and it's painful. Not to mention ugly when it peels!

I'm with ya! ;) I usually end up with a ponytail and baseball cap by the end of the day, lol. I have recently been using a product that helps a little with the frizz (It's A 10 miracle spray), but it hasn't been tested in the humidity yet. I have a feeling that despite any product I might try, I will still end up looking like Monica from the Friends episode where they are in the Bahamas.:scared:

Lol that is exactly how I feel !!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I found a link on pinterest that showed someone with two buns on their head like mickey mouse ears, I'm going to attempt to do that :) I would post the link but I don't have enough posts yet to be allowed to do that!

My hair is a big frizz ball on a daily basis and in Disney World its just downright awful so I'm thinking of getting a to the shoulder haircut which I had a few years ago. I like the style and it will be so much easier to straighten and deal with while there.

I get the frizz too- especially in central Florida. I wear my hair I'm a ponytail and try to get most photos taken before the humidity kicks in.

I also bought some It's A 10 spray that I am anxious to try in the humidity. My hairdresser swears it will work.

When I had long hair I often did the double buns a la Mickey Mouse! Now that I have short hair I just let it go.... The humidity never bothered me anyway.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter