How do you use Zip Lock bags at WDW?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Donna M, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

I thought it would be interesting to see what clever ways people have come up with to utilize those handy bags. To start:

snack size- +perfect for my cell phone to keep sand and water out

+a few squirts of sunscreen and then placed in pocket so I can
    avoid carrying a bottle or bag to park

quart- +wet paper towels or wipes
    +leftovers in villa or from restaurant

gallon- +pack fragile items in there and blow up with air for cushioning
    +use for undergarments so TSA doesn't have to touch them in carry
    on

I'd love to read your ideas.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iloveokw

iloveokw DIS Veteran

2 gallon ziplocks for sandy sandals or water shoes
    gallon ziplocks for leftovers, cleaned & cut veggies, the ready to bake cookies we always make, anything that might leak in our luggage (hair stuff & sunscreen etc)
    quart ziplocks: bringing from home purex sheets, dryer sheets, sweetner & tea bags, hubbies soap, salt & pepper shakers, organize makeup, vitamins & meds, snacks for the parks, cell phones for water rides

I am sure I haven't thought of many other things.

4. Tarheel Tink

Tarheel Tink Cosmos mariner-destination unknown

You have mentioned quite a few ( and don't we all wish we had invented zip-lock bags?) and I will add in keeping one on hand to put ice in for a cold pack. A friend does this on planes for her Achilles tendon and if needed in the parks a vendor could give you a scoop of ice.
    My suitcase is full of assorted sizes to keep meds, make-up, toiletries, etc. sorted. :thumbsup2 My park bag has a snack size with a few bandaids, pre-cut moleskin piece, wet wipes packs in it. I usually have some individually wrapped lifesavers in one also.

5. SDSorority

SDSorority Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion

We're germ freaks (lol) so we put the remote control in the room in a gallon ziplock. :thumbsup2

Other than that, we use them to take snacks, washcloths and ice, and keep our wet umbrellas/ponchos in them at the parks.

6. missycj96

missycj96 DIS Veteran

I do sone packing by catgory in gallon ziplocks. Toiletries and medicine - the bag goes in the bathroom; all my socks: dd bathing suits in one etc . The bags go in the drawers for easy packing, unpacking and being organized . In my diaper bag, i also put diapers in one , extra clothes in one etc.

7. supersuperwendy

supersuperwendy any happy little thought?

We use gallon for stuff like shampoo for packing. We use quart for our carry on liquids. Then we always bring sandwich bags too in our park bag. I like to keep my cell phone dry. I also keep essentials in a gallon bag within my park bag! Plus I bring a few extra of each size just in case!

8. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

Buy some fresh popcorn at the caramel store in Germany and put it into a zip lock. Stays fresh much longer then it does in the wax paper like bags they give you. Makes a great treat for the ride home.

9. wdwmom0f3

wdwmom0f3 Thankful my embarrassing tag is gone!

Great thread! When my children were little I used to pack an outfit in a ziplock bag for each day. They would have everything that they needed in one bag from top to bottom including hair bows and all. :rotfl2: I think it really helped them and my daughter still does this when she goes to cheer camp and she has to have certain outfits and bows for each day. It keeps things organized.

I use then for cell phones, wet ponchos, remote controls, snacks, band aids, medication, my quarters for laundry and other things too. I love them! :goodvibes

10. FreeTime

FreeTime DIS Veteran

To put my receipts in so they are in one spot to see if I did well on the DDP.

To put our loose change in to start our fund for our next trip.

For leftovers

For a few Tylenol

For wet swimsuits for the ride home

For laundry detergent

11. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

To put ice in for anything swollen or hurting (in my case, my lower back). I fill a ziploc bag with ice and apply it to whatever hurts (maybe someone has a bumped knee, a cut lip, etc.) Warning! I've learned the hard way that if you try to sit on the balcony, some of the ice will probably turn to water and melt thru the ziploc bag.

12. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

Since I generally make a few meals in the unit, I use my ziploc to hold spices. I usually put the spices in a tupperware container the really small ones. Then, I put in a ziploc bag. For example, if I'm gonna make french toast one morning, I put a little vanilla extract in a tupperware container and then, put that in a snack baggie. Then, in another container I'll put cinnamon in it. Then, put in another ziploc bag. Never had a leak in the 10 years I've been traveling.

13. bzzelady

bzzelady DIS Veteran

Gallon size Ziploc bag for the refillable mug (keeps leaks out of the inside of my backpack). That way, I can enjoy my morning beverage at a leisurely pace :)

14. com_op_2000

com_op_2000 DVC Member since '93

Large size - Wet clothes after being at the pool before driving home.

15. fishermouse

fishermouse DVC owner SSR/AKV

Always keep my wallet in a zip lock, never know when your going to get wet

16. Happy Birthday Cat

Happy Birthday Cat <font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi

We fill up a gallon size zip lock with 50ML bottles (the really small bottles they serve on airplanes) of liquor. Allowed to carry on the plane and easy to make drinks in the villa. :drinking1

HBC

17. soontobewed07

soontobewed07 DIS Veteran

We make up diapering kits snack size for wet wipes then put a diaper the wipes and a disposable cleaning pad in a sandwich size bag. I just have to toss everything out and it's great to place a stinky diaper in after.
    I always bring a wet wash cloth in one for super messy hands and faces.

18. twotoohappy

twotoohappy <font color=red>Lovin' Pete!<br><font color=teal>I

I get the really big ones that are for storing sweaters and use them for packing. I use a soft sided suitcase and have had my clothes soaked from rain (luggage going to/from plane in the rain) and I had somebody else's luggage leak what I think was suntan oil onto my bag. This keeps my clothes clean and dry :)