• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you use Dreams Unlimited?

mndisfam

DIS Veteran
OK - after I got an email saying I shouldn't ask for pms with travel agents names, I am trying to use Dreams Unlimited email only system. :mad:

I am not sure how I can really use it if I don't have specific sailing dates in mind.

Basically, my request is more along the lines of what do you have available next summer? :confused3

you email them, they reply and say "sorry - nothing for those dates" then they send you a reminder that your deposit is due :confused3

Do you belong to Costco - they had the best prices I found in the last five places I called!

:headache: I was very disappointed with Dreams - I know they sponsor this site - I also know they have many satisfied customers - but have to agree that when you are making a "general" inquiry they are not at all user friendly :confused3

My experience in the past has been that the system which only allows a 24 hr response before you have to start over again with a request :mad: is not at all "customer" friendly

I would not think to post another TA on this thread - that being said there are more customer friendly TA's out there with great WDW/Disney experience and rates - DU could be awesome - personally I want good value, good rates, and "great customer service" - an email only system IMO is not "great Customer Service"

I know there are many angents for DU that are logged in these forums/threads in some cases you can read the underlying hidden message in in their posts - my opinion is they should be required to make themselves known in their posts as their input could be viewed as not very objective -and becomes a marketing tool

GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM THE DIS - When I had a problem with another DIS sponsor Timeshare Store - who I have nothing but great things to say about - the owner was unbelievable - he read my post on the DIS - he PM'd me, looked up my name from past business and called me at my home - to say I was impressed would not be justice to how I felt about this DIS sponsor - DU could take some tips from them

what length cruise are you interested in? 3 night, 4 night, 7 night...more? click on the Dreams logo on the top of this board, click get a quote and give any information you can about what exactly you are interested in...even if it only very vague. There is also a section on their page that lists discounted cruise dates...you can browse through the list and get an idea of the cost and dates available.

I have two upcoming trips booked with Dreams and found them to be very helpful with quotes for multiple dates and multiple stateroom categories.

ETA: I understand that the email only type of communication isn't for everyone...I really do like it better than having to talk on the phone every time, but that's just me.
I originally had only 1 cruise booked with DU. When I wantd another price, I just emailed the agent that booked the 1st cruise directly to ask for a price for the 2nd cruise....I didn't even think about going back to the homepage and requesting a quote that way. For me, DU has been great in this respect.

I just made reservations last night through Dreams Unlimited...Although I had a bit of a communication problem...They came through and they did have the best rates..including now through the 28th "Shipboard credit" promotion.

Just log onto their website and fill in the blanks for a quote. They will get back to you within 24 hours with a quote. I booked a 4 night cruise for Nov. of 2007. :cool1:

hooksenemy said:
:headache: My experience in the past has been that the system which only allows a 24 hr response before you have to start over again with a request :mad: is not at all "customer" friendly

Actually that is not correct. I'm not sure where you are getting that information, but there is no system to time out reservation requests in 24 hours and require a 2nd request to be put in. In fact duplicate requests are discouraged...just thought I'd try to clear that misconception up.

Sue Ellen

i think anyone can have a problem. especially since dcl/wdw vacations
require alot of planning [and high expectations.] we've been using dreams
unlimited since 2002. in our experiences they have been outstanding
and very dependable. what they sponsered haven't entered the picture
because we had no idea there was a dis site. in 1999 we just showed up
and hope for the best. while it was adventure, it also convienced us
planning is the way to go and having dreams unlimited have added alot
to our vacation $. good luck in finding what works best. :)

My comments were 100% related to my own experiences - if it didn't happen then I would not have written. I was emailed a password to log in for my quote - I didn't respond in what DU considers timely manner and I was requested to resubmit my request!

Sue Ellen given your response I assume you work for DU you could in fact be an owner? It did happen I assure you :mad: How about good customer service in at least acknowledging an unhappy customer and maybe do something to win my business back rather than state you have no such system!

I appreciate your response in "defense" of DU

hooksenemy said:
My comments were 100% related to my own experiences - if it didn't happen then I would not have written. I was emailed a password to log in for my quote - I didn't respond in what DU considers timely manner and I was requested to resubmit my request!

Sue Ellen given your response I assume you work for DU you could in fact be an owner? It did happen I assure you :mad: How about good customer service in at least acknowledging an unhappy customer and maybe do something to win my business back rather than state you have no such system!

I appreciate your response in "defense" of DU

Nope, not an owner and not trying to defend anything--just advising that there is not a 24 hour system in place. You do have to log into your reservation quote prior to the expiration of the hold, but that is the only limitation. You must have had a very short notice request to have only a 24 hour hold.
I'm not here to do customer service for Dreams Unlimited (as that is not my job) but I just wanted to make sure there was not a misconception that you had to either log in within 24 hours or submit a new request.

I'm sorry if your experience with Dreams was not what you expected. You should email Dreams Unlimited about your situation if you are unhappy as I'm sure someone would be more than happy to discuss your situation with you (in fact John often posts if you have any problems to email him at john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com)

No, online agencies are not for everyone, and I'm sorry if it did not work out for you.
Sue Ellen

SueEllen said:
I'm sorry if your experience with Dreams was not what you expected. You should email Dreams Unlimited about your situation if you are unhappy as I'm sure someone would be more than happy to discuss your situation with you (in fact John often posts if you have any problems to email him at john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com)

Sue Ellen

I was not too happy with Dreams about 3 years ago. I was told to e-mail John and tell him what I thought. Well, he was awesome and helped me so much. I booked a cruise for 44 guests (we sailed Jan 2006) and have booked for about 40 more (sailing Nov 2006) though Dreams and a great agent and now I would nver change. Take the advise of e-mailing John and I hope he can help you the way he helped me. :) :) :) :) :) :)

I currently have two bookings with DU. I wasn't impressed with them to start with. 1 week to get a respones from my e-mail. However I changed one reservation to a Land/sea package and was therefore transfered to a differant agent and she has been much quicker with replies. Hope that it all works out great in the end? :)

Dreams Unlimited Travel does not set the length of time alloted in which to make a decision. They simply relay what Disney Cruise Line has allowed.

Your travel dates being close, your chosen date is a holiday sailing, the ship or children's programming are nearing capacity are just some reasons for having a 24 hour hold.

This will be true for any travel agency, not just Dreams UnlimitedTravel.

I think I understand where you're coming from with this. My family is trying to set up a cruise ourselves. We are a family of 5 (kids 13, 9, 7). Having never cruised, we really don't know what we're doing. We would love to use DU but the email set-up just doesn't give us the opportunity to ask questions, etc. So, we will need to look elsewhere for answers - another travel agency. We're not knocking DU - I'm sure for the experienced cruisers who know what they want, DU is great - they're just not what we need.

Sue Ellen,
I'm confused why didn't you tell hooksenemy you are a TA for Dreams Unlimited. You stated you were not defending them. I guess with my work ethic, I do and would defend my company and its not a Travel Agency. Why not just be upfront? :confused3

I have not hidden the fact that I am a TA for Dreams (as there is a link in my signature to book a reservation with Dreams Unlimited) however I was not answering the question here as PR for Dreams, nor doing customer service for Dreams Unlimited (as that is not my position with the company.)

My reason for posting was only to clear up the confusion about the 24 hour time frame. Since that was the issue I was addressing I did not see a need to state I was an agent (but when specifically asked here on the boards if I am with Dreams Unlimited I always openly admit that I am as I love my job and what I do.)

Sue Ellen

willbug97 said:
Sue Ellen,
I'm confused why didn't you tell hooksenemy you are a TA for Dreams Unlimited. You stated you were not defending them. I guess with my work ethic, I do and would defend my company and its not a Travel Agency. Why not just be upfront? :confused3

To give Sue Ellen the benefit of the doubt, maybe she assumed (or didn't think about) the fact that hooksenemy didn't know that. I haven't been on these boards for very long, but I know that Sue Ellen works for DU. I forget that some people may not be aware of this.

BTW, I'm not now, nor have i ever been a travel agent. I have gotten a few quotes from DU, but have not booked through them for various reasons.

EDIT: Sue Ellen posted after I started typing...I get distracted and it takes me a while, but I see she answered the question herself, so perhaps my post wasn't necessary.

Hi everyone,
I responded to Sue Ellen mainly to not leave readers thinking I made up the story of timing and resubmitting etc... I will say this, I have never booked with DU - it doesn't mean in my future with experience under my belt I wouldn't for a good rate.

I feel there is an underlying tone from the TA's who post on this thread - DU is the place to go, click on the link above, DU gives rebates yadda, yadda, yadda :(

I know they sponsor the thread however they seem to be given a more gray line when it comes to "tooting" their horn or "Marketing" however you want to look at it - I think competition raises the caliber of excellence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter