How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

Please let me know if I miss any replies! With this TR moving along faster that what I'm used to (and you know I'm not complaining about that - its great!) I just don't want to miss any posts. So let me know if I accidently overlook a post!!!!!!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled TR!

OMG!! It's moving soooo fast!!! Which is good and bad! I feel the same way as you! I'd love to be able to keep up with everything but I'm not sure I can!

MickeysMyBoy - You are not the first to have issues with the underwire in the bra....super embarassing moment at LAX...;)

MEK - I was driving across town tonight and it was during rush hour so I decided to go a different route. I never go over to that side of town but did tonight to meet friends....anyhoo, I'm driving along and in a little plaza to my left was a gigantic sign announcing "MEK HAS ARRIVED! DENTAL OFFICE NOW OPEN!" I tried to grab a picture for you on my phone but it just looks like a rainy, grey & fluorescent blur. :)

I'm here, but I still have to read!! I will as soon as I possibly can....life has been particularly rude for the past 2 months and destroying my DIS time. ;) I cannot wait to hear about this adventure!!!

The Beach Club really isn't all that great. Stormalong Bay is overrated. And Beaches 'n Cream- you can get a burger anywhere. And walk to EPCOT? Who wants to walk on vacation? There are plenty of better places to stay!!!

:rolleyes1 OK. Not really. :blush: I adore Beach Club. :cloud9: But I don't need any more competition to find a room there and don't want it too crowded!!! :laughing: Luckily BCV is my home DVC resort so I have the "11 month" advantage. :) I do seriously think the Villa rooms need a refurb. I like the BWV rooms much better. And for standard view the points are "cheaper."

Ladies - how did we pick BC in the first place? Did I twist your arms? :upsidedow

Great update, Melissa!! Looks like you had a relaxing morning once you got all the transportation hassle out of the way. Or DID you.... ;)

Still can't get over that balcony. Is that a "one off" on a corner or something? We definitely could have had quite a party out there!!!

It sure was HOT on this trip. No argument from me. Thank goodness for pool breaks and slushies!!!

Thanks for the trip in pictures this morning. All of those topiaries were so pretty!! I wasn't a big fan of May for the crowds and love bugs but I could see going back for F&G.

--------------

Adding my :welcome: to our new readers. As Mary Ellen and Melissa said, I think we'll all try our best to keep up with this thread. We love all the comments and chatting so don't be shy! :)

I'm here!

I just got done catching up and I am excited to hear more!

POR looks so nice in your pics MEK!

I seriously miss BWV after those pics of the lobby! It was such a nice resort!

I really want to go to Food and Wine one year! I would love to go in 2012 but with school it probably won't happen. I really want to do the half marathon and then enjoy all of the food and the drinks after and they have a huge area for beer set up. With all of the praise for Food and Wine it makes me want to go even more :laughing:

Other then a family in front of me that seemed to include at least 10 people, 3 strollers and 45 pieces of luggage and an older couple behind me with 2 giant boxes full of Entenmanns baked goods they only other people were airport employees!​

I certainly hope you made friends. :lmao:

I passed the pat down and the TSA lady who did it said it was probably the metal in my bra!!!​

I hope she bought you dinner...or breakfast, in this case...after all that! ;)

Beautiful photos of the BW. I don't know why, but I'm really partial to that elephant. Makes me think Moulin Rouge.

The Beach Club really isn't all that great. Stormalong Bay is overrated. And Beaches 'n Cream- you can get a burger anywhere. And walk to EPCOT? Who wants to walk on vacation? There are plenty of better places to stay!!!

:rolleyes1 OK. Not really. :blush: I adore Beach Club. :cloud9: But I don't need any more competition to find a room there and don't want it too crowded!!! :laughing: Luckily BCV is my home DVC resort so I have the "11 month" advantage. :) I do seriously think the Villa rooms need a refurb. I like the BWV rooms much better. And for standard view the points are "cheaper."

Ladies - how did we pick BC in the first place? Did I twist your arms? :upsidedow

I was confused for a minute and was wondering what alien and taken over our Christine!!! It is not going to take much to make my heart fall in love with BCV I'm already head over heels in love with BWV and being that close to EPCOT!! I loved just going and strolling through WS and enjoying pushing people into buying drinks LOL (but that's another story for another time LOL) The walkway is my favorite part, there is no other way a person should enter EPCOT and I will never be on the other side of SSE again LOL!!!!!!

Melissa I love your room!! Oh how BWV calls to me!!! We keep eyeing some contracts and dare I say an offer will be made this summer!!!!

I remember not being able to see your picture and was sad!! Cynthia had to let me know what it looked like LOL!!!! Your pictures were keeping me sane until I could get there LOL!!!!

MickeysMyBoy - You are not the first to have issues with the underwire in the bra....super embarassing moment at LAX...;)

That is ridiculous! They might have to start putting tags on new bras that say, "guaranteed not to set off airport metal detector or a full refund". :laughing: That is super embarassing!

MEK - I was driving across town tonight and it was during rush hour so I decided to go a different route. I never go over to that side of town but did tonight to meet friends....anyhoo, I'm driving along and in a little plaza to my left was a gigantic sign announcing "MEK HAS ARRIVED! DENTAL OFFICE NOW OPEN!" I tried to grab a picture for you on my phone but it just looks like a rainy, grey & fluorescent blur. :)

:rotfl2: I wonder who MEK is? The dentist or some new anethestic agent? I would have loved to see that sign.

Great update!!! :thumbsup2

I agree. I ADORE everything about the Epcot resorts. :cloud9:

I agree. I really want to stay at the Boardwalk now after seeing that picture. What an awesome balcony!

I'm here, but I still have to read!! I will as soon as I possibly can....life has been particularly rude for the past 2 months and destroying my DIS time. ;) I cannot wait to hear about this adventure!!!

:welcome: Brook! So glad you are here to join the fun! Sorry you are so super busy right now. Because that means not only can't you read this, but you can't update your TR. Bummer!

:rotfl: You almost had me. I thought, "Gee, did C wake up this morning with a hangover or something?"

I know I keep saying this, but I absolutely loved the costumer service there. Customer service is good everywhere, but they really went the extra mile. At VWL I feel distant from the main lodge, but at BCV I really felt part of everything.

The BWV rooms do look very beautiful. I really wanted to waitlist there for December (since I have never stayed there), but Denny wanted to stay at VWL for the whole Christmas thing and for Nick. So I left in alone, but I might be jonesin for BWV for F&W 2012.

I think we had originally considered both, but I think (but I'm not positive) that Melissa was supposed to be just coming off a BWV stay, so we opted for BC. Correct me if I'm wrong Melissa, but weren't you supposed to stay there for the bday trip but things got changed around when your dates changed.

Still can't get over that balcony. Is that a "one off" on a corner or something? We definitely could have had quite a party out there!!!

That's what I want to know. That balcony looks huge and such a pretty view! No wonder people like BWV so much!

I'm here!

I just got done catching up and I am excited to hear more!

POR looks so nice in your pics MEK!

:welcome: Caitlin! So glad you made it! Have you started relaxing yet for the summer?

Glad you like the POR pics. It really is a pretty resort. I wonder if it would pass the "Dale Resort Snob" Test? :rotfl:

I'm here!

I seriously miss BWV after those pics of the lobby! It was such a nice resort!

I really want to go to Food and Wine one year! I would love to go in 2012 but with school it probably won't happen. I really want to do the half marathon and then enjoy all of the food and the drinks after and they have a huge area for beer set up. With all of the praise for Food and Wine it makes me want to go even more :laughing:

I really want to stay at BWV and all this talk and is making me want to visit even more. Should I waitlist and not tell Denny? ;) Nah - I couldn't do that!

As soon as you graduate you and your mom need a F&W trip. I need one, too!

I hope she bought you dinner...or breakfast, in this case...after all that! ;)

Soon they will have a sign that says - "Caution: underwire undergarments may set off alarm". :rolleyes1

Beautiful photos of the BW. I don't know why, but I'm really partial to that elephant. Makes me think Moulin Rouge.

I love that elephant too. I love the lobby because it is so Jersey shore circa 1960's. It takes me right back to the days of the Steele Pier (yes - I am that old!)

I was confused for a minute and was wondering what alien and taken over our Christine!!! It is not going to take much to make my heart fall in love with BCV I'm already head over heels in love with BWV and being that close to EPCOT!! I loved just going and strolling through WS and enjoying pushing people into buying drinks LOL (but that's another story for another time LOL) The walkway is my favorite part, there is no other way a person should enter EPCOT and I will never be on the other side of SSE again LOL!!!!!!

:rotfl2: So was I! C is just trying to keep it all to herself, but the secret is out now. I will admit that being on the "other side" of Epcot rope drop was really, really cool!

Melissa I love your room!! Oh how BWV calls to me!!! We keep eyeing some contracts and dare I say an offer will be made this summer!!!!

NA NA NA NA NA NA .... NOT LISTENING ..... FIGHTING THE URGE NOT TO WAITLIST THERE FOR DECEMBER........ NA NA NA NA NA!

I remember not being able to see your picture and was sad!! Cynthia had to let me know what it looked like LOL!!!! Your pictures were keeping me sane until I could get there LOL!!!!

Pretrip sanity pictures are essential, are they not?

BWV looks awesome. We are staying there for the first time in November.

Love the pictures of the topiaries!

OK - I need the little smilie here that passes out and faints. No more talk about BWV, Please!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously though, I am very happy you are getting a chance to stay there. I'm not jealous at all. Nope! Not Me! :laughing:

There is nothing like that walk over to Epcot to cruise through an empty WS in the am on the way to Futureworld....BUT the best is the walk home after a crowded Illuminations night and instead of hopping on a bus or monorail you just take your time and meander out of the gates :goodvibes Or more appropriately during F&W roll out of the gates :rotfl2:

I still can't get over that balcony Melissa...amazing!! I watched the Samantha webcast last night too!! :thumbsup2 She has the best job in the world. Aulani is beautiful and would be wonderful to visit someday. ::yes::

Tracy

Am glad you managed to get away ok. Lol at the metal detector being set off by your bra! :laughing:

Love the view from the balcony and Epcot pics!

MEK - thank you for the second welcome! :goodvibes

That is ridiculous! They might have to start putting tags on new bras that say, "guaranteed not to set off airport metal detector or a full refund". :laughing: That is super embarassing!

:rotfl2: I wonder who MEK is? The dentist or some new anethestic agent? I would have loved to see that sign.

I travel underwire-free nowadays! All wireless now at the airport! They should make TSA approved bras that women could purchase before they leave! They would make a ton of cash! :)

I believe the MEK stood for something but I was going 60km and it was raining. There was smaller print underneath but I didn't catch it. I'll let you know if I drive by it again!

:welcome: Caitlin! So glad you made it! Have you started relaxing yet for the summer?

Glad you like the POR pics. It really is a pretty resort. I wonder if it would pass the "Dale Resort Snob" Test? :rotfl:

I really want to stay at BWV and all this talk and is making me want to visit even more. Should I waitlist and not tell Denny? ;) Nah - I couldn't do that!

As soon as you graduate you and your mom need a F&W trip. I need one, too!

I have tried to start relaxing but with our trip and a busy weekend after we got back I have just now started relaxing :laughing:

My dad did want to stay at POR this past trip so I think he approves but I would like to see what he would think if we actually stayed there :laughing:

I am sure you will get your chance at BWV! Just gives you a reason to go back ;)

I really wanted to go for the weekend of my 21st birthday this year since it's F&W and I think around the beginning of MVMCP but oh well. I will definitely be going after I graduate from law school :laughing:

You are far from the first to have airport bra issues! I remember when I was like 13, I was flying somewhere with my parents, and they took out that metal detector wand and starting waving it all around until they declared (loudly...and it wasn't just my imagination!) "BRA!!!!" :laughing:

man this thing is moving fast!!! :cool1:

Darn life getting in the way of the DIS? What's up with that? I hope it because you are SO busy booking trips for people!

You crack me up!

I think we ended up with BCV over BWV as at the time, Melissa was going to do BWV for her DD surprise bday trip so would have just been there. We pretty quickly narrowed it down to AKV, BWV or BCV.

I guess I better keep this baby moving, seeing how I was the first to arrive!

I loved this room! Loved, loved, LOVED it! I also loved this balcony!!!! It was HUGE!! I could have had a party out there!

The view was to die for!

What a great room and balcony! I really really want to stay there one of these days! I love that Donald was your first ride. My first ride this trip was quite surprising, it's fun to go your own way and with whatever whim catches you at the time. A truly lovely side effect of solo travel.

I do so love the Boardwalk area! We usually ride the boat from HD to Boardwalk to eat or to go to Epcot. Such a pretty place.

Not only are those lovebugs messy, they will destroy the paint on your car if they are not washed off fast enough!:mad:

The first place I'm going to hit in Sept will be the Ditch, gotta' get one of those Margarita's early so that when I get sick, it won't be the morning that I'm leaving! :sad2: I will be drinking around the world, especially the Slushies!

2012 F&W is sounding fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter