How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

I'm sad to see your TR is over, but I'm excited to read the next one!!! Your VN lunch looks great (food, and...um...ambiance ;)), I can't wait to go there!

I'm sad to see your TR is over, but I'm excited to read the next one!!! Your VN lunch looks great (food, and...um...ambiance ;)), I can't wait to go there!

I have a few more updates up my sleeve, but I am actually looking forward to doing my next TR!

VN is the perfect girls lunch. You'll just have to be careful to check out those waiters when Wingnut is not looking! ;):laughing:

Agreed, although I wish I was going with you to experience F&W! You must be so excited that your trip is right around the corner. Woo Hoo!

I'm excited, but although I'm not complaining about it on my PTR (trying to stay positive!), I have bronchitis. And I'm just sitting here, waiting for it to go away. I told the doctor last week that I was going away in 9 days and he put me on antibiotics for 10 days and told me I will be fine by my trip but...I'm not so sure. So I'm a little freaked out right now. :scared1: I just want to be 100% better by the time I go, and right now I feel maybe 60% better.

Anyway, great update! I love everything you bought! I saw those Mickey chip clips in another TR and I was thinking of getting them, but if they are only good for small bags, it's kind of pointless!

I love the wine charms, I wish I drank more wine! :rotfl:

Wow, Via Napoli looks good! The waiters are definitely cute, but I'm not going there to look at them, I'm going to eat!! :laughing: I almost want to change that ADR to the beginning of my trip, just because I don't feel like waiting til the end of it to finally go there! :rotfl:

Ugh I hate that feeling of knowing your trip is over. :( It is a little easier to go home knowing that you have another trip planned, though! :banana:

Great way to end a trip. A lunch with hotties and girlfriends.

Sorry that reality "slapped" you when you re-entered the real world.

I had a trip where I had a delay and I was on a such a Disney high I didn't even look at until I was going through security after a guy on the escalator mentioned his flight was delayed. :rolleyes1

I have a shopping list this time but we shall see how much comes home with me. :rolleyes1

I'm excited, but although I'm not complaining about it on my PTR (trying to stay positive!), I have bronchitis. And I'm just sitting here, waiting for it to go away. I told the doctor last week that I was going away in 9 days and he put me on antibiotics for 10 days and told me I will be fine by my trip but...I'm not so sure. So I'm a little freaked out right now. :scared1: I just want to be 100% better by the time I go, and right now I feel maybe 60% better.

OMG Jen - I know EXACTLY how you feel because I was still sick when I left for my trip. And it is totally scary because you know you are going to get better, but you start to think about all the "what ifs". :hug: If you need to slow down a bit and rest more than usual just do what you need to do. You are going to your favorite place with your favorite travel partner so just let go of the pressure. Keep a low profile at home. Don't stress yourself and if you don't feel 100% prepared, just let it go.

I

Anyway, great update! I love everything you bought! I saw those Mickey chip clips in another TR and I was thinking of getting them, but if they are only good for small bags, it's kind of pointless!

Yeah - they are cute, but not entirely functional. They need to retool them and I bet they would sell like crazy.

I love the wine charms, I wish I drank more wine! :rotfl:

Well, now, remember that you can put them on any glass with a stem - that means you can use them for tinis or ritas or whatever you want to put in a glass. ;) If I need a Disney fix bad I just put whatever I'm drinking (alcoholic or non alcoholic) in my Disney wine glasses! Cheers me up!

Wow, Via Napoli looks good! The waiters are definitely cute, but I'm not going there to look at them, I'm going to eat!! :laughing: I almost want to change that ADR to the beginning of my trip, just because I don't feel like waiting til the end of it to finally go there! :rotfl:

Just make sure Brandon is not looking when you check them out! ;) Oh No - not more ADR tweaking!!!!! :rotfl:

Ugh I hate that feeling of knowing your trip is over. :( It is a little easier to go home knowing that you have another trip planned, though! :banana:

Thank God for DVC! You know you will ALWAYS have another trip planned! I actually have trips planned right up through October 2010! Woo Hoo!

Great way to end a trip. A lunch with hotties and girlfriends.

It was a perfect way to end a trip! Can't think of a better way!

Sorry that reality "slapped" you when you re-entered the real world.

It was weird how it hit all of a sudden. I think because I just went from one event to the next and it was a constant procession of fun and then ....oops....game over! Huh? :confused3

I had a trip where I had a delay and I was on a such a Disney high I didn't even look at until I was going through security after a guy on the escalator mentioned his flight was delayed. :rolleyes1

Awesome! Love the Disney high!

I have seriously had SO many flight delays into Philly or Baltimore in the evening. I pretty much know my evening flight is always going to be delayed at least an hour or so. So for a little extra delay I got $100! Score!

I have a shopping list this time but we shall see how much comes home with me. :rolleyes1

I don't know how long your next trip is (although I see you are leaving in just a few days - Nice! :cool1:), but I find that I do less shopping on short trips. It's just not a priority for me!

I know that feeling of when you suddenly realize that the trip is over and it is time to head home. It's sad but then you think of events during your trip and you get a little smile. Then you get to write a TR and relive the trip all over again!

Shortly I will be starting a new TR for my Hilton Head and December trip, so stay tuned for that.

I forgot you were going to HHI. DW and I will be there Oct 25-29 for the first time. This is a whole new experience for me. No ADR's. No schedule. No plans except to eat at Robert Irvine's restaurant. I'm beside myself! :scared1:

Your TR has been a pleasure to read. I have really enjoyed it and look forward to your summary and list of firsts.

Boo for having to go home!

But thank you for the VN pictures. (no, not the food ones).

I love those Mickey wineglass charms! I bought the bottle stoppers for gifts on one previous trip. Maybe I should be getting some for myself!

Looking forward to the next updates from the rest of the gang and your new TR!

I know that feeling of when you suddenly realize that the trip is over and it is time to head home. It's sad but then you think of events during your trip and you get a little smile. Then you get to write a TR and relive the trip all over again!

I think that's why I love writing trip reports. It's a wonderful way to relive the magic. I know that some people prefer PTRs, but I am all about the post TR. I love getting started on it because I love to share it with people that seem genuinely interested.

I forgot you were going to HHI. DW and I will be there Oct 25-29 for the first time. This is a whole new experience for me. No ADR's. No schedule. No plans except to eat at Robert Irvine's restaurant. I'm beside myself! :scared1:

Really? REALLY? We will be there October October 23 to the 28th. Well, you know what this means, don't you? Hilton Head Dis Meet. I will be there with two of my girlfriends. They picked HH over Disney. We've been trying to plan this trip for awhile. So, we'll have to exchange info as the trip gets closer and hopefully get to meet up to say "hi" at the resort. There's so much I want to do. Apparently there is a naturalist there who guides free nature tours. So excited. I hope the weather is good!!!!!

Your TR has been a pleasure to read. I have really enjoyed it and look forward to your summary and list of firsts.

Thanks Bill. So glad you have been enjoying our TR. It was a lot of fun writing it.

BTW - I noticed you asked Jen Sop what she thought of VWL. I actually stayed there in May 2010 and posted a ton of pics in that TR if you are interested. It's really different from all the other resorts. The whole national park lodge thing felt a little bit forced to me, but that's because I have skied out west and I live practically in the northeast so I've been to a lot of mountain areas. Be that as it may, it is still a wonderful resort. I love the layout, the pools, the lodge, the proximity to MK, the paths. Make sure you take the lodge tour with Ranger Joe. Its fabulous!

I'm so sad this TR is over...it was so much fun, start to finish!

Aww - thanks! I am so happy you enjoyed are TR. It was really fun meeting so many new DISers through this report. And did I see you posted an update today????? I need to check it out.

Thanks for reading!

Boo for having to go home!

But thank you for the VN pictures. (no, not the food ones).

Going home stinks, doesn't it?????

:rotfl2: I hear ya sister on the VN hotties. I heard they were, but now I have experienced the proof!

I love those Mickey wineglass charms! I bought the bottle stoppers for gifts on one previous trip. Maybe I should be getting some for myself!

I love the bottle stoppers, too. Yes - you definitely need to get one (or two) for yourself!!!! I have a plain silver bottle stopper, but I would like one of the swirly colored ones.

Looking forward to the next updates from the rest of the gang and your new TR!

Thanks!!!! I'll let you know when I start the next one. I'd like to get it going pretty soon.:upsidedow

I hate that bus ride back to the airport. I, unlike you, don't have another trip in the works yet. Probably won't go until 2013, unless something comes along.

I just love your TR's, I'm looking forward to the Williamsburg one.

Well I guess I got caught up just in time for the end! I know how sad you must have been feeling at the end of this trip... when our January "spectrum moms" trip came to an end, I was ready to get back to my family but so sad to be saying good-bye to my wonderful Disney companions & new friends for life. :sad1:

Anxiously awaiting your next PTR.

What beautiful scenery you had during lunch! Jennifer and I have an ADR at Via Napoli on our first night - I can't wait!!

I hate that feeling you get when the trip is over and you are climbing on board the UNmagical express back to the airport :sad1: And I really hate it when you get to the airport and find that your flight has been delayed and you could have had 2 more hours in the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets

I forgot you were going to HHI. DW and I will be there Oct 25-29 for the first time. This is a whole new experience for me. No ADR's. No schedule. No plans except to eat at Robert Irvine's restaurant. I'm beside myself!

Really? REALLY? We will be there October October 23 to the 28th. Well, you know what this means, don't you? Hilton Head Dis Meet. I will be there with two of my girlfriends. They picked HH over Disney. We've been trying to plan this trip for awhile. So, we'll have to exchange info as the trip gets closer and hopefully get to meet up to say "hi" at the resort. There's so much I want to do. Apparently there is a naturalist there who guides free nature tours. So excited. I hope the weather is good!!!!!

Hmmm....sounds like this could be the beginnings of a plan! We've added Alligator Grille to our list of restaurants to try. Restaurant.com has $25/$50 coupon online for $2/$4. If anyone is interested, use code word FALL for the discount. BTW, these coupons do not expire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets

Thanks Bill. So glad you have been enjoying our TR. It was a lot of fun writing it.

BTW - I noticed you asked Jen Sop what she thought of VWL. I actually stayed there in May 2010 and posted a ton of pics in that TR if you are interested. It's really different from all the other resorts. The whole national park lodge thing felt a little bit forced to me, but that's because I have skied out west and I live practically in the northeast so I've been to a lot of mountain areas. Be that as it may, it is still a wonderful resort. I love the layout, the pools, the lodge, the proximity to MK, the paths. Make sure you take the lodge tour with Ranger Joe. Its fabulous!

Will do...thanks for the heads up. We've only been inside VWL one time when we ate at Whispering Canyon during a Backstage Magic Tour and that was enough for us to purchase a small DVC contract we liked. We did almost the same thing at OKW. We visited OKW 2 years before we made our initial DVC purchase there. The worse is our small contract at BWV. We've never stayed or visited there before we bought in there! With all the great reviews here on the DISboards, we couldn't pass it up when it came available. These are all small contracts so we need to add some more! :sad2:

Look forward to hearing from you to see if we can meet at HHI! Do I see a "rita search" in the future? :thumbsup2

oh that last bus ride part...so sad!!!

I couldn't believe how delayed you were, BLEH.

Sigh...Via Napoli. I wish I could go there for lunch today!!!

Bummer about the chip clips, they did look awfully small. I confess that my corn holders, while stinkin cute, aren't the most comfortable ones I've ever used and seem prone to falling out of the cob. :rotfl:

I love that towel. If I didn't have a bazillion of them already I'd have added one to my loot but oh well. I can dream of someday having an owners locker to put one in, right? I do wish I'd gotten the wine charms through, maybe next trip.

I'll try to get an update up soon, maybe today!

I hate that bus ride back to the airport. I, unlike you, don't have another trip in the works yet. Probably won't go until 2013, unless something comes along.

When I go with Denny I am usually so stressed about getting the car back on time and not forgetting anything (since we are always so last minute :rolleyes1) that I am actually relieved when we get checked in. But on ME all you have to think about is going home. :sad2:

F&W 2012......Just sayin'!!!!! I think there will be many DISers there!

I just love your TR's, I'm looking forward to the Williamsburg one.

Thank you! I am seriously going to start the next TR soon. I've got most of my photos edited and it won't take long to do the rest.

Oh - and I've already written the first update, so I guess I should get going.

Well I guess I got caught up just in time for the end! I know how sad you must have been feeling at the end of this trip... when our January "spectrum moms" trip came to an end, I was ready to get back to my family but so sad to be saying good-bye to my wonderful Disney companions & new friends for life. :sad1:

It's strange - you know its time to leave and you want to get back home to your family, but its just sad when all the planning and scheming and anticipation comes to a end. Are the spectrum moms planning a reunion anytime soon? Like F&W 2012 - just sayin! :rolleyes1

Anxiously awaiting your next PTR.

Starting soon! Promise!

Italian waiter pics??? Be still my beating heart!!! :lmao:

Seriously...are they not the cutest???? It was almost too much for an old lady like me! :rotfl:

Argghhhhh! I can' get my other window to reopen. Be Back in a sec with more replies.

What beautiful scenery you had during lunch! Jennifer and I have an ADR at Via Napoli on our first night - I can't wait!!
:rotfl2: Seriously - the best!!!!! And there will probably be a whole new set of hotties when you guys get there. You will love it! And its seriously going to be tops on my list for F&W 2012!!!!!! You're gonna be there....right??? :rotfl:

I hate that feeling you get when the trip is over and you are climbing on board the UNmagical express back to the airport :sad1: And I really hate it when you get to the airport and find that your flight has been delayed and you could have had 2 more hours in the World!

Seriously - so annoying because I totally checked my flight on my flight tracker and it was on time. That is until I got to the gate. Even though my flight was not until 5:30 ish, I still needed to be at ME by 3:15. That is one thing I really like about driving!

Quote:

Hmmm....sounds like this could be the beginnings of a plan! We've added Alligator Grille to our list of restaurants to try. Restaurant.com has $25/$50 coupon online for $2/$4. If anyone is interested, use code word FALL for the discount. BTW, these coupons do not expire.

Look forward to hearing from you to see if we can meet at HHI! Do I see a "rita search" in the future? :thumbsup2

We should definitely meet up for a drink one afternoon! Either at the resort or in town somewhere. That would be fun. I would suggest dinner but I don't know how your wife would feel about 3 total strangers showing up. :laughing: My girlfriends know I meet friends on the DIS boards so they are not bothered by it. At least I don't think they are! :rotfl: I just really enjoy meeting new people and I've never met a DISer I didn't like.

I have been meaning to check out Restaurant.com. That's great that you already know where you want to eat. Did you check out restaurant reviews anywhere? Sometimes I check out the reviews on trip advisor.

Quote:

Will do...thanks for the heads up. We've only been inside VWL one time when we ate at Whispering Canyon during a Backstage Magic Tour and that was enough for us to purchase a small DVC contract we liked. We did almost the same thing at OKW. We visited OKW 2 years before we made our initial DVC purchase there. The worse is our small contract at BWV. We've never stayed or visited there before we bought in there! With all the great reviews here on the DISboards, we couldn't pass it up when it came available. These are all small contracts so we need to add some more! :sad2:

I purchased VWL because I found the perfect 100 point contract there in my use year. I pretty much knew I wanted to add on exactly 100 points and I couldn't find it at SSR or AKL (my first choices). I saw this contract as soon as it was released and the price was right so I jumped on it. Definitely an impulse buy. We will be staying there as actual owners in June. Although I have been thinking of trying to change that ressie to BWV because it will be the only DVC resort that I haven't stayed at (on the East Coast that is!)

oh that last bus ride part...so sad!!!

I couldn't believe how delayed you were, BLEH.

!

I know - I'm glad I didn't go back on your bus. I would have been in that stinkin' airport even longer. :rotfl:

I always expect flight delays out of MCO when I am going to Philly. Philly is the worst airport for backups. So, yeah, it was extreme, but it really did help to bring our ticket price down for December.

Sigh...Via Napoli. I wish I could go there for lunch today!!!

Well, I would normally agree with you, but today was a stellar day for lunch at the Chesapeake Inn so I'm pretty happy I managed to sway Denny into agreeing to go out with me this afternoon. I knew if we started taking pictures in the town we would eventually end up at a bar. ;) and have lunch. I love the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries this time of year, so I wanted to soak it in for the last time until next summer. I would have stayed longer, but he wanted to watch the end of the Eagles game.

Bummer about the chip clips, they did look awfully small. I confess that my corn holders, while stinkin cute, aren't the most comfortable ones I've ever used and seem prone to falling out of the cob. :rotfl:

Oh NO - falling out of the cob is totally unacceptable! :rotfl:

I love that towel. If I didn't have a bazillion of them already I'd have added one to my loot but oh well. I can dream of someday having an owners locker to put one in, right? I do wish I'd gotten the wine charms through, maybe next trip.

The towel is pretty cozy! I do really love it!

And you - the wine guru - really MUST get those wine charms!

I'll try to get an update up soon, maybe today!

:cool1: Woo Hoo!

It was weird how it hit all of a sudden. I think because I just went from one event to the next and it was a constant procession of fun and then ....oops....game over! Huh? :confused3

That is when DD ( disney depression) hits the hardest.

Awesome! Love the Disney high!

I have seriously had SO many flight delays into Philly or Baltimore in the evening. I pretty much know my evening flight is always going to be delayed at least an hour or so. So for a little extra delay I got $100! Score!
Rut Roh My return flight from New Orleans ( After Disney ) is through Baltimore. Yes not quite direct but for $80 from SW I am am not arguing. Might make a late night later.

I don't know how long your next trip is (although I see you are leaving in just a few days - Nice! :cool1:), but I find that I do less shopping on short trips. It's just not a priority for me!

I have missed out when I wait too long so I am afraid I will but it when I see it right away. I have a list from what I didn't buy last time.... a year ago.:headache:

Exactly!!! :lmao: I usually take the time to go through my pictures and relive the magic. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter