How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

IMG_3259.jpg

This would be the superfruit martini and it came with a cute little bracelet.

IMG_3263.jpg

Who still has their bracelet? Anyone?
Ahhhhh - Here's what I was waiting for. A nice glass of wine! Knowing that Cynthia was so good with wine, I had her pick my beverage de jour!

IMG_3291.jpg

And because Cynthia picked, I have no idea what type of wine it was. I'm sure she'll remember. She's good like that. Whatever it was - it was delish and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

And because I enjoyed it so much, here's my artsy spin on my picture (or perhaps thats actually how the wine looked after a few glasses). Ho Hum!

IMG_3292.jpg

I do! I have my bracelet! And a couple of pictures :)

I love how serious Mary Ellen looks here!

2011FG550.jpg

2011FG549.jpg

It is SUCH a gorgeous resort!

2011FG551.jpg

2011FG553.jpg

2011FG552.jpg

But the bar area didn't photograph all that well for me

2011FG558.jpg

Nor did the restaurant but I did enjoy these wine racks

2011FG569.jpg

Everything else I took was your standard lobby or pool shot, pretty boring.

I did enjoy Jiko very much. Alas, I have no clue what kind of wine I chose for Mary Ellen, though I think I recall the one we had the next day at lunch. I know I had a glass of pinotage that was lovely. I did like my duck but it wasn't the best duck ever. Good but not earth shattering. Not really worth 2 credits but OOP I'd probably have been fine with it. And heck I was fine with the 2 credits but if I'd have been with my family, maybe not so much. Generally speaking OOP always seems a better deal at the signatures.

I wish I'd have gotten those short ribs. I loved the ambiance of the place though, that's for sure! The service was very good and attentive but a bit lacking in personality and we had to wait longer than I'd like for our table but overall it was a very good meal. Prior to this trip I'd not eaten at any of the signatures so it was fun to go to a couple and compare.

I love how serious Mary Ellen looks here!

Oh I have a feeling I know what picture you are referring to and those are the ones I did not like at all. :scared1: They were so bad I didn't even repeat the post! :rotfl:

I did enjoy Jiko very much. Alas, I have no clue what kind of wine I chose for Mary Ellen, though I think I recall the one we had the next day at lunch. I know I had a glass of pinotage that was lovely. I did like my duck but it wasn't the best duck ever. Good but not earth shattering. Not really worth 2 credits but OOP I'd probably have been fine with it. And heck I was fine with the 2 credits but if I'd have been with my family, maybe not so much. Generally speaking OOP always seems a better deal at the signatures.

I learned that pinotage is a grape only grown in south africa (thanks Podsnel Ellen). I did not know that.

I think OOP with TIW works well if you are drinking. But I know I am using the DxDP again for at least two nights in December so Denny, Nick, and I can eat at Cali Grill and Artist Point. I think its worth it because I know Nick will definitely want the apps and dessert. I could go either way on the dessert, but if its there I am going to eat it. ;)

I figure we will eat our money's worth when we add two more sitdowns and more snack credits. My only question is 'What am I going to do with more mugs??????" :rotfl:

But I guess I do have time to consider the merits of the TIW as an alternative since I will be going back in June and then next October. I just love the convenience of the DDP.

I wish I'd have gotten those short ribs. I loved the ambiance of the place though, that's for sure! The service was very good and attentive but a bit lacking in personality and we had to wait longer than I'd like for our table but overall it was a very good meal. Prior to this trip I'd not eaten at any of the signatures so it was fun to go to a couple and compare.

Well put - lacking in personality. That's exactly how I felt. I think our waiter probably is better with couples. Maybe I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. :rotfl: I just didn't get the warm fuzzies from him! At All!

Thanks for posting your pictures, Cynthia. I can see why you liked the wine racks--very different.

Oh I have a feeling I know what picture you are referring to and those are the ones I did not like at all. :scared1: They were so bad I didn't even repeat the post! :rotfl:
You just look very focused in one and then like I interrupted you and got the "are you crazy?" look. sorry, it kind of cracks me up, just a funny expression. I don't think they are bad (and I still love that top you wore that night!)

I think OOP with TIW works well if you are drinking. But I know I am using the DxDP again for at least two nights in December so Denny, Nick, and I can eat at Cali Grill and Artist Point. I think its worth it because I know Nick will definitely want the apps and dessert. I could go either way on the dessert, but if its there I am going to eat it. ;)

I figure we will eat our money's worth when we add two more sitdowns and more snack credits. My only question is 'What am I going to do with more mugs??????" :rotfl:

But I guess I do have time to consider the merits of the TIW as an alternative since I will be going back in June and then next October. I just love the convenience of the DDP.

Well put - lacking in personality. That's exactly how I felt. I think our waiter probably is better with couples. Maybe I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. :rotfl: I just didn't get the warm fuzzies from him! At All!

I think the DxDP can be a good thing , especially in that circumstance. I thought it worked out great for us and love that DVC lets you do it for just part of the stay. If I was on the regular plan though and had it for the entire week, that's when I think it just wouldn't be worth the 2 credits. not to mention on the regular plan you wouldn't get the app!

At a certain point, you just leave the mugs there I guess. I dunno, one benefit to an owners locker for sure!

Thanks for posting your pictures, Cynthia. I can see why you liked the wine racks--very different.

We actually used to have one that was a little similar, only it was more of an evergreen tree. Random auction spontaneous buy. Plus it came filled with wine. It was very cool, a prototype for a display at a local winery here. But it was huge and well...we drink wine as it comes in so it just looked empty all the time once we worked our way through all the wine it came with.

:rotfl:

Whew! I'm finally caught back up. I hate getting behind but life hasn't been helping much.

I'm so enjoying your trip. The perfect mix on me time and friend time. Such great adventures, food and drink. I'm dying to try the Jungle trek now. Won't be on our next trip since it's so short but sometime in the future. It would be perfect for the whole family. Except maybe DH since he doesn't like heights.

All the great food has really made me hungry too.

Of course beautiful pictures of everything!

Those wine racks were super cool. Very different!

You just look very focused in one and then like I interrupted you and got the "are you crazy?" look. sorry, it kind of cracks me up, just a funny expression. I don't think they are bad (and I still love that top you wore that night!)

More like - What the fudge? But exactly the picture I thought it was. Glad I braced myself for the "look". :rotfl: I have no idea what I was thinking at that time. I do remember thinking - I can't stomach another sweet drink - bring on the wine!

I think the DxDP can be a good thing , especially in that circumstance. I thought it worked out great for us and love that DVC lets you do it for just part of the stay. If I was on the regular plan though and had it for the entire week, that's when I think it just wouldn't be worth the 2 credits. not to mention on the regular plan you wouldn't get the app!

I do love that you can do it for part of the stay. My debate now is whether to do it for two or three nights? I do know that I get a little sick of food (if that's possible) when I do two many TS meals in a row. Not to mention that I also get tired of spending at least three hours a day in a restaurant. Hence, I may only do it two days and spread it out over three.

At a certain point, you just leave the mugs there I guess. I dunno, one benefit to an owners locker for sure!

Yes - I might need an owner's locker just to fit all my mugs. :rotfl:

BON VOYAGE CYNTHIA!

Whew! I'm finally caught back up. I hate getting behind but life hasn't been helping much.

SO glad you are still sticking with our TR! That's awesome, because I know you barely have time to update your own!

I'm so enjoying your trip. The perfect mix on me time and friend time. Such great adventures, food and drink. I'm dying to try the Jungle trek now. Won't be on our next trip since it's so short but sometime in the future. It would be perfect for the whole family. Except maybe DH since he doesn't like heights.

It really was a great balance. No one minded doing their own thing and no one was insulted when we each did are own thing. Pool and meal time were great for getting back together and socializing again.

I highly recommend the trek if you get the chance. It's GREAT! And the bridge really isn't that high!

All the great food has really made me hungry too.

Of course beautiful pictures of everything!

Yeah - some of that food (wait - ALL of that food) is really enticing. Glad you like the pix!!!!!!

Fabulous review of Jiko, Ladies!! We too loved our meal there! One of our better signature experiences!

Gotta say, I do LOVE that picture of the serious Mary Ellen! :lmao: What woudl a good TR be without a few hilarious shots like that?!

Fabulous review of Jiko, Ladies!! We too loved our meal there! One of our better signature experiences!

It was a great signature experience. We all loved it! Glad to hear you had a similar experience. we loved it!

Gotta say, I do LOVE that picture of the serious Mary Ellen! :lmao: What woudl a good TR be without a few hilarious shots like that?!

I am thrilled to be taking one for the team. :rotfl2: Thank you Cynthia for that prestigious honor!

Speaking of team - I would love to see Melissa, Tracy, and Jen come back on for a few comments (hint hint :rolleyes1)

Wowsa folks! I felt that earthquake here on the East Coast. I felt like I was on an amusement park ride. I felt the building sort of rise up and my chair moved to the right. Crazy.

My cell phone won't send out text messages and I can't post on FB with my phone. I can't even call out cause all circuits are busy. Crazy Stuff!

Wowsa folks! I felt that earthquake here on the East Coast. I felt like I was on an amusement park ride. I felt the building sort of rise up and my chair moved to the right. Crazy.

My cell phone won't send out text messages and I can't post on FB with my phone. I can't even call out cause all circuits are busy. Crazy Stuff!

I felt it too, while I was writing my TR- I thought I was hallucinating!! All the chandeliers were shaking- so WEIRD!!! Kara could feel it down in SC, too- it was 5.9 in Mineral VA. Colorado's yesterday was 5.1.

That was crazy wasn't it. I was changing DD's diaper on the floor and saw the walls shaking. DS was like "why is the whole house shaking?" I think I was in denial at first the we could possibly be having an earthquake on the East coast. Now the neighbors and I are thinking about having an earthquake party w/ shake and bake chicken, milkshakes and Martinis...shaken, not stired. :lmao:

Seriously tho, I hope everyone is safe and the after shocks are minimal.

Oh no Mary Ellen - hope you are safe :hug: Earthquakes are horrible to get caught up in - we had one when I was at University and obviously I had to be on the top floor of the building! :eek: It was crazy and you are right in it being like an amusement park ride.

Hope everything calms down soon my friend.

Wow what a unusual occurrence! I just never think of the east coast getting earthquakes. And on top of that now a hurricane is heading to the east coast. I hope everyone stays safe.

I felt it too, while I was writing my TR- I thought I was hallucinating!! All the chandeliers were shaking- so WEIRD!!! Kara could feel it down in SC, too- it was 5.9 in Mineral VA. Colorado's yesterday was 5.1.

I thought I was having vertigo until the secretary in the office said, "what was that?" Then someone came out of another office and said, "Was that an Earth quake?" Wowsa! Good stuff! Then I called Nick who said, "I think we just had an earthquake". Brian was driving at the time and he didn't feel a thing. :confused3

Where is Mineral VA? I'll have to look that up on a map. I'm thinking its in the mountains - just a guess!

That was crazy wasn't it. I was changing DD's diaper on the floor and saw the walls shaking. DS was like "why is the whole house shaking?" I think I was in denial at first the we could possibly be having an earthquake on the East coast. Now the neighbors and I are thinking about having an earthquake party w/ shake and bake chicken, milkshakes and Martinis...shaken, not stired. :lmao:

Seriously tho, I hope everyone is safe and the after shocks are minimal.

I think because I was in the hospital I didn't experience the whole wall shaking thing, but a lot of other people said they did.

I love the whole idea of an earthquake party! ;) Any excuse for a martini, especially shaken! :laughing:

Yes - I am very glad everyone is safe. But it makes you think, doesn't it?

Oh no Mary Ellen - hope you are safe :hug: Earthquakes are horrible to get caught up in - we had one when I was at University and obviously I had to be on the top floor of the building! :eek: It was crazy and you are right in it being like an amusement park ride.

Hope everything calms down soon my friend.

Thanks for the good wishes. I do remember experiencing a brief earthquake when I was much, much younger. It certainly is a rare occurrence in this neck of the woods. I think it caught everyone off guard and it certainly made me realize how dependent I am on my cell phone technology.

Wow what a unusual occurrence! I just never think of the east coast getting earthquakes. And on top of that now a hurricane is heading to the east coast. I hope everyone stays safe.

I know! Crazy!!!!!
I am seriously worried about the Hurricane because we are supposed to go to Williamsburg the weekend. I can't cancel and it's not looking good. :sad2: Oh Well! At least I'm not missing Disney!

Mary Ellen - First - I was really behind! I might have missed something, but I still LOVE this TR!

I looked at that same 100 pt AKL contract too! Just didn't have the budget! I think we will add to our tiny AKL contract in the next couple years.

great review of Jiko! I really want to try it someday. Maybe without the kids... Your meals looked delish!!

Earthquake - I had a friend from Philadelphia telling me she felt it too. My SIL lives in southern VA and they had it. They are about 2 hours from the epicenter. Now they get to wait for the hurricane to hit them!!

I hope you're okay in Williamsburg this weekend Mary Ellen!! I love that area. That's near my SIL and we always go exploring - Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown...Lots of cool stuff to see and do there. What are you going for?

I felt it too!! My chair was rocking back and forth...it was so weird! It's definitely crazy how far away from Virginia that was felt!

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!

If you saw my FB post you know that we got Brian all the way to Salisbury University (which is on the Eastern shore of Maryland 30 mins from Ocean city Maryland), only to find out that all orientation for this weekend has been canceled. Classes will start Wednesday (at the earliest) and the soonest Brian reports back is Monday.

The good news is we got the whole dorm room set up. I wish I had taken a picture, but we just got it done before his roommate arrived. The only thing he stills needs is a rug and a small table for the TV. Oh, and I am going to buy him a floor light, to put near the head of his bed, and a few extension cords.

His roommate seems very nice. I think he may be an only child. I could be wrong, but I just got this sense.

Brian picked up most of his books. There were a few I couldn't order until yesterday, so he still needs those. We went out to lunch and then came home. I am whooped.

As far as Williamsburg - at this point I don't see how we can go at all. Brian can probably get a ride back to school with a friend on Monday, but we are dead in the path of this hurricane. We are afraid to leave the house ( and leave Brian alone in it). I may have to take a total loss, but I am pleading with the owner to let me completely change the weekend.

So - I want to do an update AND I want to do replies, but I just feel really beat and really unfocused right now. Bear with me. I was up early the last two days to get everything packed and organized. I am officially whooped!

Mary Ellen - First - I was really behind! I might have missed something, but I still LOVE this TR!

Hey Sheree - So glad you are still hanging in there!!!!!!! I have been pretty good about updating my links, so I hope that helps! :goodvibes

I looked at that same 100 pt AKL contract too! Just didn't have the budget! I think we will add to our tiny AKL contract in the next couple years.

I hear ya on the $$$$$$! I wanted to do a cruise next summer, but didn't because we bought the new contract! Oh well - you gotta make choices - Right? :rotfl: I know that Denny and I will eventually do a couple's cruise and we will probably do a 4 days cruise on points one of these days.

M
great review of Jiko! I really want to try it someday. Maybe without the kids... Your meals looked delish!!

Thank You! You really should try it! It's wonderful! We loved it! Date night - you need one, right?

Earthquake - I had a friend from Philadelphia telling me she felt it too. My SIL lives in southern VA and they had it. They are about 2 hours from the epicenter. Now they get to wait for the hurricane to hit them!!

The earthquake was crazy. But the hurricane is what's really concerning me! We East Coast people are usually so isolated from this kind of stuff, but not this time! :scared1:

I hope you're okay in Williamsburg this weekend Mary Ellen!! I love that area. That's near my SIL and we always go exploring - Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown...Lots of cool stuff to see and do there. What are you going for?

I think we are going to have to scrap the trip and we may lose all the money. We are really more concerned about our house here in Delaware because we are very close to the Delaware Bay and we are right in the line of the storm. If we didn't have to worry about our house I think we would head to Richmond tomorrow and then move in to Williamsburg. But we really can't leave the house and we don't want to leave Brian now that school has been delayed.

I felt it too!! My chair was rocking back and forth...it was so weird! It's definitely crazy how far away from Virginia that was felt!

Really crazy! That was a strange experience, but I am honestly more worried about the hurricane, as I'm sure you are too because NYC is right in the path of the storm!

I was terribly behind, but I'm finally caught up! I'm so glad you loved Jiko Mary Ellen!

Hey Girl- Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you are caught up and Jiko was seriously wonderful!!!! You must try it!

You know - everytime I read your TR I am doing it without the pictures. It drives me crazy. I will definitely get caught up in unison!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter