how do you "start" your disney album?

cherio

Mouseketeer
We are taking our first family trip to WDW in Nov. I am planning on dedicating an album to this trip. I already have 23 rolls of film purchased for our 7 day trip. My question is I don't know how to "start" the album. I am going to make a countdown chain for our kids(ages 5,3) to help them as to "how many days now?". Wanted to put the last links in the book. But I don't know what to do to get me to that point in the book.

Thought about doing a title page for the first page. Then my next couple of pages dedicate to the planning stage of the trip, talk about the wonderful board I found that helped me out greatly in planning this trip!, etc. I am not sure on how to lay this out though. Just make it a journaled page, add stickers, etc ?????

Any thoughts or examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheri

I am taking a two week vacation in March so needless to say, I am dedicating a whole album also. I bought a black one from Creative Memories to use. I love their calendar pages. You can write down what you do each day.

I've started the page layouts on some and here are my ideas:

* First Page - title page (Making Magical Memories, Our First Magical Trip, etc. - haven't decided the name yet)
* Page on our countdown chain that I made for my daughter
* Getting ready to go page (packing at home)
* And we're off (pictures of packing car, leaving)
* Cast of Characters (people who are going with us - it's a family trip and there is a total of 12)
* Stops along the way
* Our arrival
* Itinerary Page
* Pages for each day there (MK, AK, Epcot, MGM, Downtown Disney, Days by the pool, beach, etc)

This is just a rough draft for me. I am still preparing. I hope this helps.

Deb Wills has a great Disney scrapbook idea page I have only one prep page in my album. It was of the night before. I used Second star to the right and on until morning from Peter Pan as my title. Disney sent me a really great vintage looking photo advertisement I used on my cover page. I used the inside flap and the first page. The advertisement had Tinkerbell on it and I did a takeoff on pixie dust and wrote something about pixie dust sprinkled about the book to bring back wonderful memories.

For our first trip we surprised the kids and didn't tell them until about 3 weeks before we left. I had filled fanny packs with Disney related candies, disposable camera, etc. I took pictures as they tried to guess and then a couple of pics after they knew and were absolutely BEAMING! It made for a great "We're going to Disney World!" 2 page spread.
If you've already told them you could have pictures of the countdown chain, you at the computer "researching", packing...

Thanks for all the suggestions. They are all so cool. They have given me some great ideas. I do appreciate them.

I just started my first scrapbooking project, our trip to Disney Jan. 2002, I have to finish before our trip in Jan. 2003 :earseek:

My first page I bought a pkg. from Creative Memories, it had a big red Disney logo, white gloves, stickers and Mickey ears. It was perfect for the first page.

I did a collage effect for my title page -it was scraplifted from one of the idea books.

I've posted it before, but you can see it here

if you are interested.

Bev

Great ideas everyone-thanks for sharing.

Bev- What did you use as a template to cut the squares on your title page? I have been comtemplating doing something similar but not sure how I would get them all exactly the same! I have a stencil with squares,craft knife,scissors and fiskars paper trimmer, I suppose using the stencil would be my best bet?

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Grover, I'm not sure what Bev used, but I have used my CM square cutters to do this on several occassions. I have the mini and regular one, which gives you a total of 4 different sized squares.

BTW Bev, I love that idea!

I just used my paper trimmer. I made then 2 inches square and used the line on the trimmer to get them even - they weren't all the same though, so I cheated, I put them all on card, then trimmed the whole lot so it was straight at the top and bottom.

if I had a square punch it would have been a lot easier!

I cut a square out of a piece of cardstock first, and held it over the photo's to decide which one's to use. Then marked them with a blue photo pencil

Bev

This is my first time on this forum. I am in the process of doing my 3rd Disney trip book. My last 2 books have been CMs, which of course I love. My 2000 trip book I only had my dd and my first page I cut a circle of dd with Minnie and then cut 2 smaller circles of the Epcot ball with the 2000 wand and made a mickey head. The current book that I am working on is from my last trip in June 02 and we now have a ds. My first page I have the diecut of the mickey head that looks like a balloon and have a picture of my ds in it and another one that I added minnie's bow on top and put a picture of dd in that one. It looks really cute. My 2000 book I did it by parks and this one I am doing it by day. I am not big on journalling and I admit that I am one of those people who has to scrap every picture. I hear what everyone is saying about switching from the 8.5 X 11 to the 12 X 12. I think I will do that on our next trip. I am doing a little adult's only get away in Dec to see the decorations and thought that I'd do a 7 X 7 of that. Well it is great to hear from others who have the same interest as me.....;)

carone0318 - that sounds really cool...ooohhh now I have to make a decision....everyone has shared such neat ideas. I will definately incorporate all the ideas through out the layouts.

Thanks again....Cheri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter