• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you spend your time at VWL?

amyy

<font color=royalblue> I do pat them out on a flou
Yes, we are one of those couples that actually spends time at the resort. I love the parks but enjoy down time too. At POR we love going to see Piano Bob; AKL the story telling by the fire, cultural programs with the CM, the library at Kidani; SSR we go to the movies or just enjoy the view of DTD at night etc.

What do you recommend at VWL? Planning on the electric light parade one night. Also thinking of trying the fruit & cheese plate with a drink in the lounge. We have already done the carriage ride at FW and Hoop De Doo. Maybe the tour of the lodge? Thinking of renting a boat like we have at POR. Do they have paddle boats too?

Are their comfy chairs and a nice view somewhere similar to the library at Kidani? I am familiar with he rocking chairs and other seating in the lobby for WL but wondering if there is another place

Is the laundry close to the studios or down by the pool? Hoping for an AKL set up and not like SSR.

thanks!

I love just sitting in the lobby area of the villas with a good book and relax. Your balcony will also be a nice quiet relaxing place to just chill. Don't forget you can check out DVDs at the mercantile in the lodge and watch them in your room.

I also think they do movies on the beach and maybe even a camp fire although it has been a few years since we have been there and I am not 100% certain of this.

The laundry room is left of the elevators as you are facing them. Go down that hallway and it will be a few doors down on the right.

Enjoy the villas and lodge. It is my home resort and I LOVE it there.

Thanks. I am really looking forward to our stay. I was thinking there must be chairs in a common area of the villas and glad to have that confirmed. I am happy with a book, people watching etc. We have never checked out movies at any resort but I know my husband would enjoy that while I do laundry etc. Glad for the reminder. I am hoping are room is right over the dumpsters or somethings. Once I saw a photo on here of a terrible location so that has been stuck in mind. I am sure I will be pleasantly surprised with our view and I am happy with trees. Thanks again.

At VWL, it's nice sitting in the Carolwood Railroad Room (formerly the Iron Spike room) and reading a book, especially in front of the fireplace when it is cooler outside. They also have a checkerboard table there and you can play checkers.

We love the peacefulness of the Lodge, great place to hang out after parks, or just as well to stay there for a peaceful relaxing day. As Jen said, the lobby of the villas is very relaxing, esp.over in the area with the leather chairs. Check out Walts train from his home in Calif., play checkers in this area also. Many nooks and crannies in the main lobby to people watch, read a book and be out of the hubbub. Listen to the western themed music playing faintly. Listen to the crickets chirp at night along the sidewalks as the lanterns flicker. You may see wildlife like rabbit, deer and the occasional armadillo if you look closely out your balcony. Take a walk along the path to Ft Wilderness and check out the horses at the stables, or rent and ride a bike over. Ask to be Flag Family, this is a hard to score event but can be so worth it if you do. Be sure to ask for this ASAP at Guest services after checking in. Do the Lodge tour. Take a boat ride around Bay Lake. Take the boat at night to check out the bear face on the Lodge, must be seen when lights are on. Use a little imagination on this one, but it is there;) Morning coffee on the balcony, almost heaven while listening to boat horns whisking people away to a Magical land. So many little things that make WL and VWL so special.

Thanks for more suggestions. I am really starting to look forward to our trip. I couldn't believe when we were lucky enough to get a studio just a few months out.

We are view people. Now I know a lot of people say the woods view is no view. Well I have to beg to differ. We love the privacy. We see lots of wildlife within those woods. We take it very slow while at VWL. Great boat ride around the lake. We just don't feel rushed to do anything while we stay there! Well, we do have to visit the pool bar! :)

I agree that a woods view is just fine. We love looking at wildlife.

I didn't think of the pool bar. Just reading a review of Territory Lounge and thinking we do need to check that out. Is there a bar by the DVC pool or just the main pool? Either is fine but I am just curious. thanks

I did try to search for a menu but couldn't find one. Would it be just drinks or do they have sandwiches too (like at Kidani)? thanks

I agree that a woods view is just fine. We love looking at wildlife.

I didn't think of the pool bar. Just reading a review of Territory Lounge and thinking we do need to check that out. Is there a bar by the DVC pool or just the main pool? Either is fine but I am just curious. thanks

I did try to search for a menu but couldn't find one. Would it be just drinks or do they have sandwiches too (like at Kidani)? thanks
Pool bar is by the main pool. Love getting a drink, sitting on the chairs or beach lounges gazing at the lake!!! Heaven I say!

You can also play Chinese checkers in the Carollwood RR room. I brought my Christmas cards to write one December when we visited! There's a small path, you go up near the rocks, and you are on an overlook of the pool. You're so close, but it's so beautiful at night.

I love the Springs pool with the tiny bubbles, it's my favorite villa pool and the ambiance is terrific!

We rent bikes & ride over to FW. We often see deer along the way.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Take a walk over to FW through the wood, or take the boat, and visit the Horse Museum. You can also take the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure (Segway tour through the trails) at FW.

I love sitting at a table by Bay Lake with my book and a snack, reading and watching the boats go by, or rocking on the porch at the Villas, reading & people watching. Nighttime, on the beach, watching the Electrical Water Pageant, walking to Fort Wilderness along the path to visit the horses, chilling in the hot tub (is that an oxymoron? LOL) in it's nice little secluded area, hanging at the quiet pool, taking a boat ride to nowhere between the dock at Wilderness, Fort Wilderness, the MK, and the Contemporary. Sometimes I get off and explore, sometimes I don't. Coffee and a book on the balcony. Checkers or just lounging in the Railroad Room. To me, Wilderness is the most peaceful place on Disney property! Have fun!

..., chilling in the hot tub (is that an oxymoron? LOL) in it's nice little secluded area, ...

The times I've been there, we were chillin' in the hot tub. It always seems to be broken when we stay there. Hope it will be working in January.

We love the woods view. I always ask to be on the lake side. There have been numerous times I have been sitting out on the balcony around dusk - reading or just relaxing when I catch some movement in the woods. Each time it has turned out to be families of deer walking around. Loved sitting there watching them. That is not something I can do in my backyard at home - unless I stick antlers on my dogs.

Thanks for more suggestions. Can't wait.

Territory Lounge, one of my favorites at WDW.

The walk to Fort Wilderness is lovely (but unlit, so go in the daytime).

Sitting around back of the Trout Pass, watching the "spring" and the lake beyond. This happens to be a designated smoking section IIRC but it is rarely busy, so fine even for non-smokers.

We love the woods view. I always ask to be on the lake side. There have been numerous times I have been sitting out on the balcony around dusk - reading or just relaxing when I catch some movement in the woods. Each time it has turned out to be families of deer walking around. Loved sitting there watching them. That is not something I can do in my backyard at home - unless I stick antlers on my dogs.

When I read the end of your post about antlers on the dogs, the first thing that came into my mind was the dog in the animated tv movie, How the Grinch stole Christmas. Too funny. Thanks for that visual!

When I read the end of your post about antlers on the dogs, the first thing that came into my mind was the dog in the animated tv movie, How the Grinch stole Christmas. Too funny. Thanks for that visual!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter