How do you save to go to WDW?

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
What do you do special to help pay for your WDW habit? We have a single wide trailer that we refurnished and rent out. It was my father in laws and after two years of sitting there, I suggested we gut the entire trailer, redo most everything and then rent it fully furnished, silverware, cups, pan, everything. So we get $500 each month to help pay for WDW habits.

What do you do?

I have been saving money since last October for our August trip. I'm a broke college student and so is the person going with me! But we managed to do it!

My half came from my websites. I'm self employed and make atleast $700 a month on my websites, and ofcourse I work part time too..
All year I have been eating out less, buying less clothes.. Just spending less money in general..
If there is a will there is a way! :thumbsup2

A few things that I do:
Work overtime at my job if needed!
Sell extra things laying around that have nver been opened or played with
Sell Disney Items on Ebay
Help friends / peopel with sbuiness related/computer things for small fees....

We have been saving since December for our upcoming October trip. We find the easiest way for us to save is to get cash back on our weekly trips to the grocery store. That way it becomes part of our budget. We had enough money to pay for the plane tickets and room ressies when they came up. Now we only have $100 left to save for the rest of the trip.

Well, after going on 4 trips a year for the past 16 years, and selling things on ebay, yardsales, working overtime, working two jobs, I finally decided to buy into the DVC. This way they debit my checking account every month and I don't have to worry about it. I never thought I could afford it, or that I would be approved for financing, but I can and I was...

I am the worst saver in the world. I bought into DVC so I wouldn't have to worry about saving to get a hotel room. But for food and stuff in the parks, what I do is buy disney dollars. I try to buy $20 or $50 every time I get paid so that when it is time to go, I just put in for the vacation, and take Disney dollars with me for food or goodies!

I put some $ aside each week directly from my check - so I don't see it first! And I save all my healthcare receipts and put in for the reimbursement about a month before the trip. It's kinda like "found" $ that way. I also put in a jar every $5.00 bill I have left over from shopping! That way saves a bunch!

I figure out how much I'll need. Then I figure out how long before I'll need it. Then I save that percentage of my pay until it's payed for. Works for me.

We stay at a value resort, eat breakfast in the room and drive to the resort. We go for two weeks a year so we buy Annual passes and use them for two years. We buy the Disney Dining Experience Card so we save 20% on meals. We keep a change jar that we fill throughout the year. We have an envelope that we put extra money we get into so we have "snack" and extra's money. We also put money into our savings every payday so when we go we have the money.

Put all loose change and $1's into a jar throughout the year.
Take about $500 out of my tax return.
Have a yardsale.
Take $50 out of each paycheck.
Save any birthday or Christmas money.

I work overtime 2 or 3 times a month, figure out how much that is worth and put it in a separate account, any extra money we have from selling things we don't use anymore goes into that account as well. After that we stretch every dolar as far as we can planning our trip.

Third for tax refund. :) That pays for the hotel, park, meals, and flight, and then we save up change and small bills in milk jugs for spending money, tips, tours, and other extras.

We save some $ from our tax return, we move any overtime $ to savings, we throw all change and $1 bills into a piggy bank and when I subtract entries from the check register I always round up to the next dollar amt and when adding deposits I round down; for example, if I went to Walmart and the amount I used on my debit card was $8.34, I would subtract it as $9.00.

I work one extra thirteen day tour every year to pay for the trip to Disney: 13 days of work, added with the kindness of strangers (ie gratuities), will be enough to pay for food, lodgings and tickets. I can usually get enough milage points in a year for a free flight.

:cool1: :thumbsup2

i wait tables at tgifridays 3 nights a week, i have a day job, so all the tips and actual paychecks go for disney, can usually bring in at least $100 a night if not more (can't count on it-waiting tables is a crapshoot)-but thats a lot of cabbage weekly that is extra, so we just joined dvc, now it has somewhere to go!!!

My dh and I both teach. We get our regular paychecks in the summer, so we both get part-time summer jobs and use that money for our vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter