how do you rent the water tricycle thingees on Castaway Cay

1153rsmith

DIS Veteran
We saw those water tricycle things on our last cruise and thought they might be fun, but I can't see where you can rent one in the port adventures section of the DCL website. Does anyone know how you rent them and how much they cost?:confused3

From DCL's website:

Gil's Fins and Boats
Rent snorkel gear for all family members, along with kayaks, paddleboats, aqua trikes and other water equipment for your day as a marine adventurer.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/bahamas/ports/castaway-cay/

Aqua Fin $15, Sea Kayak (1-Seater $8, 2-Seater $10), Hobie Cat $18, Aqua Trike $15, Paddle Boats (2-Seater $8, 4-Seater $10), Sun Kat $20

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/castaway-cay/boat-rentals/

***These rentals cannot be pre-reserved and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at Castaway Cay's Boat Beach.

Thanks Jilljill. I couldn't find it... I guess mainly because I was not sure what they were called, and "thingee" got me nowhere. :lmao:

Thanks Jilljill. I couldn't find it... I guess mainly because I was not sure what they were called, and "thingee" got me nowhere. :lmao:

You are welcome. I looked up Castaway Cay under the Cruises & Destinations tab and then went from there on the sub tabs.

Just so you know, those water trikes are a real workout. It really wasnt fun at all with the wind blowing too. Made it even harder to pedal.

Just so you know, those water trikes are a real workout. It really wasnt fun at all with the wind blowing too. Made it even harder to pedal.

The OP might like a work out! ;)
And as for the wind, it was windy on your day, hopefully it won't be for the OP and if it is, it might be blowing in a different direction! :cheer2:

Ex Techie :)

Thanks for the advice about the wind. I don't mind a little workout.... that way, I can eat more. ;)

Just went to the DCL link about Boat rentals. I understand what all the rentals are except two.

What is the Aqua Fin and the Sun Kat? Just curious. Thanks! Only 2 more months until we double dip at CC! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter