• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Do You Rent Points?

flapjack71

Earning My Ears
Hello!! I know this might be a silly question but I keep reading about renting DVC points. How do you go about doing this? It sounds like a great money saver. I am planning to go with DH, myself, and children age 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 in Sept. 2007. Looking for the best resort option with a pool and a beach area to play at. Thank you all!!! :teeth:

There is a DVC board here on the DIS. You will find everything you need to know about renting points over there.

Welcome to the DIS!

Renting points, especially Sunday - Thursday, is a great way to save some money. The going rate is about $11 per point and you can stay in a studio in September for about $500 including taxes for 5 days. That's a real bargain! The end of September may be a little hard to get at an Epcot resort becuase the Food and Wine festival starts on 9/29.

Here is the board that covers rentals:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

I would recommend renting from someone who is either a frequent poster here or someone who can provide references. A lot of people join the DIS just to rent their points and only have a few posts. They may be on the up-and-up, but without a frame of reference you just don't know. Expect to pay 50-100% of the cost of the points upfront with a restricted cancelation policy. The other thing is that you will get no housekeeping services unless you pay extra for it.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. I have been on both sides of the rental equation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter