How do you recognize other DISers when at Disney?

Oh, my. You all are inspiring me! I think I'll make my DH and myself some T-shirts this weekend with lime Mickeys on them...maybe in lime rhinestones! :yay:

I have a folder on Photobucket just of DIS "stuff"!

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo319/RustManFan/Disney Stuff/DIS Heads/

DISer2.jpg

Hi ya Foundmyprince! I enjoy meeting all kinds of folks but DIS board members are my favorites. When I meet a 'civilian" I often convert them to being DIS board members. One even became a Disney agent. :rotfl:

I am the subtle kind. Here is how you can recognize me.
100_1999.jpg

Can you tell which one is me? BTW, I keep a photo file on all the DISers I meet, if I can get them to stand still for a picture.

If someone is walking around with a LGMH and other obvious signs of being a DIS board member they WANT you to come up to them.

Another thing is to decorate your room window or door and have a message board so that you do not miss any opportunity to meet a nice person.

WindowDecorationsXmas20073.jpg

Hope to see some of my old friends and meet some new ones in December!

Slightly Goofy/Linda

SlightlyGoofy.... I was so happy to see your Can of Corn!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I haven't heard tell much of the corn around these parts in quite some time

That's one way to meet some DISers :lmao:

(click on the pix to enlarge them)

LOL, Leota! Now that is how you weed out the hard core Dis folk. They smile when they see a can or corn, offer them a cup of water from IASW and they are thrilled. You find them in food courts sporting mugs that are from way back in the day when "forever' was forever. They tend to saunter as they know their way around and are sitting in secluded comfortable places rather than long lines and they just get up and walk on in when the preceding crowd is exiting. If they see a long line on an attraction they just shrug and smile, knowing that there WILL be another time.:wizard:

Oh yes, most are also sharing their knowledge with those with 'doe in the headlight' looks. We take pity on those who are not ' in the know'. A kind hearted bunch are we.:hippie:

SG

I wear my LGMH proudly on my rust-colored camelbak that I wear in the parks. I also bring a spare in case the first gets lost. I trimmed up two Disney paint chips from Home Depot, wrote my DIS name on them, and laminated them back-to-back so either side is a visible LGMH.

I am generally pretty good at chatting in the parks with strangers, but particularly if you are wearing a LGMH, I will definitely say hi. (Assuming we are within talking distance, I won't shout across FL or anything.) My feeling is, if you are wearing the LGMH, it is basically an invitation to have fellow DISers chat with you. (That means if you are in the park Dec 12 - 20th, feel free to say hi!) However, if you are just wearing Lime Green clothing, this does not count. While some DISers do this...other people just wear Lime Green.

The last two trips were the only ones where I really was on the DIS, I had just started with it the trip before. But the last two trips, I met a grand total of two DISers on each trip. Last trip, one in line for Soarin' (she got a free Soarin' FP from me) and a second on the bus to our hotel. Lines and buses are really the only places to meet them...its hard to stop someone in the parks when there moving to their next thing and you are too. Still, it's fun meeting strangers that aren't really strangers.

SkierPete

SkierPete

hey skierpete,
didnt we meet @ Flame Tree BBQ in AK thorugh lime green mickeys :goodvibes

@ Disney right now and goin to AK tomorrow!

Will poudly be displaying my LGMH whicvh I too have put my disbaoards name on and laminated! :goodvibes

pinkerbell

Now I get it!!!! Someone here said they would wear their LGMH so I could spot them & for the life of me I couldn't figure it out & thought well my kids would know it. I know, I could have just asked but I never got back to do so.
So now I'm headed off to Home Depot to pick up a few LGMH's for my daughter and I to wear while we're there.

I'll be looking for all you disser's & waving & smiling...48 more days! :banana:

Everything that has been mentioned so far is true but you folks are leaving out another large portion of the DIS family.

They are easily recognizable not by their Lime Green Shirts or LGMH's but casual observation will give them away every time. They are looking up and counting how many light bulbs are out along the edges of the buildings on Main Street, looking intently at trash containers for the ever present spill over caused by mismanagement, gum on the pavement, run away double wide strollers, non-working animatronics, recent increases in food prices coupled with smaller portions and diminished variety, the distress of the "plush" merchandise that has taken over every possible gift shop in any Disney Park, ECV abuse, out of control children, out of planet parents, rude CM's and, of course, muttering about how Walt would have done it were he still here. We still love um' like real family. ;)

ALERT: So no one gets their knickers in a knot...the above was just me poking fun at some of the more lively threads that have appeared from time to time. Carry on with your regularly scheduled thread.

Lime green button here with DIS on it and my user name.
Lime green ribbon hanging on my bag.
Met 3 DIS people at the parks this week :) :wave:

goofyernmost, true, true. But confess, things could get a bit boring around these parts if it were not for those who stir the pot from time to time :stir:and every once in awhile a truly useful comment pops up. :lmao:

I would get a severe case of diabetes just reading one more post about how Casey's has the BEST hot dog ever or that the soda tastes better in the parks etc. ANYTHING is better in the parks IMO. Atmosphere and a million of my best friends improves anything. :love: Even deludes me into paying more than the normally ordinary thing might be worth, sometimes.;)

Slightly Goofy

This is so cool! What a great question. I had read a thread months ago about a DM making lime green mickey ears. Now I understand what she was refering to! LOL

Decorating my window/door with LGMH's. Got some Lime Green poster board to make a LGMH autograph book for all the Diser's I run into to sign...& the Character's too.

I'll be checking back on the countdown before I leave to see just how many of us will be there, so don't be shy Diser's. :grouphug:

How about putting the LGMH on the ears of the Mickey/Minnie hats if you own them. I have my Minnie Santa hat so I'll be pinning it on that too.

47 more days! :banana:

I wore mine the 2 days I was in DL in July and all 7 days I was in WDW in August. I didn't see anybody else and nobody came up to me. I just thought nobody wanted to come up to me. :headache:

I did see one lady on the bus one day with a binder with everything planned out. I definitely thought that she must be on the DIS. But then I heard her talking about calling and getting dining reservations for that evening, I figured she couldn't be a DISser or else she would've known to book them months in advance.

JoMarie, if you happen to be in WDW in the third week of May next year you better be ready for the biggest DIS'er welcome and hello of your life!!! :yay:
;) If you see a woman Pooh sized with fairly short hair, a white visor and dark purple (don't anyone get their panites in a wad I know it should be lime green) baggallini (with laminated LGMH firmly attatched of course) coming at you....it's OK I'm completely harmless but FULL of DIS and vingar and LOTS of Disney love to share!!! :love: ;) <Where's the Tag Fairy, where's the Tag Fairy??!!??>
You and I can sit a spell and go over my binder if you like or just take a pic and be on our ways, but I guarantee you won't feel unDIS'ed if were in the same park and I happen to see your Lime Green on. :thumbsup2 Promise!

OMG SlighlyGoofy the corn in the window is EPIC:lmao:

It is! My husband doesn't know about the story so I may have to make him walk down Main Street with a can just to see if any DISers walk up to him on our next visit. ;)

Just yesterday we found one of my old park bags (from about 6 years ago) that still has the lime green ribbon attached, before everyone started using the LGMH.

I leave in 1 week....and I will definetly be looking to say hi to Dissers! Unfortunately I dont have anything that is lime green....and dont know that I will even have the time to make anything, and as I have alot of work to do before I leave!

Do you have a Home Depot near you?

Do you have a Home Depot near you?

actually my son works at Home Depot and he works tomorrow...then hes coming over to spend the night because we have to be at the airport extra early in the am to head to Disney.,...hmmm might work out perfect! So they have the lime green Mickeys already made???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter