• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you plan for Seaworld???

Trinity721

<font color=navy>Proud Navy wife<br><font color=de
We are going on a quick weekend trip to Seaworld, arriving Saturday morning and leaving Sunday night. We're driving from Jacksonville (2.5-3 hours). It'll be DD(3yo) and DH's first time, last time I was there was in '99. We should be getting to our hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld, around mid-morning and spending all day at Seaworld. How do you plan your day at Seaworld? What should we do first? Where should we eat?

I'm so excited!!! On Sunday we are planning to hang out at Downtown Disney, but I am already quite familiar with that area.

gee - it is almost a completely different park than it was in 1999. the killer whale is still in the same place.

SW has added alot - they now have a public meeting and eating area (you get to feed them) for the dolphins, stingrays and seals. (if different areas of course)

I like the BBQ place at SW.

You probably won't recognize the place.

The only things I remember is the Shamu show, the stingrays, I rode Atlantis and might want to do that again, and also the Arctic virtual reality ride which I will NOT be riding again (makes me dizzy). It sounds like fun! I think DD would be thrilled to see it all.

Seaworld tickets include a second day admission free ( has to be used within 7 days), so if there were things you particularily wanted to see or do again, you could go back for awhile on Sunday. We took advantage of our second day, and discovered an amazing kids' play area that my children didn't want to leave! You can always poke around DTD on Sat. evening, after SW closes, ( I think it closes at 6:00).

FayeW said:
Seaworld tickets include a second day admission free ( has to be used within 7 days), so if there were things you particularily wanted to see or do again, you could go back for awhile on Sunday. We took advantage of our second day, and discovered an amazing kids' play area that my children didn't want to leave! You can always poke around DTD on Sat. evening, after SW closes, ( I think it closes at 6:00).

I didn't know Seaworld offered this. However, we are using our complimentary tickets from SW's salute to Heroes promotion going on, and I think that only includes one day's admission. I would assume that a second day's admission would not be included.

Where is this play area in SW? It sounds like something DD would enjoy.

When we went to Seaworld in November of 2002 we did the dinning with Shamu. It was a buffet style dinner by the back pool of the Shamu show. The table are right along the pool so you get a really good view of Shamu. Then there is a mini show and question and awnser time. My daughter was 3 at the time and really enjoyed it.

Hi the play area is over behind the main stadium,just before wild artic if I remember correctly.Get a timetable when you get in as the Dolphin feeding (you get about 3 small fish) isn't constant-DD should be able to get her picture taken doing it! Arrive at Shamu's show early as you DO NOT want to be sat in the Splash Zone.......Cccccccccccold!!
Sd :sunny:

Trinity721 said:
I didn't know Seaworld offered this. However, we are using our complimentary tickets from SW's salute to Heroes promotion going on, and I think that only includes one day's admission. I would assume that a second day's admission would not be included.

Where is this play area in SW? It sounds like something DD would enjoy.
I make no real plans on what to do at Seaworld but I do look at the schedule to make sure that if there is an event going on that I want to see (such as Shamu), I make my way over to that area. The day is pretty much free-form, going from one area to another. The play area is near Shamu's theater, near the Wild Artic ride (great ride). You might be surprised whether the second day is included. When you enter the park, just go to the window and ask.

Do not miss the Clyde and Seamore show......it is SO funny. Also, make sure you get to it early because a mime comes out and he is HILARIOUS. We just got back from our trip to Disney/Sea World the end of July. We went to Sea World twice (2nd day free ticket) and went to see Clyde and Seamore four times, including one trip to the night show. Each of the shows (other than the night show) were SO funny. The animals were not cooperating and it made it even funnier. In one part, the sea lion didn't show up and the guy kept going with the skit. He finally just chuckled and said "this is much funnier with a sea lion". The sea lion did show up and the show went on. I LOVE this show......

If you don't plan on a special (and expensive) dinner in the park like Dining with Shamu or eating at the Underwater Grill, I'd eat before arriving on Saturday. The park food IMHO is rather expensive and not very good.

Grab a schedule once you arrive and plan your day around the shows. Try to arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of showtime to get a good seat. You will find the schedule will not allow you to see everything in a half day, so plan what you can and see the rest the next day.

Everything show and attraction is worth seeing, but make sure on Sunday morning you arrive at the outdoor dolphin pool before feeding time. Your daughter will have a chance to feed an interact with the dolphins. They also have feeding times at the ray pool. Kids just love this as well.

The special Shamu rocks show at the end of the day is always great and worth staying for. Other hits with kids, Pets Ahoy, Blue Horizons, Shark Encounter (make sure to stop to see the leafy seadragons), the penguin and sea lion exhibits, Clyde & Seamore Show, Clydesdale Horses, etc.

If you are into beer, remember that your child can grab a bite at the Hospitality House while you enjoy a free ice cold draft (or two).

Bring a swimsuit, aqua socks and a towel for your daughter. There is a great water park area specifically designed for young kids.

As for the Arctic Ride...they have a room that does not move for the people who get dizzy...

DH did the regular one and I did the No Motion one...cool.

Plan on the heat!!! It will be hot and you will sweat more than ever!! I think all of the water makes the Florida humidity even worse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter