• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you pass the time?

Watch the DCL video, read and post on these boards, go shopping for cruisewear, and anticipate the fun you will be having in a few months! I wish we were going back soon!

princess:

October will be here sooner than you think. We began planning our trip last July and Feb. seemed so far away. But we set sail next week.

Enjoy the up and coming spring and summer and before you know it Oct will be here. Summer will be filled with so much activity for you that before you know it you will be waiting for those all important doc's to arrive.

I shop for my Daughter for the trip. My husband would prefer me to come up with something different though! :)

What do I do?
  • Frequent the DIS boards
  • Visit cruisecritic & other boards to find out info about our ports
  • Read the passporter and travel guides for our ports
  • Start our DCL travel guide for this cruise (currently at 30 pages long)
  • Post in my cruise BLOG
  • Dream about cruising with Mickey
  • Go shopping for clothes for the everyone
  • Plan shore excursions
  • Plan spa treatments

I banged my head against the wall until I was out cold.

That was good for a few weeks. :crazy:

So we are waiting for Sept. I guess I could try these suggestions to pass the time!!! :cool1:

Plan, plan, plan...and keep busy to pass the time.

When are you going in October? Were doing the 7night Western 10/22/05. :cool1:

I read these boards everyday, and think of past cruises. Ahh Bahama mama's and Castaway!!

Pack, unpack, Pack, unpack

Plan a little. Don't obsess over it. Make sure you KNOW when your final payment is due!!! Pack, unpack, go shopping for new clothes. Pack, unpack. Do I have enought sunscreen? pack unpack. Do I really need this many clothes? Watch Titanic and the Poseidon Adventure. Unpack, consider cancelling. Watch some old episodes of "The Love Boat". Repack, make sure to make your flight and hotel ressies for the day before the cruise leaves. Unpack, pack. Watch Finding Nemo and start identifying the different types of sea critters you might encounter while snorkeling during the cruise. Find ALL of the Birth Certificates needed. Consider purchasing Pass Ports. Go ahead and get passports. When they come back it gives you something to look at rather than doing that packing and unpacking thing again. And you know the time is getting closer.

This last week is just a killer. :bored: :yo-yo: :hyper: :hyper2: :badpc: :crazy:

I swear it was easier waiting the 100+ days before this week. Come on Saturday!!!! :hourglass

Have I been on these boards too much that I have memorized the posts on the first page???

Rick

The best advice I can give is to go to the cruise meets board and find the thread for your sailing. Get to know your fellow DIS cruisers. When we booked our 10 day 18 months out I thought the time would drag but we had such a fun group that the days and months passed quickly. When it was time to cruise we were doing so with friends we hadn't met yet. There were lots of hugs in the terminal and we had a great time.

Read the boards over and over. Then go back and read them again. Do alot of planning and research and meet people over on the cruise meets so that you have someone else who can relate. It is kind of like Christmas, all that planning and shopping and it seems over before you know it!

Kathy

pppiglet said:
Read these boards 3-4 times a day!

I wish I could get myself to check only 3-4 times, I am usually here 10-12 times.

I agree with Mary. Hook up with people on your cruise and you can pass the time together!

I am trying to pace myself though. You know I don't want to find out too much information to soon!!! I have a mere 499 days to go.

What?! only 499 days to go??? I'd better get packing!!!! Oh never mind, my stuff is already packed!!!!!

It's true, I have all kinds of cruise clothes all ready to go. Just in case anyone out there would like to take me along. HINT HINT!!!!

I'm not sure how all of you with a year to go will make it through the year! I, personally, would go nuts with anticipation! We are on the 2/13 Wonder Cruise and I can't sleep, can't eat, certainly can't work... Ugh :rotfl2:

When someone comes into my office to talk with me, I have to quickly minimize my browser so they can't see me on the Boards! Some people talk about checking the Boards hourly...try minute-by-minute! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter