How do you not cry?!

I tear up everytime I hear the first two minutes of Imagination (the Fantasmic song). At the show, I tear up too.

:sad: your not alone......my family now knows to expect this ....I get really excited seeing the signs on the way into the parks.......the palm trees at the airport...... :teeth:

Yea, definitely not alone. I cry like a baby at MK opening cermonies, to name one. I told DH I try not to but :sad:

Just check out my tag. It could easlily say "I choke up everytime I see the RR station and tear up after passing through tunnel"

I am an emotional person. However, I do not cry when we get there. Not sure why. I have been known to cry while watching Price is Right because I was so happy that the person won a prize! :rotfl: BUT, that being said, I do cry when we leave. I get so depressed. All the way home on the plane, I sit there and silently cry. Because we never know when we will be back.

But cry if you need to. Many of us will not judge. We know the incredible feeling of magic you are experiencing!!!

I cry at the first glimpse of the castle, also when we have to say goodbye. But the most memorable moment this time was not watching Wishes, but watching my 2 DS and DH watch Wishes. It was such a magical moment seeing the reflection of the fireworks on their faces. It was also the last night of our trip, a long awaited trip! Priceless!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

:sunny: I don't cry, but I do feel a slight tug during many of the activities when we are there. My parents took us to WDW when we were kids a couple of times, and then I did not return until I had children - well actually I started out with my oldest at 3yo and the second one on the way. Now I've been taking all three of them since they were 5 1/2yo, 21mos., and 8mos.! :scared1: We started out going in May/June for 2 weeks, then in 2002 we added in a Thanksgiving trip each year, too. I HAD to join DVC to afford the accomodations! They are now 13, 9, and 8, and each trip is different because they are another year older. Have a great time!

I LOVE this thread!

KyCruisinSusan -- you and I must be separated at birth! I cried at Cinderellabration and Fantasmic too! Cinderellabration I was pretty composed--but Fantasmic was just so powerful that I had tears streaming down my face! Just the idea that something so grand and beautiful and moving could come from one man's idea--

My DD falls asleep everynight listening to the Disney princess song CD--it has all the most well known love songs from all the princess movies. Seems like I'm always tiptoe-ing back in her room for something right about the time that Auroro bursts into "I know you. I danced with you once upon a dream" and have to have a little sniffle.

Anyway--we are going in Dec and now I'm expecting tears at the Christmas shows. Oh well. DD has inherited my "boohoo gene" and she tears up too...so we'll have a great time together! :sad:

Woohoo! Nothing better than a Disney boohoo! ::yes::

First sight of Main St. and the Castle gets me choked up everytime. Also, the beginning of all the parades, Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic. During a dry period (no WDW trips for years!) we saw Beauty & the Beast on Broadway and I cried during the first 10 minutes! It reminded me how much I missed WDW and really motivated me to get back and now we are DVC members, go every year and have gone on 4 Disney cruises (which by the way offers many opportunities to get teary eyed!) We are so happily addicted :tongue:

:sad: now you guys are making me cry! I think I will cry when I go. Just the thought of being there and seeing my childrens reactions make me tear up. My DH will think I'm nuts. :scratchin

My all time favorite Disney song is "A Dream is a Wish the Heart Makes". It makes me teary eyed everytime I hear it.

Hi

This is indeed a very special thread. There is something really emotional about just reading it. I have two main occasions when it is very hard to hold back the waterworks. The first is when I enter the fountain area of Epcot and the tremendous music blasts out to the accompanying water fountains display, My favourite musical segment being the old Surprise in the Skies. At this point I know I am back and just stand there transfixed in my own little world, it is truly a great feeling all happy and sad at the same time. My other "special" time is the Illuminations at Epcot. I have always found the music and atmosphere stirring and tugging at the old heartstrings. This was amplified a great deal when after being diagnosed with breast cancer and having undergone surgery and chemotherapy my wonderful wife of 25 years fought this awful disease and we managed to go back to our favourite place. We stood on the balcony of the Japanese restaurant and watched the show. By the time the finale had come and "We go on" played we just hugged and ended up in tears, it seemed so appropriate and meaningful. Well that still gets me every time even when I llisten to the CD. Life can always surprise you, and a bit of Disney Magic can chase away your darkest days and fill them with an unexpected joy.

Pete

Hi

This is indeed a very special thread. There is something really emotional about just reading it. I have two main occasions when it is very hard to hold back the waterworks. The first is when I enter the fountain area of Epcot and the tremendous music blasts out to the accompanying water fountains display, My favourite musical segment being the old Surprise in the Skies. At this point I know I am back and just stand there transfixed in my own little world, it is truly a great feeling all happy and sad at the same time. My other "special" time is the Illuminations at Epcot. I have always found the music and atmosphere stirring and tugging at the old heartstrings. This was amplified a great deal when after being diagnosed with breast cancer and having undergone surgery and chemotherapy my wonderful wife of 25 years fought this awful disease and we managed to go back to our favourite place. We stood on the balcony of the Japanese restaurant and watched the show. By the time the finale had come and "We go on" played we just hugged and ended up in tears, it seemed so appropriate and meaningful. Well that still gets me every time even when I llisten to the CD. Life can always surprise you, and a bit of Disney Magic can chase away your darkest days and fill them with an unexpected joy.

Pete

I cry when I step off the plane in anticipation of seeing the Disney bus. I cry when we get to the resort and see all the signs and smell the air (NOTHING smells like Disney air EXCEPT Disney air!!). I cry when I get my first glimpse of the Castle--it doesn't matter that I've seen it 20 times--it's THE CASTLE!! I cry when I see Mickey for the first time each trip. I cry watching my son interact with characters, go on a favorite ride, share a memory from a previous trip, or eat a Mickey Bar!!! :mickeybar I cry at ALL the parades and at Wishes, Illuninations, and Fantasmic. I think I even cried at Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade once. I just keep tissues with me. After about the 4th day, I'm not prone to random fits of tears until we're getting ready to leave. Even though we plan to come back, you never know what will change in your life between trips and I'm just always SO thankful for the opportunities we've had to make wonderful memories there.

Now, once I get home and develop my film, I'm bawling all over again. I'm surprised I'm not dehydrated!!!

PIGGERANDTIGLET said:
Life can always surprise you, and a bit of Disney Magic can chase away your darkest days and fill them with an unexpected joy.

Pete

Welcome to the DIS~! This is probably what I meant to say, but you said it better!!

I'm a total weeper, especially when it comes to all things Disney!

Like many of you said, Wishes, seeing the castle, especially Walt's voice gets me going!!!! No matter when I hear that quote I well up immediately.

My biggest, kind of different one, is the wooden soldiers during the MVMCP parade. When I was a little kid every Christmas I watched the parade, and swore someday I'd see the wooden soldiers for myself. Well, when I saw them in 2004 coming down Main Street, I completely lost it! Normally I quietly cry, but this was a full-on weeping event! Same thing happened in 2005. Both times I hugged DH (after they had gone by of course!!!) and thanked him for helping make my dreams come true.

Going to get a tissue...BRB!!! :rolleyes:

My daughter and I always cry on our last day at the MK as we walk out. :sad: My teenage son even waits as long as possible to close the door of our room, ending the vacation. There's nothing like a Disney vacation for our family. :earsboy: :grouphug: Just a few more days until we're there again! :jumping1:

SuperGurl said:
:sad: now you guys are making me cry! I think I will cry when I go. Just the thought of being there and seeing my childrens reactions make me tear up. My DH will think I'm nuts. :scratchin

My all time favorite Disney song is "A Dream is a Wish the Heart Makes". It makes me teary eyed everytime I hear it.

Supergurl,
That is my favorite Disney song too! I have a tiny Cinderella music box that you have to crank and it plays that song. It sits on my kitchen windowsill and I crank it every time I need a disney fix :earsgirl: I also sing it to my teenagers when I wake them up on the first morning of our trip (they secretly love when I do that :rotfl2:

I can get choked up at the commercials when Walt Disney says the "Welcome to this happy place" line.

I get teary when I step onto Main Street & see the castle.

I get teary during Wishes. I'm sitting here getting all teary again remembering last year. Last May was our 1st trip w/ our children. And, during Wishes, I stopped looking at the fireworks & started watching the faces of our 5 year old DD, 3 year old DS, & my DH. Nothing, absolutely nothing, could compare to the reflections of the fireworks in their eyes as Jiminy Cricket sang, "When You Wish Upon A Star".

On our last night last year, we had planned to watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly after eating at Ohana, but we decided to go back to the beach at FW (we were staying in a cabin). So, DH drove the kids back while I hopped on the monorail to the MK so I could buy Mickey t-shirts for our breakfast at Chef Mickey's the next morning. Anyway, the minute I stepped into MK that night & saw all the families lining the streets for Wishes, I started crying. The Mickey balloons waving in the air, the music, the lights on the castle, all the families... All I could think was my family was at FW, & I was there on Main Street w/o them. I could barely see to buy the t-shirts. I quickly hopped on the bus to take me to FW. I was crying so much, I wore my sunglasses. And the older man I sat next to probably thought something was seriously wrong w/ me. Anyway, by the time I got back to the beach at FW, the fireworks were over, and DH & the kids were waiting for me on the beach. I took one step, fell into my DH's arm, & started sobbing. He thought something tragic had happened to me! LOL! Anyway, suffice it to say, this year, we'll be spending our last night TOGETHER watching Wishes.

Oh, and on our last morning, we left Chef Mickey's, rode the boat back to FW, and the kids started walking ahead of us on the dock. They were both wearing red Disney t-shirts, wearing their Mickey ears, & clutching their stuffed Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse in one hand & holding each other's hand w/ the other as they walked down the dock. And I got all choked up again....

There's just something about Disney World...

I cry all the time when i'm at WDW. And since my DD (3) is totally into Disney, we're always watching disney video's (SING A LONG at Disney land had become a household favorite) I'm crying all the time at home too!!
Wishes makes me look like a psych ward patient..lol. DH puts the wishes CD in just to see if it will make me cry...lol. DH and DD did a psudo SPECTROMAGIC parade with the stroller and glow sticks once...lol. Yes, we're a crazy DISNEY family. The family that goes to Disney, STAYS TOGETHER!

I am a crier too, like many of you here. But I just get a little teary here and there entering MK. I blubber like a baby when we leave the hotel to go home, trying hard not to. My eldest DK6 who was 4 on our last trip, will say not that infrequently, "Mom, remeber when you cried when we left Mickey Mouse?" He tells people once in a while "My mom cried when we left Disney" and they kind of give me a look like "what's with you, sister?"! Many just don't get it, oh well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter