• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you like your new iPhone 5? Galaxy S III??

Here is a nice comparison. The SD card slot and the changeable battery are the nobrainers for me and getting the Galaxy.

iphone-5-v-samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg

Thank you for the comparison chart. :) What is nice about the android is that you can buy an extra battery for back up and you can buy the SD chip if you need more storage room.

That's great, Telly! Good to hear. And best wishes with your school and nursing program. I think you would make a great nurse. All is well here, Marie, kids and grandkids, thanks.

As for the question above, the GS III will let you talk and surf at the same time and you can take stills while taking video also.

I'm glad everyone are doing well. I've been really busy with school along with the kids. Slowly but surely I'll get there as long as I keep my grades up. Thank you. :) I didn't know that you can talk on the phone while you surf the web. That's good to know. Thank you.

Pro with iPhone: you can talk on the phone with someone while googling?

This is a carrier issue, not the phone. Verizon/Sprint phones will not let u multitask when ur talking on the phone... ATT and TMobile(i think) can.

Having a lot of songs in iTunes doesn't mean having to start over. Putting music on an android is as simple as copying files (as though to a USB drive).

Did you do it with your phones? From what I have been reading, it is not so simple.

Then again I have not tried because I have not upgraded my phone yet.

What about putting the songs on Google Play? Anyone reading here using Google Play like Itunes? How does it compare at the moment?

The Mystery Machine said:
We are just finally jumping on the smartphone wagon. It is time for us.

So I went and got my dad's old iPhone which is a 3G which is basically trash because you can't even upgrade the operating system. So of course I have to upgrade now.

My sister and my dd got a Sam3 and wow is that cool. They refuse to do Apple due to the "big brother" controls on there. In other words Apple restricts stuff they like to download.

I do have to say that the SAM 3 is cool as hell. Much cooler than the iPhone. Which is why there is a lawsuit I would imagine.:rotfl:

I would only upgrade to a 4G LTE, no matter which way I go.

Problem with me is that I have a huge Itunes library and so I would have to start over there. GAK.

Samsung is an "android" which uses "Google Play". I suggest you go and check that out first.

I know you can rip songs from ITUNES with something called "double twist" and I am sure there are others. I have not done that so cannot really comment on it.

im jealous! I only have the Samsung G2 but i think its cool as hell. i can only imagine what yours can do! I love my samsung android! best phone ever.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

im jealous! I only have the Samsung G2 but i think its cool as hell. i can only imagine what yours can do! I love my samsung android! best phone ever.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

*I* have not upgraded yet.

We got my dd a SAM 3 for her 16th b-day. I only have the lowly iPhone 3G, which sucks after looking at the Samsung 3.

I am like the OP. I don't know if I want to go iPhone 5 or Samsung 3.:laughing:

Did you do it with your phones? From what I have been reading, it is not so simple.

Then again I have not tried because I have not upgraded my phone yet.

What about putting the songs on Google Play? Anyone reading here using Google Play like Itunes? How does it compare at the moment?

I copied songs on my fiances android with no trouble.

I copied songs on my fiances android with no trouble.

Did you put it into Google Play? That is what I am looking to do.

Ok, I went and signed in to check it out. It says you can do it. However my ITUNES account is on another computer. Hmmmm....

Did you put it into Google Play? That is what I am looking to do.

Ok, I went and signed in to check it out. It says you can do it. However my ITUNES account is on another computer. Hmmmm....

Just copied the files over like a USB drive... play music picked them up automatically after that.

Just copied the files over like a USB drive... play music picked them up automatically after that.

Huh? Sorry you are going to have to have complete sentences for me.:lmao:

So I have an ITUNES account on my desktop & an iPhone 3. I might upgrade to the Samsung 3 instead of going iPhone 5. Not sure yet.

How do I move my Itunes songs onto Google Play on my laptop. I would like to check it out. Burn a few CDs to see how it works.

Got that?;)

:crazy2: I just learned that you have to pay $100 for protection for iPhone for one year!! I pay $7 protection for my Android. It's not Sprint who is charging, it's the Apple company.

So what happens when something goes wrong with the iPhone, do you have to go to the Apple store? $100!! I still can't get over that. :sad: That's a lot of money! Is the iPhone 4s or 5 still worth it?

Ooooppsss!!! Sorry... It's $100 for two years.

Never mind.... Duh! $84 for year protection with Android through Sprint... $168 for two years. iPhone protection with Apple is $100 for two years. Saving of $68. Hmmmm... The only thing is that you have to pay up front of $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter