How do you keep your mind off of a future disney cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Ashleyfaz, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Ashleyfaz

Ashleyfaz Mouseketeer

We are not booked until November 2014. I really want to book another in between, but cannot due to budget. What do you do in the meantime to keep your mind off your future disney cruise vacation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NurseDave

NurseDave Mouseketeer

Well you're not going to keep your mind off it being on the boards ;)

4. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I am always looking for a way even though I know I can't right now!!!!

MJ

5. PrettyPrincessJen

PrettyPrincessJen AKA "MomBomb"

I had three years between cruises and I kept busy by making monthly lists of things I wanted to get done for the cruise or before the cruise happened or things I wanted to learn about our destination/ship. For every 100 days that passed we had a small celebration. Although this was not a distraction it helped me pass the time, budget, and not go crazy. We are only 59 days out and I feel well prepared and extra excited. I hope this helps : )

6. DCW

DCW Mouseketeer

you don't.....
    look at previous cruise pics and video.
    research your ports, you have time to plan your own excersions.
    Make lots of door magnets

7. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I don't....I obsess. :thumbsup2

8. bbn1122

bbn1122 DIS Veteran

So agree....I've only been on 3 and the 4th is probably not till 2015.... So I just obsess like everyone else on these boards....

A trip to WDW this June will help.....but dreaming of the Fantasy....pixiedust:

9. martinm

martinm Grumpy Old Man

I keep my mind off my upcoming cruise by going to the Carnival board to see how mad people are at Carnival.

10. AngelDisney

AngelDisney Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

Thinking about my Disney trips is the way for me to relax and de-stress. My Disney vacations help me survive the school year (as a high school math teacher). However, next year I won't have a Disney vacation because DD wants to do a volunteer trip.

Have fun planning!

11. oliverdj

oliverdj Mouseketeer

OMG! My husband says I've gone crazy now that I've found the DISboard & FB cruise groups! Cruise on the brain 24/7. I just get so happy thinking about planning for our upcoming cruise & how it's our 'escape' from our daily routine, call me crazy but I love it!

Hello my name is damaris & I'm addicted to cruising (& it's all Disney's fault) lol

12. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

I LOVE the idea of a celebration ever 100 days. That's a really great idea. I'm going to do that with my family. We've been sad that our next cruise is so far away.

13. phoenixleigh

phoenixleigh Mouseketeer

14. luvslikepi

luvslikepi DIS Veteran

LOL...I don't unfortunately..at least most of the time. I obsess over it horribly. I do find that an occasional glass of wine and video-gaming help sometimes. If I can get wrapped up in school work that occasionally helps as does playing with my little one.

15. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

Well maybe not quite obsessed :scared1:. We have 3 cruises scheduled
    , NYE 2013, 2014 & May 2014, but still check the boards daily when possible. Right now, I'm trying to talk my DW into booking a cruise for October. :rolleyes1

16. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Well... I'm here reading your post instead of doing all the work I have to turn in before I cruise... so I have no idea! :rotfl:

17. Ashleyfaz

Ashleyfaz Mouseketeer

This is me! I am a HS math teacher. I was stressed until we went to WDW in november and ever since have been doing great! Especially after getting off the disney magic yesterday:)

All I think about is my next disney break and I'm fine, but our next one isn't for a long time and I'm already thinking - how can I get on the disney ship quicker :)

18. eboothecat

eboothecat Earning My Ears

Well I cant help I have been watching YouTube Disney cruise videos every night since we were 160 days out now we have 30 :cool1:

19. TinkBell10

TinkBell10 DIS Veteran

I don't think it's possible to keep your mind off of it....
    I enjoy living vicariously through others. Reading trip reports is a great past-time for me. It's fun to see how other families travel and similarities/differences I have with them.