How do you keep you scrapbook pages together?

SandraVB79

<font color=deeppink> I am a Jungle Cruise skipper
OK, here is THE stupid question of the century:

How do you keep the different scrapbookpages together? Do you need a special album or??? In case of the album: how many pages can it hold? What do you do if you have more pictures??

Yes, over here, scrapbooking is not really something people do, but I am SO jealous about the things I saw on the twopeasinabucket site!!! I am not the most handy and/ or creative person in the world, but I would like to try to make a special Disney album. And in case it doesn't work out, i'll have my pictures printed a second time :rolleyes:

I am really new to all this...
I really should buy that book that one of our DISers is going to publish, especially since I'll appear in it!! I knew it was agood thing to say hi when I saw the lime green Mickey-head! :banana:

No question is stupid if you don't know the answer...I have used 3 ring binders in the past (bought at Wal Mart, Office Max, etc.) and 8 1/2 x 11" plastic sleeves (holds two pages) to put my scrapbook pages in. To me, this is the most economical way to go.

However, I tried a 12 x 12" album a few years ago and fell in love with the amount of room you have to scrap with vs. 8 1/2 x 11". Most of the albums you buy in this size are of a "post bound" type - where you have a screw type post to hold the book together and the amount of pages is pretty much limitless (but if you get too many pages in one book it becomes hard to manage, both in weight and dimensions). There are sleeves to buy for this size as well.

Sizewise, it's pretty much up to you. I think the industry has moved to the 12 x 12 size, with a few selections in the smaller sizes. I typically make an album a vacation, as well as a "yearbook" for pictures taken throughout the year (birthdays, holidays, pets, etc.).

Hope this helps - I find that most on the boards are very helpful and willing to share advice. Everyone was a newbie at one time...

SandraVB79 said:
OK, here is THE stupid question of the century:

How do you keep the different scrapbookpages together? Do you need a special album or??? In case of the album: how many pages can it hold? What do you do if you have more pictures??
Either the pages will hook onto the album/binder directly via punched holes or hooks built onto them OR the album will have page protectors (clear pockets) that attach to the album. You then slide a piece of paper into the page protector.

Albums will come in different binding formats - 3-ring binders, strap-hinges, post bound, etc. You buy pages and page protectors that match the format of the album you are working with.

The number of pages an album can hold varies according to the specific album itself. I use 12x12 strap-hinge albums, and I generally can get about 30 pages in each. If I have more pictures and memorabilia, I have to go to a second album.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter