How do you help spread the magic?

TINK0998

Mouseketeer
:tinker:I'm headed to WDW in just under 4 weeks, and I am looking for ideas. I plan to participate in the fairy godmailer list and also to buy glow sticks at the dollar store and give them out to kids at the evening shows. I did these things last year and we enjoyed feeling like we were helping to spread the "magic". Any new ideas? :idea:

I don't have another idea... but I found glow stick bracelets -15 for$1.00 at Michaels. They were right as you enter with the dollar items ! Just another source for you to check out:)

If we have fastpasses that we aren't using, or extra ones that we didn't use from earlier in the day but are still good, we always try to find a family/couple/group that is waiting in line to give them to. I know this isn't earth-shattering, but it's a little way to brighten someone's day and pay it forward. Who know, maybe it will inspire them to share the magic too! Also, if we have extra meal or snack credits on the day we are leaving, we always offer to buy the people in back of us their meal/snack. I rather someone else benefit than it go to waste. :wizard:

You can take Disney stickers to hand out to kids in line or on the plane.

I might say I would agree with using up snack credits to "treat" other guests, but I have a feeling that it's a hot button topic around here.

I also carry an assortment of the Disney bandaids. It's a recipe for unhappiness when you have a hurt child, an upset parent, and a first aid station half a park away. Sometimes providing a bandaid with a favorite character then and there makes it all better (and prevents the biohazard from spreading).

:tinker:I'm headed to WDW in just under 4 weeks, and I am looking for ideas. I plan to participate in the fairy godmailer list and also to buy glow sticks at the dollar store and give them out to kids at the evening shows. I did these things last year and we enjoyed feeling like we were helping to spread the "magic". Any new ideas? :idea:

How old are your children?
Last year when we went we had 4 children (14, 12, 6 and 1)
What I did was go to the disney store and buy one large plush for each of them and then 3 smaller ones (on clearance). Then when we left the rooms to go the park in the morning...I threw them on the bed. The mousekeeper arranges the stuffed animals all nice and they were super surprised when we got back late. My son still thinks thinks mickey came and dropped them off. We are going in 19 days and I am going to do it again.

kelly

We just came back with our 9 year old niece. The first morning that we were there, Tink left her a present when she woke up. We told her it was her "Welcome to the World" pressie. Then, if she was good (she was), we would watch to see what toy she really liked in the gift shop. One of us would distract her and the other one would go and buy it. When she woke up the next morning it would be waiting for her on the pillow. She didn't ever acknowledge the were from us, and we tried to play it off like it was from one of the characters. it was so much fun.

The FP idea is a great one! I also love the glow stick idea! Let us know what you come up with!

Thanks for the ideas. I will check out Michaels for the glow bracelets and look for stickers too. I'm taking teenagers with me this trip. My son is 17 and his girlfriend is going with us this year( for her first trip) and she is 16. We have given out fast passes when we werent going to use them too. I just enjoy doing little things to make someone elses day better. Any other ideas would be appreciated...

We left our Mickey head balloon at the check-in desk for the next family who checked in. We were traveling home by plane, and couldn't take it with us.

I was given a Mickey silly band the other day. Does anyone know where to buy them?:confused3 Do they sell Disney silly bands in the parks? I know the kids are crazy about those these days and maybe I could buy a few packs of those and hand them out.

:) If we are there decorating the windows with posters or gel stickies...we pass them on the Mousekeeper or a cute child waiting to check in. Kids love the glow bracelets. We try to leave disney evelopes with mousekeeping tips in them or hand them the tip personally when possible. I think just getting on a bus and asking someone if they had a good time is nice.

One of my fav memories happened last year on the way to CR via monorail. We were on the train with a young family..mom,dad and 2 girls, 2 older ladies and us (me, DH and MIL). The dad had on his First Timer pin and I asked him if he liked his trip. He started beaming and talked about how he had no idea it "would be like this"...he admitted to getting emotional a bit the first time he watched Illuminations. The ladies and we encouraged him to see Wishes, that if he liked Illuminations that he would love Wishes, too. You could see that he was overwhelmed but loving every second. That is the magic I love...when you actually see someone "get it". I hope he gets to return this year...he said they would be back for sure.

This is one of my fav memories of our trip last year. My family and I were taking a break just outside the exit of Rock n Roller Coaster, sitting on the brick wall in the shade. A dad and his daughter, who looked to be about 4-5, were in line to get a snack. The little girl was having a rough day, and started to throw a tantrum. I noticed this and put my "magic" to work. I approached the pair and asked dad if it were ok if I talked to his daughter, and he allowed me to. So I stooped down to her level and started talking to her, telling her that I was a special friend of Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell had asked me to keep an eye out for some special children to help her spread her pixie dust. So as I was talking to her, she calmed down. Then I pulled out of my pocket a small bottle of green glitter that I had gotten at a dollar store, and I sprinkled some on her head. Then I told her that Tink and I wish her a magical trip. As I finished, the dad thanked me as his daughter was now beaming! The joy I was able to bring to that little girl will always stay with me as one of my most magical moments.:wizard:

I was given a Mickey silly band the other day. Does anyone know where to buy them?:confused3 Do they sell Disney silly bands in the parks? I know the kids are crazy about those these days and maybe I could buy a few packs of those and hand them out.

I just saw Disney silly banz in the shop at Pop this past weekend. I also saw the Toy Story ones at the local Target (might save a little money buying them from Target)

I just saw Disney silly banz in the shop at Pop this past weekend. I also saw the Toy Story ones at the local Target (might save a little money buying them from Target)

I've seen them all over, but never for any cheaper than the standard silly banz. We got ours at Modell's (sporting goods, regional chain in the mid-Atlantic, I guess) right when they first came out.

There are also two sets of princess ones and two sets of Toy Story ones and perhaps Cars.

I bought the Mickey and friends silly bandz at Walmart for $4 a pack.
We leave today for WDW !! I put them in my dd6 plane bag.....she is gonna love them. Im sure she will pass out a few of them. We also do the glow bracelets. I bought about 12 tubes at Micheals - my daughter loves handing them out at night to other kids that are tired and not so happy. She also hands out stickers (I get the Disney stickers at the Dollar Store).

check Walmart..I beleive I saw some the other day there.

Our Walmart had tons of them. I am going to pick some up before we leave. They are bigger packs so it will be easy for my girls to keep their favorites and give some away. My plan is to have them give them away when we are waiting for parades and in lines. I know they will get a kick out of it!

OMHYGOSH!!! My sister her bff me and my bff all had a TON of glowsticks we were walking through the parks during extra magic hours and this little kid was crying to his parents saying he wanted a glowstick and they looked so sad saying to him they couldnt afford it so Bec (my sisters BFF) gave him one of her glowsticks without knowing he had six other siblings lol no wonder they couldnt afford to get him a glowstick! So she handed them all one and the parents were thrilled so we decided to give them to all the little kids around the park it was magical.

I've never heard of anyone else doing that before thats awsome!

I love the silly bands I give them out to my friends siblings they get so excited! You can find them at wal mart I saw them in Wawa today (for those of you not in the virginia/new jersey/deleware/new york area wawa is like a really really nice 7/11) but it only had mickey and toy story ones I didnt see any princesses.

We brought several tubes of the glow bracelets (from Michaels) with us last year, and we handed them out to kids everytime we had them out. While we were waiting for the "big kids" to get off of Soarin', while riding the bus back to the resort, at the parades & fireworks, waiting in lines, etc. I loved sharing with the kids. There was a family riding back to the resort late one night. Both hubbies wound up standing, and the other mom & I were trying to keep our kids with us in the seats. It was crowded, and everyone was tired & crabby (other guests on the bus). I pulled out the bracelets, and our 4 kids were probably the happiest on the bus.

Another favorite "sharing the magic" moment occurred as we waited for a bus to AK for breakfast at Tusker House. DS4 had received several stickers from the DVC guy on our way out of POP to share with DD2. We got in line for the bus and another family joined us a few minutes later. DS started talking with their DS. After a couple minutes he asks if he wanted a sticker. I was so proud of my DS for offering to share the stickers with the other children (the other family had 3 kids), without any prompting from mom & dad. Stickers are prized possesions for my kids - our sitter uses them for rewards. :banana:

The silly bracelets are another cool thing, and something I will pick up for our next trip. I have seen them at Wally World, as well as several other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter