How do you handle laundry on 7day cruise?

KimberlyC said:
I do! :cool1:

And if ever the men in white coats come to carry me off, I can use you as a character reference, right? :thumbsup2 There has to be some loophole, like...if in the opinion of 2 Disers I'm not nuts, then it must be true! :rotfl2:

Works for me, if it works for you!! :crazy: :rolleyes1

On our 7-day cruise my wife did laundry 1/2 way through the trip. She spent what seemed like hours in the laundry room waiting for a washer and then waitng for a dryer and then waiting for jeans to dry etc.

I did not know DCL had a laundry service at the time. We (and I use this term loosely) will NEVER DO LAUNDRY ON VACATION AGAIN! Doing laundry on vacation is akin to having to cook dinner and wash the dishes or make the beds and vaccum the room and clean up the bathroom. What kind of vacation is that?!

Like someone pointed out, in the grand scheme of things, the cost to have your laundry done is not that significant copared to what you are paying for the cruise.

~Mike

At least once a year, swing for the fence!

I hate overpacking so we pack the bare minimum and I do laundry during down times like when my daughter just wants to sit and watch tv for a little while, or when she is in bed and I am not tired yet. I never put dirty clothes in my suitcase, that grosses me out to bring dirty clothes home in my suitcase so I do laundry the last night...it makes coming home less stressful for me to since I don't come home with a ton of laundry that needs to be done.

Thanks Tag Fairy! I will never doubt your existence again! :banana:

Buddy Bear said:
We don't like to check luggage at the airport so we pack light enough that we only bring carry ons.

We do the same thing, whether it be on a cruise or vacationing in Europe.

There are five of us. We each bring a suitcase for the trip. We unpack everything as soon as we get into our stateroom. Then I take industrial sized garbage bags and line the inside of the suitcases and stack them in the closet. Each suitcase has a designated wash load. White, light colors, etc. Every other day or so we empty the hamper into the appropriate suitcase. Any family member found putting wet clothes in the hamper or in the suitcase must walk the plank! Any clean clothes/shoes (in small bags) go into suitcase #5 (or 4 + 5 if we have a lot of clean clothes left). When we get home, the laundry is sorted. If I don't have to sort the laundry, it's not as big a chore. I just dump one suitcase load in the machine when we get home.
We do wear clothes twice-especially dress clothes that we only have on for 2 hours or so. I rinse our swimsuits at night and always bring two. Febreeze is a wonderful thing with 3 boys. I use it to freshen clean clothes, and spray the laundry in the suitcases.

Flagger said:
I wear my socks inside out which is good for two days. Same thing with underwear and undershirts.

Nah, I just throw clothes as I wear them. Leaves soooooooooo much more room for souveniers.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter