How do you handle a friend who always has to be right?

My DH used to say that I always had to be right. It wasn't that I corrected people but that I usually had to have the last word on things. I've worked to cut that out.
My new thing I have to work on is interuppting people when they are talking. I find that I do that quite a bit (and he's pointed it out). Mostly I think it's because I'm afraid I'll forget what I want to say by the time they finish or that when someone says something and it makes me think of something and I just say it right then.

I think the OP should point out the problem to her friend. She may be taken aback by it, but when she stops to think about it, she'll realize that the OP was right and hopefully thank her and work on changing.
:flower3: One thing that is very detrimental to good communication and understanding, especially during "emotional sharing" is when one person is thinking ahead to what they want to say next instead of really listening to the speaker. Try to focus from the perspective that their ideas/thoughts/feelings are just as important as yours. It's a skill that can be learned.

About the quesadilla mispronounce -- no one I know gets it wrong. So maybe a kindly correction, or at least a giggle, would be in order. Another one friends/family never say wrong is Paella. PAH-EH-YA. On some TV food shows and home shows, I have heard PAY-EL-LA, more than once. What the??? :rolleyes1

LOL We intentionally mispronounce it (in private) just because of that movie. It's oft-quoted in our house. ;) :rotfl:

Never saw the Napolean Dynamite, but I've been intentionally mispronouncing quesadilla like that woman ever since I discovered what a quesadilla was. There are dozens of words I intentionally mispronounce to family and friends.

fa-jie-tas
Home Dep-pot
as-pa-rar-a-gus
Tar-GETT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter