How do you get rid of gas?

Mellie2162

<font color="blue">It means that a friend is watch
Not trying to be funny here. I had a laparoscopic procedure last week and the gas is absolutely killing me. They told me to walk and use Gas-X. Well, I have chewed Gas-X til Im sick of them and I have walked every day until my feet are ready to fall off and still this darn gas is lodged in my chest and back.

Any good home remedies? One person told me to hang over a chair but due to the surgery and my sore belly hanging isnt really an option at this point.

Have you tried farting? :lmao:

Seriously, don't hold it in like we were taught as young ladies.

My mom's remedies are to put a warm-water bottle on the lower rib-cage and to also drink water as hot as you can stand. She got gas a lot due to alergy medicine in the 1970's. The pain was huge for her and I emphathize with you.

Have you tired eating gassy foods to force it all out? Have a plate of beans and broccoli.

I feel your pain, or at least, I FELT your pain.

When I had laparascopy 3 years ago, I had severe gas pains that landed me back in the ER that night. I had no idea gas could hurt like that! After about a day, the severe pain was over, but I felt bloated (swollen) for about a month. You may just be swollen from the surgery, the gas should be gone after a few days.

Six weeks ago I had laparascopy again, and didn't have the first bit of gas this time. I don't know what he did differently, but it was so much better.

A week seems like a long time. Are you passing gas? Stool? are you eating? Is the pain localized? How do you feel otherwise?

Not trying to be funny here. I had a laparoscopic procedure last week and the gas is absolutely killing me. They told me to walk and use Gas-X. Well, I have chewed Gas-X til Im sick of them and I have walked every day until my feet are ready to fall off and still this darn gas is lodged in my chest and back.

Any good home remedies? One person told me to hang over a chair but due to the surgery and my sore belly hanging isnt really an option at this point.

You poor thing...that is so painful all that gas....how about sipping hot hot plain tea. Have you called your MD and told him and asked him for suggestions? :confused3 Do not use straws and make sure the foods you are not eating are gasy.

Digestive Advantage Gas Defense Formula.. Everyone I have reccomended it to no longer uses Gas-X or any of the other gas products available.. If taken daily, it prevents the gas before it develops - if used after, you will actually hear and feel the gas moving around (feels like someone blowing bubbles inside of you) and it will come out..:thumbsup2

Get on all fours.

Then lean your face forward, on it's side, on the ground, your arms, by your side (aiming towards your feet)

Then lean your butt up, in the air, dropping your tummy down towards the floor.

Do this a few times, through out the day. It apparently makes your gas bubbles move throughout your body and *poof* :)

Get on all fours.

Then lean your face forward, on it's side, on the ground, your arms, by your side (aiming towards your feet)

Do this a few times, through out the day. It apparently makes your gas bubbles move throughout your body and *poof* :)

:thumbsup2 I've never had a laproscopic procedure but the nurse practitioner who used to work in our office said this position was the only way she got relief from all the gas. Good luck!

DD has always had a problem with a gassy stomach; I think I'll have to have her try this position and see if it helps her.

I hope one of these remedies works for you; I know VERY well how painful trapped gas can be! :( Let us know if you have any luck! :hug:

My DH's nurse told him to lay on the floor (if he could) and put your feet and calves on the couch or lay on the bed and put several pillows or a box under your calves the same way.

The air bubbles travel and stop being painful.

Thanks I will try some of these suggestions. Im on liquids right now so foods are not an option. I really had hoped for this to be gone by now but I guess it just takes time. You ever felt like you had to burp but couldnt?

Thanks I will try some of these suggestions. Im on liquids right now so foods are not an option. I really had hoped for this to be gone by now but I guess it just takes time. You ever felt like you had to burp but couldnt?

I don't wnat to be an alarmist but if you are not eating one week post op (whatever the operation was) you should see your doctor. You need to have your abdomen examined to make sure you don't have an intestinal obstruction.

I have no medical knowledge, but...

With babies they recommend bicycling the legs while lying flat on back. Not sure if this might help.

I second what CathrynRose said; that should get at least some of it moving. My fiance's method is to lay down on his *right* side; I don't know why that side, but it has helped for me sometimes as well.

I don't wnat to be an alarmist but if you are not eating one week post op (whatever the operation was) you should see your doctor. You need to have your abdomen examined to make sure you don't have an intestinal obstruction.

No im on liquids for now because of the procedure.

CALL your doctor....
After I had that procedure which was supposed to be ambulatory I wound up in the hospital for 3 days....the pain was AWFUL....others told me that the doctor had FAILED to take out all the gas and that is the result, while not "dangerous" it is not necessary and very painful....I had it in my chest and they thought that I was having heart issues, what a nightmare.,,,,,

CALL and see what THEY recommend.....they may want to see you earlier than thought.
Feel Better...this will pass (no pun intended, but funny now that I think of it;) That pain is NOT funny!!!

try chamomile thats the best.! once i had a pain like that and in less then an hour i was burbing and farting lol

Digestive Advantage Gas Defense Formula.. Everyone I have reccomended it to no longer uses Gas-X or any of the other gas products available.. If taken daily, it prevents the gas before it develops - if used after, you will actually hear and feel the gas moving around (feels like someone blowing bubbles inside of you) and it will come out..:thumbsup2

I want to try this. Where can I find it? Walgreens, Wal-mart?

Get on all fours.

Yes, my sister told me this, I don't remember where she heard it. Guess what it works. Go back and forth a few times in that position - like doggie style. This phrase comes to mind.

I blame it on my first c-section (had 3). I get horrible gas pains all the time. A bubble inside that moves around and cannot escape.

I feel for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter