How do you get in on a soft opening?

redwingsmickey

Mouseketeer
I just read on Mouseplanet that Stitch's Great Escape is tentatively scheduled to open Oct 1, the last day of our trip.

I imagine they will do a "soft" opening before that. I have read about these before on this site, and I wonder how they work. Are some of them exclusively for AP holders? Is there anything you can do to help your chances of getting on?

Before Mission Space opened, there were tons of posts on these boards from people who were at Epcot when the attraction was running (but not being advertised). People told what to watch for, which times of day were the most likely for it to be running and also that people would ask CMs standing nearby if it was open only to be told it would be opening in 4 weeks (or whatever the time frame was)...then later in the day, they would go by and anyone walking up was admitted. As I recall, this went on for several weeks before the AP holders received invitations for an AP sneak preview. I'd watch these for posts from people who go to MK closer to the time of the official opening and see if anyone is being allowed on early.

First they have cast member soft opennings, then AP soft opennings. Then they do soft opennings, whenever. You go to the park and stop by and ask if there's a soft openning sometime that day. It's the luck of the draw. We've done several AP soft opennings.

We did the 'guest preview' in June on Mission Space. I had heard from the boards that if they did them it was around 4 on weekdays. So, from 3pm on the crowds slowly increased in front of MS. Many people were hoping to ride. We saw cast members in costume and some suits going in and out. Finally a cm came out and told us that the ride was opening in Oct, they did guest previews occasionally and there was guarantee they would be doing them today. Very stern actually. Of course, 10 minutes later he walked the wacky crowd into the ride:) I don't think there supposed to let people know or if the ride will operate before it is officially open. It was open in the afternoon other days that week too.

I just read on Mouseplanet that Stitch's Great Escape is tentatively scheduled to open Oct 1

oooooh, I'm so excited! Our trip is Oct2-9! I've been hoping for Stitch to be open :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:earsgirl:

I'm bummed. I excited to ride Stitch, but I'm going in Nov. and I was hoping to show DH CoP and Timekeeper! :(

Thanks for the info on soft openings. Our trip is Sept. 25-Oct. 2. Like redwingsmickey, Oct. 1 will probably be our last park day though. Maybe we'll get lucky & get to ride it during the week. I hope so since MK will be closing early on the 1st for MNSSHP and we aren't planning on attending.

Oh no!! My trip is Sept 18-26. I hope they have a soft opening while I am there. We love Stitch

Aryn

It'd be great if they have some "soft-openings" sometime in Sept! ;) We'll be there 9/15 - 9/26/04 - really looking forward to trying out Stitch :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter