• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you get ALL those Home Depot Mickey Heads?

The snow finally stopped, and I drove 45 minutes with DS8 and MIL to go on my first ever Mickey Head run! I made MIL wait in the car, because she is kind of big, and definitely loud, and seems to draw attention wherever she goes. DS made the plan: during the heist we could talk only out of the sides of our mouths, since this is what criminals do. (?!) And he asked if we would be taking any purples and pinks. Since the answer was "probably, yes" he made up an 11 yr old sister named Monica, who might want those colors in her room! He was really into creating the back story...does he have a less than magical future behind bars, or will he be the greatest Imagineer of all time?
Anyway, no one even noticed us, but it was an exhilarating experience nonetheless!! :earsboy:

You know, i felt like theif! I don't know...:rotfl2: But then I should not feel bad. I was buying things.
I hung them in my window at the resort.

wdw3076.jpg

wdw3302.jpg

You know, i felt like theif! I don't know...:rotfl2: But then I should not feel bad. I was buying things.

wdw3076.jpg

wdw3302.jpg

Ang - Love the window hangings! Did you cut out each one before stringing them? Or peel them from the backing? Did you glue them back to back?
Thanks!

I have just returned from Home Depot - home of the LMGH's I will send 4 each to the first 6 people who contact me. No gimmicks, no strings, I don't even care about the postage and no I'm not the boogy man(woman), I just know that there are some folks who can't get a hold of these little alien green paint chips and I have a few extra. I got 30 of them today and I am willing to share. :thumbsup2

wdw3076.jpg

wdw3302.jpg

Just love the window decoration. Could you please post how you made it. Really cute and simple. Thanks a million:thumbsup2

Ang - Love the window hangings! Did you cut out each one before stringing them? Or peel them from the backing? Did you glue them back to back?
Thanks!

teachup317 Just love the window decoration. Could you please post how you made it. Really cute and simple. Thanks a million

I peeled them, then glued them back to back...make sure you put something heavy on them so they won't curl.
After they dried I used a hole putcher.
Then I put white thread through the hole and knotted. I did make sure I left long thread on each. Then I wrapped the thread around the mickey head so the string won't get all knotted up. Put then in ziplock bag.

Just make sure you pack scotch tape and a small kids siccors. Once hang the mickey's then I cut the thread short.

I did try cutting them out..just took to long...that's why I peeled.

It looks like used about 20, I think, I made about 25.

That's why I felt like a theif! Taking all the colors:rotfl2: . I did take the lime green too!

thanks.

Teacup,

I don't know if you got my email, but if you still have extra LGMHs I could use some. I made the hour or so trip to Home Depot today. And guess what not a single Alien Green left.:sad1: Guess we have some DISers around!:yay:

I have no problem taking the LGMH from Home Depot. The man that usually works behind the counter in the paint dept is a Disney freak. When he sees me getting Mickey heads he'll usually come over and ask me if I'm planning another Disney trip and then tell me about his. Once when I didn't find enough of the LGMH he told me to wait and he opened the doors beneath the dsplay and help me find a whole pkg (not too many in those little cellophane pkgs though:rolleyes: ). He only had one pkg, but told me to come back on a Friday as the paint company usually delivers them on Thursday and it would probably be Friday morning before they were put out. He's great!

Teacup,

I don't know if you got my email, but if you still have extra LGMHs I could use some. I made the hour or so trip to Home Depot today. And guess what not a single Alien Green left.:sad1: Guess we have some DISers around!:yay:

No Chipmunk I didn't get the email, try me at teacup317@gmail.com

I'll post the LGMH's tomorrow if I get your email today :thumbsup2

I just went this afternoon and picked up a couple. :goodvibes It is just DF and I and he just laughed at me! I grabbed a couple pink ones for making my luggage tags and had him pick out a color for his! Do people usually right their disboard names on them or just keep them blank? does it matter? ::MinnieMo

I will SOOOO do this. Gives me time to kill on the 4 1/2 hour plane ride to Orlando!!

I hope you guys don't mind me stealing your idea!!

What do hang them with, just with fishing wire??

I will SOOOO do this. Gives me time to kill on the 4 1/2 hour plane ride to Orlando!!

I hope you guys don't mind me stealing your idea!!

What do hang them with, just with fishing wire??
HI! If you talking about the window hanging mickeys, I used sewing thread.

I made a countdown calendar too...This was for the Halloween Party last year, just thought I'd share!!
5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1RDGVD03BP0Zv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

I put stickers under each Mickey Head. The DD's were always so excited to get up and peel off the Mickey Head so that they could see what sticker was for that day!!
5ac0E8XEvNH-JXGtVvv7NNBS1eTHqX07z4gkv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

You are all so very funny!!!! Thanks for the great laugh I guess I'll have to take a walk through the Depo tomorrow. :lmao:

We are celebrating DD 16th birthday and I think I will use the window idea to surprise her! Thanks for posting the pictures, it really helps to be able to see it.

I love the calendar idea too, we are taking DD's BFF with us and it will be BFF's first visit so I think I will make a calendar for her too!

Thanks again for sharing your ideas, I love them!

I just did a count and I have exactly 110 green Mickey heads left in my stockpile! Probably about 50-75 of the other colors too! I keep worrying that they'll discontinue the Mickey paint chip section, so I keep loading up! :rotfl:

I just take a couple of every color and do that each time I visit. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter