• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you get a job at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't know anyone in the company, there's a 99% chance it will go straight into the garbage. I know lots of Disney managers from various departments and they all agree on this. It's not about what you know or who you know, it's about who knows you. I also worked with managers hiring Professional Interns (no benefits, 10-15$/hr) and they were looking for minimum masters degree and 3 years experience. My roommate had over 1,000 applications for her $20,000/year position. Disney is extremely cutthroat. But hey, prove us all wrong and ill eat my words :thumbsup2

I have exp as well. I am the General Manager of the company I work for now.

No one here can tell you whether or not what you have is what Disney needs. Only Disney can tell you that.

I will say that sending a resume in without it linked to a specific job will not get you anywhere. They get literally thousands of resumes a month, and do not have time to read more than a fraction. They scan them for key words, file them and -- for all intents and purposes -- forget about them.

If you want a job at Disney, apply for one online following all the instructions on the website to the letter. And then ... you wait. You should get an immediate bounce-back e-mail saying that your resume has been received, but after that, it's up to Disney to decide whether to call you for a phone interview or not.

I will say, though, that you need to manage your expectations. Confidence is great, but realize that you will be up against hundreds of people for each job you apply for, and those people will come from inside and outside the company. The chances of you scoring a position on your first try -- particularly a position that will include a relocation package -- is about the same as being randomly chosen to spend a night in Cinderella Castle.

If Disney is where you want to be, you may want to also pursue other Orlando-area businesses -- theme parks, resorts, hotels, etc -- to get yourself down here. Other businesses may be far more likely to help you move here, and then once you're in Central Florida you can continue to pursue Disney. Or ... bite the bullet and move yourself down here, if you have the funds to do so. It just kind of depends on how badly you want to work at WDW.

:earsboy:

They Will pay to relocate you? Is that correct?

If you have to ask? No.

In fact, if you have to ask any of these questions, you're not qualified for a high level HR position at Disney, or anywhere else.

I suggest you look for something more related to your experience.

I have exp as well. I am the General Manager of the company I work for now.

OP, am I remembering correctly? Didn't/ don't you have a very ill child? If she's doing well enough that you can relocate, I say go for it!! I have no experience in this area so no advice for you. But I'm delighted to hear things are going so well.

OP, be prepared to have a thorough background check run on you if you get deep into the hiring process with WDW. I'm pretty sure that honesty is an important characteristic that WDW looks for in their candidates. I'm sure with your HR experience and being a GM of a Company, you can understand and appreciate that. :thumbsup2

OP, am I remembering correctly? Didn't/ don't you have a very ill child? If she's doing well enough that you can relocate, I say go for it!! I have no experience in this area so no advice for you. But I'm delighted to hear things are going so well.

I have 2 children neither of which are ill

Isn't this the poster who said her husband or someone else used the account and posted as her? I know this came up a few weeks ago and the authenticity of the poster was questioned and they disappeared for a while.

Isn't this the poster who said her husband or someone else used the account and posted as her? I know this came up a few weeks ago and the authenticity of the poster was questioned and they disappeared for a while.

My children have been always healthy. My ex-husband was the one that got into my account and he is now in jail for fraud for starting a fake charity he was found to be getting the money and using it for no good. Drugs ect.

And I am not sure who thinks I am 30 as I am 37. Not that, that matters. I was an EMT for a while, now I am a Pasrty Chef and General Manager at a Bakery.

My children have been always healthy. My ex-husband was the one that got into my account and he is now in jail for fraud for starting a fake charity he was found to be getting the money and using it for no good. Drugs ect.

And I am not sure who thinks I am 30 as I am 37. Not that, that matters. I was an EMT for a while, now I am a Pasrty Chef and General Manager at a Bakery.

No one thinks you're 30. It was a joke.

Do you only take one child on vacations? All of your past posts only talk about your Dd.

ETA: I'm wrong. In 2004 she had a son and daughter. When she returned to the DIS in 2010 she only spoke of a DD and all vacations being for a family of 3. Strange.

Do you only take one child on vacations? All of your past posts only talk about your Dd.

ETA: I'm wrong. In 2004 she had a son and daughter. When she returned to the DIS in 2010 she only spoke of a DD and all vacations being for a family of 3. Strange.

We take them both but DS don't want to go to disney

So you make pastries at a bakery and you think Disney will pay to relocate you for an upper level human resource job? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter