How do you get a disruptive pig through security???

WINDSOR LOCKS, Conn. (AP) - This was a pig that truly could not fly.

The pig was ordered off a U.S. Airways plane at Bradley International Airport in Connecticut on Wednesday after crewmembers determined the animal had become disruptive.

Laura Masvidal, a spokeswoman for U.S. Airways parent American Airlines, said Friday the pig was brought aboard by a passenger as an emotional support animal.

She said both the pig and its owner left the aircraft before it took off.

Jonathan Skolnik, a University of Massachusetts professor who was also a passenger, told ABC News that the pig - which he estimated to weigh about 50-70 pounds, was on a leash but began walking back and forth.

Masdival says under federal guidelines emotional support animals are allowed on commercial flights as long as they're not disruptive.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

oh the human condition

When I first saw the headline, I was thinking guinea pig. I almost fell over when I read 50 to 70 pounds! Seriously?

I would love to gave seen that on a plane

The pig never should have been allowed on the plane, unless in the cargo hold.

Pig was walking up and down the aisle? Ridiculous.

The pig was an "emotional support" animal? Again, ridiculous.

There was a very funny article in the New Yorker a few weeks ago about emotional support animals. The author brought a pig on a plane and an alpaca to CVS to show just how ridiculous the emotional support animal thing has become.
The ADA does not include emotional support animals in the definition of service animals and only dogs and miniature horses can be service animals, but somehow people have taken the emotional support animal thing way too far

Wouldn't a pig in the aisle be a hazard in case of emergency? Did the woman have to buy an additional seat for the pig? At 50 to 70 pounds, it obviously didn't fit under the seat.

There was a very funny article in the New Yorker a few weeks ago about emotional support animals. The author brought a pig on a plane and an alpaca to CVS to show just how ridiculous the emotional support animal thing has become.
The ADA does not include emotional support animals in the definition of service animals and only dogs and miniature horses can be service animals, but somehow people have taken the emotional support animal thing way too far

Businesses probably don't want the bad publicity when someone starts whining about how they were discriminated against because their emotional support animal was turned away. It doesn't matter if it's not included in the ADA or the animal is just completely ridiculous, once a story gets out it'll take on a life of it's own and the business will end up being the bad guy.

I don't care if I get flamed but if you need to ridiculous animal like a pig or alpaca for an emotional support animal, you are just looking for attention.

I would love to gave seen that on a plane

The pig never should have been allowed on the plane, unless in the cargo hold.

Pig was walking up and down the aisle? Ridiculous.

The pig was an "emotional support" animal? Again, ridiculous.

I actually did see a pig on a plane this past summer. We flew from Richmond, Va to Phoenix, AZ. On the Phoenix leg of the trip a girl on the plane had a support pig with her the whole time. She had it wrapped in a blanket and held it on her lap. All the passengers were talking about it! Some near us asked about the pig. As the flight attendant explained that it was a "support animal", she rolled her eyes. At least the pig on our flight was well behaved.

I actually did see a pig on a plane this past summer. We flew from Richmond, Va to Phoenix, AZ. On the Phoenix leg of the trip a girl on the plane had a support pig with her the whole time. She had it wrapped in a blanket and held it on her lap. All the passengers were talking about it! Some near us asked about the pig. As the flight attendant explained that it was a "support animal", she rolled her eyes. At least the pig on our flight was well behaved.

If that plane had turbulence, a pig would be flying all around, injuring people at a minimum. You don't want to hit a pig while driving a car and you dang sure don't want to have one as a projectile on a plane.

If you are that emotionally in need of "support," take a Xanax and spare the rest of us your drama. Oh....But a Xanax doesn't get you the same attention as a pig, does it?

I don't know how I feel about the emotional support animal thing...but I have to imagine out of all the possible choices of animal a pig has to be one of the odder ones. Maybe one of those pygmy sized ones? But a larger one? Seems like more trouble than it's worth.

On the other hand, I would try not to begrudge anyone what they feel they need to get by, if they are suffering with a particular issue. Unless it was affecting me personally.

I don't know how I feel about the emotional support animal thing...but I have to imagine out of all the possible choices of animal a pig has to be one of the odder ones. Maybe one of those pygmy sized ones? But a larger one? Seems like more trouble than it's worth.

On the other hand, I would try not to begrudge anyone what they feel they need to get by, if they are suffering with a particular issue. Unless it was affecting me personally.

If you are on a place and there is turbulence, that pig IS going to affect you personally. Pigs have a lot of weight for their compacted size, plus hooves. And I doubt Hammy is buckled in. Pigs do not belong on planes, period.

If you are on a place and there is turbulence, that pig IS going to affect you personally. Pigs have a lot of weight for their compacted size, plus hooves. And I doubt Hammy is buckled in. Pigs do not belong on planes, period.

I said I thought a pig was an odd choice. But it poses IMO about the same potential for flying around during turbulence as the big German Shepherd seeing eye dog on my last flight, or the many objects under seats or even other passengers unbuckled and moving around. Which is why I think any large animal is odd as a choice. Something small that can either be put in a carrier or buckled in would seem like a better alternative.

Apparently, the pig was pooping all over the place as well and smelled bad. I'm glad the airline grew a set and told Piglady to leave. Imagine having to sit on a plane for hours and smell pig poop. :rotfl2:

Companies need to step up and put their foot down. Pigs aren't covered as emotional support animals. It never should have been allowed on the plane. People like this create animosity towards people who really do need emotional support animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter