• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you figure the s/p/d??

weesignlanguage

DIS Veteran
Someone said the s/p/d is basically rack rate room, everyone eating reg dining plan at kids price and all park tix at kid price. Is this correct?

What about values? Do you get quick service instead of regular with the s/p/d package there?

Someone said the s/p/d is basically rack rate room, everyone eating reg dining plan at kids price and all park tix at kid price. Is this correct?

What about values? Do you get quick service instead of regular with the s/p/d package there?

Yes, you've got it all exactly right. I can't get the math to work exactly on our Jan 2-12 trip with S/P/D, but the Disney quoted amount is about $80 less than I calculated so whom am I to complaint? :confused3 :goodvibes

I'm curious about the deal too... We are staying at AllStars but need the regular dining plan.

It would be great if the Disney website was working today! Grr!

Help! Rack rate at pop is $1005, tickets at child rate $1080, dining at child rate $400.96. Gives me $2485.96. Need help with tax! I saw somewhere that hotel tax is 12.5%, so apply that to rack rate? And then what tax rate to add to tickets and dining? Or is it 12.5% on to the total? Or...worst-case scenario...12.5% on to room and then Florida tax onto total?!

Help! Rack rate at pop is $1005, tickets at child rate $1080, dining at child rate $400.96. Gives me $2485.96. Need help with tax! I saw somewhere that hotel tax is 12.5%, so apply that to rack rate? And then what tax rate to add to tickets and dining? Or is it 12.5% on to the total? Or...worst-case scenario...12.5% on to room and then Florida tax onto total?!

I thought the 12.5% accounted for the 6% sales tax but I could be wrong. I've already booked our trip but I can't figure out the math. It annoys me to no end that WDW doesn't itemize your trip when they send you a receipt. I've tried the math several ways and it never matches. The good thing though is that I'm always over the total WDW gave me. I got it to within $80 using one formula and that was 12.5% on the hotel base rate and 6% on DDP and tickets.

We booked at a Value for 9 nights and bumped to the regular DP. My invoice actually says Q8T rather than the other T64.
**I paid the normal bump from QS to the regular DP**

I asked the nice CM if the S/P/D was the adult tickets & dining at the childrens prices and he said no. I also asked about bumping to the Deluxe DP and he ran the numbers with the disount and said, "oh, no, that's much higher".

He said there are a couple of good offers and codes out there and took about 15 minutes to try my resservation with other codes and said that the Q8T was the best one.

I am a DVC holder and believe these are the codes that are available to other DVC holders.

We saved almost $650. FD does save us more than this but this is a good discount.

Does anyone know about the difference(s) b/w the Q8T and T64?

I believe Q8T was for moderate resorts and T64 was for value...but maybe it has more to do with the dining plan choice and less to do with the resort level.

The tax rate is 12.5% on most of the hotels, but is 13% on Pop (Pop is in Osceola County, while the rest are in Orange County). Tax on the dining and tickets is 6.5%.

Wouldn't be the first wrong thing printed in that book. According to the booking system, Pop is in Orange.

Regarding these codes? They're public on the Visa website.. and...

And they're up on these message boards right here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/disneypackages.htm#visa

As for which resort in which county.. I can't tell you which is which.. but I can tell you that ..

Every resource I can find, lists the tax rate for Pop Century and AoA as 12.5 % and most others as 13 % ...

They are all 12.5%, except for the All Stars which are 13%.

Dang it .. that's twice in a year I got the tax stuff completely backwards.

This is why I hate the very thought of trying to calculate the discounts before I can go to the dang website and see it all for myself..

"Math is hard." - Me

Im glad im not the only person who cant get the math for the S/P/D discount to work out. Luckily, the quoted price is almost 200$ less than what I calculate, but 38$ more than having the extra adults not count for the room(you know, the extra 25$ a night per adult over 2)... At this point im stumped, but stoked the we were able to get "nearly" free dining!

Also, i used the disney booking to figure out prices, and they include tax so I didnt have to figure that out by hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter