how do you feel about the

bambii

<font color=#000080>aka Jadedee<br><font color=dee
new alice and wonderland

the all look creepy,

wish they could have done it by pixar but it is by tim burton, his stuff is creepy..

I'm looking forward to seeing it, I am a fan of creepy;)

It certainly doesn't look suitable for small children.

I think it looks amazing and can't wait to see it! :thumbsup2

Not everything needs to be Pixar. :confused3

I am really looking forward to this movie. The original book is not nearly as cheery as the Disney original. It is much the same with Charlie and the Chocolate factory. The new version is much truer to the original book but most people equate the original movie to the story instead.

I am a big fan of Burton and Depp and love their work together.

Did Tim Burton do the movie 9 last year?

From the sound of it, and the posters, it looked like it'd be a scary movie, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. I'm easily scared by movies, and I sat through it with my eyes glued to it.

The previews do look a bit creepy and fairly strange. But it probably wouldn't be so bad once you saw the whole thing.

And it is funny how most people relate to stories Disney style, rather than the way it was originally wrote.

i'm actually REALLY excited to see it!

the real Alice is kind of .....odd so it seems more fitting this way.

Johnny Depp does look pretty creepy tho....it's gonna be weird seeing him in another role where he's not his usualy handsome self lol

After SyFy's Alice I was seeing that version of Hatter for some reason.

Johnny Depp does look pretty creepy tho....it's gonna be weird seeing him in another role where he's not his usualy handsome self lol

:thumbsup2 It's definitely a different look for Depp but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Hot Topic held an exclusive Almost Alice listening party last Friday at their stores. Those attending were invited to dress up as their favorite Alice characters. I've heard from a couple of people we know who went and really enjoyed it. They said the soundtrack is awesome.

I'm happy they are being true to the book rather than going Disneyesque which has already been done. Carroll was a drug addict and the book is really dark and weird-fun weird as far as I'm concerned but weird indeed. The Alice returns idea is pretty cool too!

While the idea of Alice returning is kind of interesting, I don't like the looks of the movie - definitely creepy in my book. We won't be going to see it.

We didn't particularly like A Christmas Carol that we saw last Thanksgiving either. The effects were great, but I thought the story was lacking.

My daughter and I can't wait to see it! I am SO glad it was done by Burton and not Pixar.

don't want to hijack your thread OP, but for those of you that go see Alice this weekend, can you please post your thoughts? My DD6 1/2 is dying to go see it and I just want to make sure it's OK for her to see.

She does NOT scare easily, loves Nightmare Before Cmas and Coraline (which I thought was the creepiest movie ever) and has never once winced during her zillion viewings of Wizard of Oz. I'm easy going when it comes to movies & such, but would love to hear some feed back.

Thanks.

We purchased tickets online Tuesday night for Friday Night at IMAX in Albany. I am not a Tim Burton Fan but I can't wait to see this movie. My DD16 is a big Johnny Depp Fan and she is beyond excited to see this. We go every weekend to look in Hot Topic to see what there is and anything new. She has a tee-shirt - received as a B-day gift and purchased the Mad Hatter Blanket. This movie from the previews looks really really good.

While the idea of Alice returning is kind of interesting, I don't like the looks of the movie - definitely creepy in my book. We won't be going to see it.

We didn't particularly like A Christmas Carol that we saw last Thanksgiving either. The effects were great, but I thought the story was lacking.

I'm probably the only one in the U.S. that didn't like T.B.'s, Willy Wonka. I am a big fan of the original version. Like horseshowmom, I like the idea of Alice returning, but I'm not too much for dark and creepy. A little here and there is okay to me, but not the whole enchilada.

I am really looking forward to this movie. The original book is not nearly as cheery as the Disney original. It is much the same with Charlie and the Chocolate factory. The new version is much truer to the original book but most people equate the original movie to the story instead.

Yes, DH just finished reading it and said it really wasn't a story for little kids. I don't know how true to the book the movie is, I haven't seen it yet. But Tim Burton's stuff really isn't for little ones. I can't wait.

Burton and Depp seem to be made for each other!

I totally agree! If I wasn't working tomorrow, I would go see the midnight show. I love Burton, Depp, Carter. I am going all out with a fan shirt and tacky heart jewelry. It is almost time for tea, and I don't want to be late.

I'm probably the only one in the U.S. that didn't like T.B.'s, Willy Wonka. I am a big fan of the original version. Like horseshowmom, I like the idea of Alice returning, but I'm not too much for dark and creepy. A little here and there is okay to me, but not the whole enchilada.

I preferred Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka over JD's, too. It's a movie from my childhood, so I guess I remember it fondly because of that. It was still kind of dark for a kid's movie. JD looked too androgynous as Willy Wonka, and that kind of bothered me. I am still looking forward to JD as the Hatter.

Speaking of creepy, has anyone watched Tinman on SciFi? Not THAT is creepy and dark. The scarecrow has a zipper down the top of his head!

I'm going to wait until it's on dvd to see it, but it does look like a good movie! I'm looking forward to watching it.

I also like the original Willy Wonka much better than the new version.

My kids wanted to seeing it but after watching the previews I think it will be too scary for them. I have no interest in seeing it, I really don't like Johnny Depp's movies they are always too weird for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter