• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you feel about adults drinking alcohol at Disney?

What is your position on adults openly drinking alcohol while in Disney?

• I could care less...it's their business

• It kind of bothers me but not enough to let it affect me in any way

• I am offended and I give dirty looks to those who do it

• I am so offended that it keeps me from going as often as I'd like

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like having alcohol available in the theme parks. The high price of drinks and even higher cover charge seems to deter most people from over-imbibing. But if Disney suddenly banned alcohol, it wouldn't bother me.

Doesn't really bother me. In all my visits, only one instance really upset me though. It was 8 am at the pop food court and I watched one man chug 4 beers in about 5 mins. There was 2 empties already on the table. His wife went up to get 2 more for him and he went up to get 2 more right after she returned. Just felt bad for the kids sitting at the table with him :(

I'm sure that's not the first time the kids have seen Daddy get wasted at breakfast. I'm surprised that The food court sold beer so early, however.

You can have Drinks in the Magic Kingdom....

Only for Dinner in the Be our Guest Restaurant, but you CAN :goodvibes

I am fine with it as long as it is not to excess. Although I look at the people who get plastered and know they will be feeling it the next day... and why go to Disney to have to waste a day by recovering?

I imbibe on occasion at the parks.. but 1 is normally enough.. especially with the price of Adult beverages.

If they are not bothering you personally then why care? I say worry about yourself and yours and don't mind other people's business.

BTW: I am a big fan of the tequila bar in Mexico.

I'd hate to see what happens to other prices at WDW if they stopped selling alcohol :lmao:

I'm glad others' enjoyment of alcohol can help subsidize my vacation.

DH and I drink at WDW. We love drinks around the world and that's why Epcot is our fave park. We also love F&W. Now that our kids are all in HS and aren't as into WDW as they once were, it's time for DH and I to do adult trips (we are DVC). So, drinking at WDW doesn't bother me...as long as you do it in a mature way (ie: not over imbibing and puking in the bushes near Maelstrom...which I witnessed on my last trip this August).

DH and I drink at WDW. We love the F&W, we've attended the festival every year (with the exception of last year) for the last 7yrs. Hubby and I love to do adult trips to WDW. "Mature" drinking at WDW doesn't bother us at all.....it's a vacation!!!!! and not only that it's MY vacation!! We've never been bothered by the person/people who tend to over indulge, they're not with us and I don't have to spend time with them while there being obnoxious. Hubby and I will be in the world on Sunday and will enjoy our vacation the way we choose to...........................with drinks:rotfl::rotfl:

You missed an option in your poll:

(*) I will raise my own glass to them in a toast.

I want to vote for number one but I'm having trouble quantifying "how much less I could care". :cool2: (funny how often this saying is used incorrectly)

ANYWAY, It doesn't bother me unless they get vulgar or inappropriate.

Mi big problem is that EPCOT has become some sort of booze paradise. Seems to be the only focus Disney has on doing anything new there, is finding new ways for adults to drink. Not exactly what Walt had in mind.

Don't mind the drinking at all, nor them making money by satisfying customer demands, but it seems the sole focus of the park right now.

I'd want to drink a bunch too if I was a conventioneer at Disney.

I don't find drinking in and of itself bad. I don't see it much difference in someone carrying around an alcoholic drink versus someone carrying around any other food or beverage item. What they decided they want to eat and drink is their business. It's when people drink too much and it starts affecting their actions with and towards others that I would start to frown upon them.

One of the reasons I enjoy our Disney visits so much is that I get to drink, lol. Since we are staying onsite, I don't have to drive, so get to actually indulge myself a bit at dinner or with a drink as I stroll around the World Showcase.

Yes, some people do drink too much and become a problem, but honestly, the problem folks I've seen have appeared pretty sober, just obnoxious or tired and frustrated or whatever. Don't need alcohol to be rude.

I do like the Magic Kingdom being dry, but must admit that I almost hugged our waitress at BoG when she said they served drinks.

I don't mind people drinking at Disney as long as they're not drinking to the point that they are really loud and obnoxious. Which can happen during the Food and Wine festival on Saturdays. At least it was the 2 trips I made during Food and Wine.

But if someone is drinking and still in control or even tipsy/silly I have no problem with it. They're on vacation and they should be able to enjoy themselves.

You missed an option in your poll:

(*) I will raise my own glass to them in a toast.
:cool1:

That would have been my answer.

Or at least change the first option to

"I couldn't care less." Because I really couldn't care less if someone has a drink or two. (Or three.)

As long as it doesn't get spilled on me and I don't have to smell it, I don't care.

The smell of spilled alcoholic drinks on a hot florida day grosses me out! Ick!

I do try to not hit World Showcase on weekend evenings because I think there is more drinking then. I have to imagine Disney makes A LOT of money off those people!!

We love our drinks around the world :) however know how to behave! During food and wine at night on weekends I have seen WS pretty rowdy but nothing offensive to me.

<WAKWindow: WAK: 0x1c955210; frame = (0 0; 304 80); first responder = WK 0x1c92d8b0; next responder = WK 0x0; layer = <UIWebLayer: 0x1c9bff40>>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter