• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you even go about planning a Disney wedding?

K311y0h

Earning My Ears
I want a 2014 wedding with Disney. I live in CA so of course the wedding would be taking place in Anaheim. I know I want to get married in front of the castle, but how do you go about planning this? And the reception?
I am not a very good planner much less a wedding planner!!!

Just like any other wedding, you gather ideas, set a budget and do research. The passporters guide to Disney fairy tale weddings and honeymoons is your best first (very modest) investment. That and the Disney weddings website should give you info and allow you to start thinking budget and whether a castle ceremony fits your budget and overall plan. Happy planning! :goodvibes

The first thing to do is buy the Passporter book. It is FILLED with valuable information that will literally walk you through everything.

You can also call Disney Fairy Tale Weddings directly. You're probably too far out to get much done but you can gather information!

The next thing to do is look through all of the Planning Journals and Trip Reports here on the DIS. Most girls outline their journey down the aisle every step of the way!

Lastly, you may want to consider joining our DISbrides Facebook group. There is a link in my signature!

Welcome and always feel free to post any questions!

You might want to check out http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/

I know that Disney has planners that will help you every step of the way. Passporter also has a Disney wedding planning book available on .pdf format for a nominal fee.

Yep,
go to this website. Then call the telephone number in the upper right corner. You will then be asked some questions. One of which will be when you want to be married. You will be given some options as to open dates and times. You can then send in a deposit to hold that spot and then they will send you a contract. Once signed and received by Disney, they will then assign you a wedding planner. They will contact you and they will help you plan your special day. They are FANTASTIC at what they do!!! Our daughters wedding turned out wonderful. We live in Minnesota and we did travel down to Florida about 3 months prior to the wedding day to finalize everything, but you wouldn't have to do that, if you didn't want to. They will then send you a itemized list of everything you picked out and they will then send you a finalized contract of the cost. You can tweek it up to a month before your day and then make the final payment to Disney.

We had Lisa Smith as our daughter's wedding planner. She is amazing!!! Very organized and is very quick to return your phone calls and emails. HIGHLY recommend her!!!

Have fun planning your wedding :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter