How do you eat "around the world" in Epcot?

Local_Girl

DIS Veteran
I've read many times here about folks snacking or eating "around the world" in Epcot. We are interested in doing this, but I'm not sure about how to do it. If you've done this before, what is your strategy? Do you start on one side, eating as you go? Or do you stop at some point in your walk around World Showcase, with each member of your party branching out to the surrounding countries to buy food, and then meeting back at a central location to eat together? I think we'd be interested in putting a meal together in order, like appetizers first, main/sides, dessert, etc. So, tell me...How do you do it? What do you get? Where do you eat it? I'd appreciate any suggestions!

We'll usually do the countries in order around the showcase. The time we're starting to tour world showcase determines which direction we go around. If we've already eaten lunch, we'll start with Mexico (usually with a churro) and proceed to Norway and around. If we're starting a country with lunch, we'll start with Canada (I forget what we eat there) and then get Fish & Chips in the UK for "lunch" as we continue eating.

We get mostly snack foods as we eat, a sweet pretzel or something similar in Norway (we're trying school bread our next trip), pot stickers or an egg roll in China, a bratwurst or a pretzel in Germany, tiramisu in Italy, a funnel cake in the US, sushi or shaved ice in Japan, falafel in Morocco, and a crepe in France.

I'm looking forward to what other people say because we're always open to new ideas. Our Epcot day is always when we eat the most food. Our best plans for this have been we eat a really light breakfast and then lunch and dinner is our eating around the world.

ChildAtHeart82, Thanks for sharing how you "eat around the world". Yeah, I'm leaning toward going around to the countries in order and eating that way vs. skipping around to get food. DS and I are excited about this; DH and DD not so much. I'm still interested in other ideas so I can get them on board too!

We sort of go in order, but not necissarily to every pavilion. We love the nachos and margaritas in Mexico, egg rolls and Cantaloupee in China, Bellini and Tiramisu or Canoli in Italy, Napolean and either Grey Goose or Grand Marnier Slush in France. I don't think you can go wrong in WS!

I did this the last time we went to WDW in 2006. popcorn:: There were three of us and we started in Mexico and then went around getting whatever appealed to us. In Mexico we had nachos and margaritas. In Italy, Norway, and France, we had desserts and drinks. In Germany, England, Morocco, China, and Japan, we got a CS meal and shared it. At the end, I wanted to puke :sick:, and yes, it was my idea in the first place :lmao:

This time, we'll be at Epcot several days ;)

We start in Mexico with margaritas and what ever they have food wise...I think last yr it was some chimichanga thing.....we just eat & drink what ever calls out to us in each land....and by the end, believe me, you are SO full of food and drink. That's when you find a nice, cozy spot and watch Illuminations!! :yay:
Have so much fun!!

One of my best memories of my last trip with just my husband (Nov. 2004) was of us "eating around the world". Literally, we were walking and eating, and it seemed like everyone else was doing the same thing. This was during F&W. We started in Canada and made our way to the other side. Sometimes we'd skip a pavillion if we didn't like thier offerings. I'll never forget walking around eating fish and chips and drinking hard cider.

My family tends to eat and drink, usually calling it the EPCOT Pub Crawl. Mexico is awesome for us and my sister (a vegetarian) loves the food in Morocco. We always ate dinner at Germany when we were little, but not anymore. The one thing we ALWAYS get is the pastries from France. They are amazing and we end up getting a bunch to share. Basically, we just walk around and eat all day! If you have kids, it is good to bring in their snacks, if they are picky, and letting them have a snack when you do. It is relaxing and everyone gets to eat.

We end up going to Epcot almost everyday during our WDW stays. It wasn't until joining the DIS boards and researching for our upcoming trip that I realized how much great food I was missing out on.

My plan for eating/drink around the world on this trip will be to go a little at a time, sharing CS meals and snacks with DH. Fish and Chips in England, Gelato in Italy, Crepe in France, Beer and Pretzel in Germany, Lamb sandwich in Morocco, Sushi in Japan, Egg roll in China, yada yada yada.

This will probably be over the course of partials days in Epcot... DH and I are serious eaters but trying to do it all at once would kill us!

When DW and I were there for our honeymoon, the Food and Wine Festival was going on and we ate even more food than usual. It was delicious, but it was so much food!

I never would have thought of doing this, but I'm definitely going to suggest it to my DH for our upcoming trip!

we tried eating around the world but it didn't really work out because we were stuffed by china! we only started in mexico!:rotfl2:

i'm going to try to do it better next year when we go, but it is tricky to do so don't get upset if you don't do it!

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your experiences! I guess this will be like a giant experiment. Wish we could go during Food & Wine, but the dates don't work for us. So, we'll have to create our own culinary festival! :thumbsup2

we tried eating around the world but it didn't really work out because we were stuffed by china! we only started in mexico!:rotfl2:

Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of! But there are 4 of us...I guess it'll be tricky ordering enough so that we're satisfied, but not so much that we fill up too fast. Then it'll be "gorging and rolling around the world" LOL! :lmao:

If you're anything like us, don't start in Mexico. Once we get to the Cava del Tequila there's no getting us out, LOL.

DH and I treat it the same way we do F&W. A drink here, a snack there...and we share so that we can enjoy more things. Have fun!

The first time we took our girls to EPCOT (then they were 6 and 10), we thought they would hate WS. We decided to have requirements for each country to make it interesting. We got them a passport for Kidcot, got a pressed penny at each stop and made them try a food from each country. DD6 was a very picky eater, unless it is sweet, so we ate several desserts. (Even in Morocco, which make DD6 cry because it was too weird.:sad2:) To cut down on costs and over eating, we would get one thing and share it. It worked out pretty well. They declared it their favorite WDW day.

When DD's were 8 and 12, we went during F&W and they really looked forward to eating around the world again. It was much more fun with the extra booths. Splitting one thing still worked okay. (DD8 still cried in Morocco. :mad:)

This year, DH and I went alone and planned to eat around the world, but we hadn't factored in our DxDP, so it didn't happen. :rolleyes1

When we go in the future, eating around the world is definitely part of the plan. :banana:

Next

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter