How do you do FEA without FPs?

starjazz

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I'm sure this has been hashed out, but I haven't been on the boards in a while so I thought I'd just ask for a recap.

Without FPs for Frozen Ever After, what is the process for getting it done? I assume there's some RD plan, or something that you've all figured out since the professionals are all on the DIS!

Thanks for helping me out!

Our experience:

We went at rope drop during a busy October week.

We walked back, even stopping for some photos.
Many folks were rushing past us doing their Olympic Speedwalking impressions.
Posted wait at 9:15 was 30 minutes. We waited 15.

I'm not saying this is the norm, just our experience.

In the past few months of my going to Epcot I've found the posted wait time for FEA is generally always inflated. We generally waited 15-20 minutes less than the posted wait. I've been able to find same day FP+ most days we're at Epcot, but that was just for me and my roommates. Going during Illuminations helps too. Your pricy option is to get a pre park opening breakfast at Akershus and be ready to walk right into FEA line at rope drop time once you're done enjoying your meal.

It'll be me, a 6 yo, 8 yo, and 9 yo. I bet we can boogie back there pretty quick! Thanks for the tips!

I've lucked out and walked up after it was broken and been within the first 20 to get into standby after reopen. You can't really plan for that.

We did FEA at rope drop on Jan 3rd, and we walked on. We weren't in the lead of the pack by any stretch either.

For those that went at rope drop, what attraction did you hit afterwards and what wait do you have?
For example, my sister and I will be going on Monday, March 6th and plan to be at front gate turnstiles by 8am to do FEA once park opens. Then we hope to ride Test Track (single rider if we have to) before a breakfast at GG at 9:45am. I am wondering it's possible.

For those that went at rope drop, what attraction did you hit afterwards and what wait do you have?
For example, my sister and I will be going on Monday, March 6th and plan to be at front gate turnstiles by 8am to do FEA once park opens. Then we hope to ride Test Track (single rider if we have to) before a breakfast at GG at 9:45am. I am wondering it's possible.
The only way this works is if you get out of FEA at 915 walk to TT 920 out of TT by 935 then walk over to GG 945. but I think this is very unlikely

if you do find you are out of FEA 915 or earlier go over to TT and ask the CM how long they think single rider line is ( and some times it dose not open when park opens)if they say 10 then you have to add 5 minute to the ride and at lest 10 minutes to walk to GG

I would see if you can not push your GG back some like 1030

Rope drop, closing, EMH and luck. Luck because you are going a busy time, because there will be PPO ADR folks already in the park and the ride OFTEN breaks down.

DS went at rope drop, sped to the attraction since no "baggage", non-busy day and arrived to a breaking down almost as fast as it opened. Something like 90 minute wait.

One of my last trips, two days in a row it was broken down for many hours. Problem then is FP+ folks are let in a greater pace than normal and SB stands still.

Patience and luck.

In the past few months of my going to Epcot I've found the posted wait time for FEA is generally always inflated. We generally waited 15-20 minutes less than the posted wait.

That was also common when the meet and greet was at MK. A CM told me when they advertised a wait time of 30 min or so the line would grow quick and would get up to 60 min or more before they had a chance to change the wait time. So they kept it inflated so people would not get upset that the sign said 30 min... One of those exceed expectation things. "hey the sign said 60 min but we were in and out in only 25min, it was awesome!!!"

An ignorant park goer is a happy one :D By ignorant I mean one who doesn't know any better, not to imply they are stupid. Though there are some of those.

Last edited:
For getting onto FEA with a minimal wait, I definitely recommend rope drop, especially if you're at a resort that allows for easy access to the International Gateway. One thing worth noting: on my last trip (January 11 - 16 2017), they were letting people walk all the way to the ride and get on even before the park was officially open. I've heard that some days this happens and some they don't, but I'd recommend getting there early in case this happens for you.

Have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter