How do you deal with NOT having a trip to plan?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
I honestly think my type A personality enjoys the planning just as much as the vacation itself. I'm going NUTS because we don't have another trip planned until the fall of 2010 :scared1: We're "doing" Dave Ramsey and getting out of debt, so another trip isn't in the budget for awhile.

So what do you do while you don't have a trip to plan? It's bumming me out!:rotfl:

it's bumming me out, too. i wish we could go back this year. :(

we rented a beach house for a weekend this summer, but it doesn't require as much excitement/planning/money as DL! wahh.

I know I just like to imagine planning my dream money is no object trip to the point of putting it down on paper and adding things it as I go.... I was in your position until a week ago my wonderful hubby (after I suggested it of course) agreed to a short trip in August for my 40th birthday, so I got lucky I really get to plan a fun trip not the dream trip but fun all the same!!! ;)

Been there. Well, actually - I AM there. We know we WANT to go in Feb '10 ....but it's not concrete. We USUALLY go to CA during the summer...or at least the AZ mountains...that too is not concrete. So even if I could plan something OTHER than DL....hmm..I can't. :confused:

My kids have b-days in the summer - I could plan that. I have ideas for a business... I could pour myself into that.

What I'm saying is Type A's ALWAYS could be organizing/creating/managing/planning...SOMETHING. It's just figuring out what it is. I highly suggest throwing yourself into that something. :thumbsup2

I honestly think my type A personality enjoys the planning just as much as the vacation itself. I'm going NUTS because we don't have another trip planned until the fall of 2010 :scared1: We're "doing" Dave Ramsey and getting out of debt, so another trip isn't in the budget for awhile.

So what do you do while you don't have a trip to plan? It's bumming me out!:rotfl:

This is perfect and very exciting. You have a great opportunity for planning your next trip. You can plan to reward yourself with a vacation after you have succeeded in getting out of debt.

You may not have an exact date you but the concept is the same. Debt free = vacation. Saving for your next trip can be part of your debt management plan. Good luck and start planning. You have my blessing. :goodvibes

I am always planning. Looking for new things to do and see and noting anything of interest. I have WDW and DLR covered and am always planning for the next trip. I have at least 10 dining plans and 20 things I need to do on my next trip.

I spend my time obsessing over other things. I make handbags or do some sort of craft or obsess over which colours to paint the house.
Then when there is any inkling of a trip coming up I start to plan. I have a whole bunch of planning files in my Travel folder for trips that never came off, but I might use them one day.

Try to take up a new hobby that doesn't cost money. I started this year logging on to my local library website, and reserving books on CD (or just books) to be sent to my local branch. I get a phone call a few days later, and they have my items on hold for me! It is wonderful. I use to just aimlessly look around the library, but now I am able to search online for my wishlist of books (right now I am really into cozy mysteries), and have them waiting for me the next time I go in. So that is a new hobby of mine that has given me hours of fun. I love Joanne Fluke mysteries--and the woman who reads her books on CD is great!

I actually figured out how to make tiny soft soled baby shoes. I should probably start making them and selling on etsy to put toward the Disney fund, yes?:lmao:

CSC_0249.jpg

this isnt a helpful reply at all, but hey, its how i do (lol)

if i dont currently have any plans in the works, i literally sulk until one materializes (my hubby can sense when it has been too long, *** i am less chipper, and well....i refuse to talk/watch/engage in anything DIsney)

this isnt a helpful reply at all, but hey, its how i do (lol)

if i dont currently have any plans in the works, i literally sulk until one materializes (my hubby can sense when it has been too long, *** i am less chipper, and well....i refuse to talk/watch/engage in anything DIsney)

Trust me, I've BEGGED for a winter 09 trip, but he's firm in his decision. I understand the importance of being out of debt, but we can do a budget trip for under $2000. I already have $400 saved as well.

Our goals this year are to pay off the credit cards (done) and pay off the cars (not done LOL!).

In the mean time, I'm saving cash from every paycheck, putting coins in a bucket and stashing leftover grocery cash in the Disney fund so that when next year comes, the trip is essentially paid for and he'll have NO excuses!:rotfl:

I actually figured out how to make tiny soft soled baby shoes. I should probably start making them and selling on etsy to put toward the Disney fund, yes?:lmao:

CSC_0249.jpg

Ohhh those are adorable! I say put those on Etsy!

I'm a type A planner crazy person too and even though we have gone so many times we don't need to plan, I do it anyways. :laughing:

But when we don't have an upcoming trip I just read the Dis and find other things to obsess over. I haven't found anything yet though. :confused3 ;)

I was in your boat a while ago (planning a Jan 2010 trip and started planning this past august 2008 for DW!):scared1:

I was pretty much dying! :lmao:

I read tons of Disney books, went through all of the menus on allears.net, made different scenarios up (which resort, which room, for how much), etc,etc, etc!!!

I love planning, now my trip isn't too far away!

I understand too.

We are taking a trip this summer, just not back to Disneyland. We bought AP's last summer and have made two more trips down (we are from Seattle area) this past winter and spring. But, I really, really want to make it one more trip. I just cannot find the right time to plan it and make it work.

I can't really complain, we are going to Hawaii for 2 weeks this summer, but I honestly really miss Disneyland and it has only been since March 8th that we were there!

There is something about planning a Disneyland trip that is so much fun!

So, instead for now I will just hang out on these boards and live vicariously through everyone else and their planning and trip reports.

I am in the same place...we just returned from our amazing 10 night trip, and i am already wishing i could go back...i know for sure that may 2013 we are going for my youngest dd's grad, but i need to go back once before then...problem is my youngest dd plays on a travelling soccer team and we are travelling to italy in 2011 and that is going to be many $$$$$....DL is just too much fun....

there is no hope for WDW in our future (which will change once we have employment again) but DIsneyland is (fortunately) not that expensive for us right now

we aer still young and dont really wanna sacrifice too much for a better credit score...we know its important, and we try not to make it worse, but we are still *invincible* for the time being (not realistically, metaphorically)

todzwife, those slippers are sooooo cute!!!!!!! I want a pair for my granddaughter!!!! :) I think you should definitely sell them somewhere!!!

Well, we were APless for about 6 months, it sucked but I came here and made some GREAT friends and tried to figure out how to get back and what I wanted to do when I got back. It was great fun and I imagine that's what I will do when my current AP expires in Jan. :)

instead of getting excited about disney make it a big deal to pay off the debt. Make a list of the order you plan on paying it off. Then as you get to mark one off as paid off/gone take a date night or a fun date. Have a small but exciting thing to look forward to. Plus it can be a count down to when you get to start planning disney. Perhaps that might drive you a little faster to pay it as you watch the list go down getting you closer to disney. After this summer I will be in the same situation but we can't go until September 2011. It's gonna drive me crazy but I have a list of 7 bills all less than $400 each to get paid off. Then I know as soon as I get this done I can begin my trip planning! Something I should have done this year instead of traveling but made a deal with my DH. Get to go this year but can't go till 2011 after my 7 bills are paid off. (We got behind when he got ill from his CML but it doing great now....I used it as an excuse to get away with going on a vacation instead of paying the debt...Now I'm doing the right thing:)

OMG. Do you know how much I PAID for Robeez back when DS was a baby!?!?!?! You could make a steal on those!!! I heart etsy BTW. :lovestruc

Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...Do it...!!!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter