How do you carry your stuff??

Surgie

Mouseketeer
What have you found as the best way to carry your things in the parks? There will be all adults in our group so I don't need snacks and diapers. Our camera is tiny so can slip in a pocket but I still need reading glasses, park tickets, hand-wipes (for the germophobe in me:) etc. I refuse to do the fanny pack thing and would love to go "hands free" so not sure what my options are - a backpack seems too cumbersome. Any ideas??

Best way I have found is a small Aqua backpack... THe ones with the two litre water pouch. but it is also a small backpack, about 1/4 of the size of normal ones, They are designed to distribute the weight so even when it is full it feels like nothing. If I really need extra space I take the resevoir out and use the extra pocket

BAGGELINI! It holds so much great stuff and it's very compact & comfy!

And I just got back- all adults and I am so glad I packed snacks! Beef Jerky, pringles small paks, almonds, water bottles, off wipes, dramamine, crystal light packs for water fountain water! etc.

This is why the good people at the clothing company made cargo shorts. Seriously, you can hold a lot of stuff, look stylish, and also not have to stop at the bag check point on your way into the parks.

I never carry bags, and just keep everything in my cargo shorts pockets (camera, tickets, wallet/money/credit cards, etc...)...

We use those drawstring sport back pouch thingies. I got them at Modell's. They were about $10 each and I also put 2 coats of scotchguard on them. They hold a lot of stuff and they're also easy open/easy close for those lovely checkpoints upon entering the parks.

I used to carry a fanny back but did not like it much so I bought the Disney tote (black with the words Disney World spelled out in characters) from one of the shops and I love it. It has a large zipper compartment, a velcro area and another small zippered area.

It is great when you want to bring a sweatshirt, change of socks, leftover snacks, small purchases.

I was thinking about getting this bag: (the mini one)

M47991_Powder_Blue.jpg

It's only 9"x 6 1/2" so I think it would be prefect for holding our camera and tickets.

I use a photojournalist vest. Lots of roomy pockets and good weight distribution.

~YEKCIM

I used my Baggallini sling bag on my last trip. It holds LOTS of stuff and almost everything is easily reachable. You can just pull it in front of you and dig. You can also have it sit next to you on some rides without taking it completely off. I really liked my bag and I was able to keep my camera, a bottle of sunscreen (in a plastic baggie), my Nintendo DS and it's games, water bottle with Crystal Light and Kool-Aid packets, wallet, and small souvies that I didn't send to the front of the park.

The drawbacks are that its only designed to sit on your right sholder and you can't put it on your left. If you're not used to carrying it, it will make your sholder sore. It also tends to slide to your left hip so you have to keep tugging it back into place. But I still use my Baggallini for daily use because it fits soooo much stuff in it.

Last year we used the Baggalini messanger bag, and while it was great as far as being organized, it just wasn't very comfortable to carry. The size was great though...I only had to take it off on a couple of rides, mostly I was able to leave it across my shoulder which was nice.
This year we are trying one of the Overland bags. It also has room for all our things, but yet not too big. I am guessing that I'll be able to keep it on for most of the rides. The other thing that I really like about this bag is the fact that it has a pocket on each side to hold water bottles.
Good luck finding something...there are tons of bags out there!

Gymsacks are great! You don't have those huge shoulder straps to make you hot, and are relatively small. Also, when not in use or on the trip there you can squish them up and stick them anywhere. We had a Nike one that kept all of our stuff dry on the inside despite the fact that the outside of the bag was soaked. Kinda like Adidas clima-cool stuff, it wicks the water away. They operate on a drawstring and you hardly notice they're there.

Note: I saw too, too, too many people with these draped over their shoulders without the drawstring pulled close and they were very vulnerable to theft. However, if someone tries to get into your gymsack while the drawstrings are closed, you will notice immediately.

gymsack.jpg

My mom had an LSU bag that was a drawstring. It was nice to have, but she always needed help to get it on and off, and also needed someone else to dig stuff out of it so she wouldn't have to take it off. Maybe if it was broken in better before we left, it wouldn't have been so difficult.

I was thinking about getting this bag: (the mini one)

M47991_Powder_Blue.jpg

It's only 9"x 6 1/2" so I think it would be prefect for holding our camera and tickets.

I have the large version of this bag, and it's great! There is a place to put everything! I'm going to have to look in to getting a mini version, too!

I used a Travelon messenger bag that I ordered online. It comes in a few sizes and colors. I loved it!!

Best way I have found is a small Aqua backpack... THe ones with the two litre water pouch. but it is also a small backpack, about 1/4 of the size of normal ones, They are designed to distribute the weight so even when it is full it feels like nothing. If I really need extra space I take the resevoir out and use the extra pocket

Where do you find the Aqua backpack? I was going to take a backpack, but I am worried about some of the water rides. I need to keep my camera dry. We are going in October so I am not worried about being hot.

I have a few back pack purse that I always take with me, they are smaller than a reg back pack, but have room for that I need.

Waist pack from Old Navy! I'm 26 and not ashamed! :cutie:
I have 2 young kids and I don't like having to worry about a pack slipping off my shoulder or hitting me in the head when I bend over. (Which is a lot with little ones.) I can get everything I need in there. (I've tried the pack and may go back some day, but not right now!)

I just decided to throw fashion sense to the wind and do what's comfortable. I wear my dorky belt pack and my dorky hat, but I don't care because I'm having so much fun. :)

I was able to find a relatively small belt pack at a sporting goods store. It's big enough to hold my camera and a few other small items, and it has a soft-lined sunglasses compartment. I prefer it to a backpack because it doesn't get all sweaty on my back in the hot FL sun.

Besides, I don't look any goofier than Goofy!

49753528_5a58f85708.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter