How do you buy groceries for your room

I used wegoshop.com for 7 years/visits and recommended them. Last year I had horrible customer service and cancelled my order. I went with garden grocer and was very happy. I have already ordered from Garden Grocer for this years trip as well.

Sometimes we drive or take the auto train and have our car so we shop at Winn Dixie. On the trips that we fly down we use Garden Grocer and have been completely satisfied with them.

WE always fly for a 10 day stay and use DME . We use Garden Grocer for our first main stock up and then just supplement with Disney's own market area within the resort we are staying at. We have never had a problem with garden Grocer and we usually have 200.00 or so on that first delivery.

We pack a box on non perishables, like cereal, snacks, sunflower seed butter (peanut allergy) and ship it down. If we want to cook, we order groceries to be delivered. Even having the snacks and breakfast food saves us money.

So if I've got this right, ...
  • GG is a 'closed list' -- you pick from their limited selection of items. Can't specify Organic produce or make up your own list?
  • WegoShop will shop any store for you and charges "receipt + list of fees"
Is this a fair breakdown? I only gave a quick glance to both websites -- hoping to find a reasonable alternative to Whole Foods Market. As it is, the $30 flat rate fee from WFM isn't looking bad now.

• GG is a 'closed list' -- you pick from their limited selection of items. Can't specify Organic produce or make up your own list?
Is this a fair breakdown? I only gave a quick glance to both websites -- hoping to find a reasonable alternative to Whole Foods Market. As it is, the $30 flat rate fee from WFM isn't looking bad now.

We rent a car for $30, shop where we want, when we want, eat off-site, tip ourselves, never have any order issues and I know that the food went from store to room refrigerator and didn't sit in someones trunk or luggage room.

:earsboy: Bill

We rent a car for $30, shop where we want, when we want, eat off-site, tip ourselves, never have any order issues and I know that the food went from store to room refrigerator and didn't sit in someones trunk or luggage room.

Thanks, Bill -- but I'm not adverse to a delivery service over losing time dealing with the rental car, etc. I do prefer the delivery service idea and have had no complaints using WFM ... I just don't get why so many folks seem to prefer WeGo and GG? (Granted, most shoppers aren't as particular as I am insisting on a wide selection of produce that are non-GMO, organic.)

I used GG once and Wegoshop twice. Both were excellent. I like GG because it has a list to pick sizes from, but I think Wegoshop is cheaper. With GG there was an item sold out, so they skipped it. With Wegoshop they picked an alternate for me. I'd use either one again, but plan to use Wegoshop in November.

Thanks, Bill -- but I'm not adverse to a delivery service over losing time dealing with the rental car, etc. I do prefer the delivery service idea and have had no complaints using WFM ... I just don't get why so many folks seem to prefer WeGo and GG? (Granted, most shoppers aren't as particular as I am insisting on a wide selection of produce that are non-GMO, organic.)

Different strokes for different folks. We tried all of the delivery services, had an issue with each along the way and decided that taking a break from the parks for a off-site restaurant/grocery run works for us. We can pick up anything that we forgot to pack, love the Publix Deli Fried Chicken, (we order ahead), can shop Walmart or Costco if we need to. Always rent from Alamo at the Dolphin, get an upgrade and additional discount, in and out in no time.

I drive, so we often make a grocery stop in Gainsville for perishables in addition to a Rubbermaid container of dry goods.
But I don't "carry" then into the room, I have a folding 2-wheel luggage dolly, so I push my groceries into my room ;)

We have used GG several times and the list they have is very large and includes all types of items. I think we like it because for us it is easier to just go thru and click versus creating a grocery list. Having said that we may try WeGoShop next time just to try it out. I know one thing, for a large list like we have(a weeks worth) for 6-10 people we would never use Disney, they are just to expensive except for the few items we forgot to order or run out of...smjj

Thanks so much for the info. We've always rented a car in the past but the rates were crazy when i looked at them for our trip in January. Looks like the delivery services will be a good option.

Yes, you have it right. I used we go shop several years ago and loved it. I preferred picking what market they shop at, I went through the flyer online and picked what I wanted. When you place the order you can specify what brands you want. You get whatever the price is if it is buy one get one free you get that. I thought there service fee was very reasonable

We fly, rent a car and stop at Publix on our way to the resort. We love having breakfast items, sandwich supplies, fresh fruit, etc. in our room. Oh yes, we also get wine. :)

Thanks so much for the info. We've always rented a car in the past but the rates were crazy when i looked at them for our trip in January. Looks like the delivery services will be a good option.

The car rental rates can change daily...sometimes twice daily. I can usually end up getting Dollar mid size Sat. to Sat. for $130 all in. Alamo also has an annual passholder discount and good discounts for Costco members.

Groceries - Hess (now Speedway) on arrival day for a quick pick up of bottled water and a bottle of wine or beer...maybe a sandwich. Next day is Publix...we fill our empty rolling suitcases to bring up to the room.

When we drive we bring stuff or stop at Goodings. Flying, a couple times I brought stuff in luggage and just grabbed milk at resort store. Once we ordered fro We Go shop and they were great. One other time we used the resort grocery order form and a couple things were not available (found out with a note left in room when we arrived). We don't eat in our room really (maybe breakfast) so we don't need a lot of things and I am happy with just bringing some stuff with me (can pack water bottles, coffee, splenda, granola bars, muffins, etc).

Wegoshop has a $100 gift certificate for $75 on their website, but it must be used after a month out. I made a sample list, then compared the fees, etc. Garden grocer was going to cost more than double the cost of Wegoshop. We used them once before with no issues, we'll stick with them until we have an issue.

Wegoshop has a $100 gift certificate for $75 on their website, but it must be used after a month out. I made a sample list, then compared the fees, etc. Garden grocer was going to cost more than double the cost of Wegoshop. We used them once before with no issues, we'll stick with them until we have an issue.

I was just getting ready to put in an order with Wegoshop for our October trip. Where do you see this?

ETA: Never mind, I found it.

Garden Grocer too, depending on your arrival date, 10-30-60 days out, also seems to have or had when I just ordered, a % discount. I got a 10% discount but 60 days out was like 10-20% off I believe... but they have a 40 minimum order too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter