How Do You Activate the IPhone?

DisneyFan32WI

Grumpy Cat
Verizon is completely shut down for the day, and my teenage daughters both received IPhone 5S phones for Christmas. They were supposed to be activated for us today automatically, but that didn't happen. Is there something simple we are supposed to do on our end that will activate them? if not, they can always wait until tomorrow when customer service is available.

Verizon is completely shut down for the day, and my teenage daughters both received IPhone 5S phones for Christmas. They were supposed to be activated for us today automatically, but that didn't happen. Is there something simple we are supposed to do on our end that will activate them? if not, they can always wait until tomorrow when customer service is available.

If you already have a verizon account you should be able to do it on line

I tried to do it online, but I got an error message saying that this line already has gone through recent changes and cannot be altered.

I think I will just wait until tomorrow. I don't want to be frustrated on Christmas. LOL.

My Ds' came with a book and it told you how to activate. Had to turn off old and new phone. Call the number, it was automated, answer a question or two and that was it. Took about 10 minutes for the phone to activate after the call.

If they were pre-activated through Verizon you should just be able to follow the steps on the phone when you turn it on.

It took me a hour to get DS's Iphone4 working with Virgin Mobile yesterday.

The rep. tried to tell me it was already activated with another phone #.

Finally we got it all figured out.

I attempted to activate it online before I called. Got transferred a couple of times too.

:)

I have a question as well… I currently have an iPhone 4 & got an iPhone 5s for Christmas today. When I got my iPhone 4 I lost all my contacts from my blackberry. I'm afraid of losing all my contacts again. Can I just bring my iPhone 5s into any local verizon wireless store & have them transfer all my contacts, apps and such to the new iPhone? Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

I am in no way an expert, but I just got a 5c and DH uploaded everything on my old phone to the computer, then put it all onto my new phone. Just not sure how he did it. I think it has something to do with iTunes.

I have a question as well… I currently have an iPhone 4 & got an iPhone 5s for Christmas today. When I got my iPhone 4 I lost all my contacts from my blackberry. I'm afraid of losing all my contacts again. Can I just bring my iPhone 5s into any local verizon wireless store & have them transfer all my contacts, apps and such to the new iPhone? Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

If you have the automated backup activated on the old phone then you should be ok.

I ended up doing the live chat this morning with Verizon and she activated the phones in just a minute. The only bad thing is that none of the contacts or pics transferred. She said I had to go to a Verizon store to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter