How do we get DVC to light the path from OKW to DD

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
Wouldn't it be nice to have the pathways from OKW to DD lit? Sometimes getting a bus from DD is impossible, the boat from OKW to DD is full and you don't feel like waiting. What's your vote on this idea?

I suppose if OKW is aware of large numbers of guests using the walkway during the day, they would consider such a project (with an appropriate dues increase). I suspect that even if lighted, the potential cost would result in an underutilized facility. I have used the walkway many times and feel that if it is truly to be upgraded for nighttime travel, it will involve far more than just lighting- new pavement and possibly even canal improvements like at BWV may also be needed.
I'm not sure where the complaints about the OKW/DD bus transport originate, since I have never experienced any significant waits from either location.
It will be interesting to see if use of the walkway would ever reach a point where any consideration would be given to provide lighting. Good question!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

HOw to light the walkway? Carry a flashlight! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist a little teasing. I think it might spoil the embiance of the resort if they had a great white way to DD!! :)

Disneydiane

Hi,

I have been a member since 93 and have never seen a walkway between OKW and DD - how do you get to it - is it infested with mosquitos???

Lisa

The walk way goes from between buildings 53/54 and follows the canal to the back of DD. If you follow to the left at the end, you come to the back of Rainforest Cafe, if you follow to the right, you can cross the CDC parking lot and be in PI. It takes about 10 minutes and is not bug infested in December. We don't travel much in the summer, and I didn't take the path in September.

Disneydiane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter