How do they determine boarding number?

ajjcarlin

Earning My Ears
Does it have to do with completing online check in? Maybe party size? Just curious

As PP said, boarding number is directly tied to your PAT - so a PAT of 11-11:30am will have a lower boarding number than someone with PAT of 1-1:30pm. However, how they determine who within that 11-11:30am PAT gets 3-4-5-6, etc. is anyone's guess. Seems to be somewhat random and pre-assigned, and not just a "first-come, first-checked in gets lowest number" sort of thing (no need to elbow to the front of the 11am group to be first check-in).

Enjoy your cruise!

We had a PAT of 11:30 to 12, my mom 12-12:30, and sister 1:30. We all arrived at the same time. We were boarding #6, my mom #14, and sis # 26.

As PP said, boarding number is directly tied to your PAT - so a PAT of 11-11:30am will have a lower boarding number than someone with PAT of 1-1:30pm. However, how they determine who within that 11-11:30am PAT gets 3-4-5-6, etc. is anyone's guess. Seems to be somewhat random and pre-assigned, and not just a "first-come, first-checked in gets lowest number" sort of thing (no need to elbow to the front of the 11am group to be first check-in).

Enjoy your cruise!

Exactly right. You will get to select your PAT if you do your online check in before hand. That is first come first serve, so I would try to do that as early as you can to get the time you want. Enjoy your cruise!

So how does it work if you are concierge? This is my first time cruising with DCL also and booked a one bedroom.

So how does it work if you are concierge? This is my first time cruising with DCL also and booked a one bedroom.

Platinum and Concierge don't select a Port Arrival Time. They may arrive at their convenience and if boarding hasn't begun, they will be boarding groups 1 (concierge) and 2 (platinum). If boarding has begun, they can board at their convenience.

Platinum and Concierge don't select a Port Arrival Time. They may arrive at their convenience and if boarding hasn't begun, they will be boarding groups 1 (concierge) and 2 (platinum). If boarding has begun, they can board at their convenience.

Thank you for the information.

We had an 11:00 PAT, got there a little after 11 and there were already a ton of people already there but they put us in boarding group 3.

We had an 11:00 PAT, got there a little after 11 and there were already a ton of people already there but they put us in boarding group 3.

That is an example of the fact that your boarding number is tied to your PAT and not when you arrive at the port. Most of the people who were there before you may have had later PATs and had to wait a while to board after you did.

I had a PAT of 11:30 and we were there at 11. I got a #8. Infact, no one checked it when I boarded either come to think of it.

I asked when we cruised in february and was told it was based on when your reservation was booked. It made sense as there were other Disers there who also had the 11:00 port arrival time but they were in group 12 and we were 3. We booked on board back in 2011.

First can't do it until 100 % paid. Then DCL gives date you can start calling.

We had 11.00 check in Galveston. We were part of the first 100 people their. Two rooms Daughter checked in at one station, Wife an i cheched in at different station, we were linked and were given same boarding group, 5.

Galveston physical set up is different but DCL game is the same. They use the same computer program. We got their first time about 9.30 am we drove up to drop bags and 4 of the five in car, decided to come back and took ride out by beach killed about hour. We felt looking at all of the people going in opposite direct may be to much chance of baggage geting misplaced.

Came back 10.30 much better, drove right up unloaded, porter took tagged checked bags and i went and parked car at pre paid lot two blocks away. Had shuttle to bring me back. 15 mins tops. They will not let you walk in untill whole group is ready to enter becuse first stations is customs. Not a problem, came back and daughter had found fellow teacher from home and two groups were discussing DCL. From their to our rooms at 1.45 we did not stop.

How about rooms that are linked with one platinum and one gold and another silver?:confused3

Platinum will have boarding group #2. The other rooms will have the boarding number assigned to them based on their PAT. If you all want to board together, the platinums will have to wait with the others and use the highest boarding group number assigned. It's the same with booking Palo, excursions and the spa. Each level has to wait for their appropriate window to make their own reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter