• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do reservations look?

ski070880

Earning My Ears
This will be the first time ever to Disney. It will be me, wife , 9,7,6 yr old boys and 20 month girl. We are arriving March 8 and leaving march 15. We are also on the Deluxe dinning plan and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. The kids have no clue we are going, so planning is even more difficult. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

8th arriving around 3PM

Dinner Planet hollywood
going to extra hrs at mk after

9th
B-Fast: Playhouse play n dine 10:05

Dinner: Mama Rossa 5:55
folowed by Fanta show at 8:30

10th
B-Fast: Crystal Palace 8:15

Dinner: Hoop-de-Doo 5:00

11th
Dinner: Royal TAble 4:15

12th
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe 5:10

13th
B-Fast: Chef Mickey 11:15

14th
Lunch: Corral Reef: 12:30

Dinner: Chip-n-dale's feast 7:35

15th LEAving early in AM

Thanks

I think they all look good. The only thing I would say is that I'd never book two sit-down meals in one day (as you have on your last full day). They take up a LOT of time that you might prefer spending on a "greatest hits" tour, which is what we do on our last day- we choose our most favorite attractions and visit them one last time.
Also I would strongly recommend that you go back to your hotel for a rest during the afternoon. The older kids can swim for while while the baby takes a nap or simply has some down time. It will make a huge difference!

I WOULD RECONSIDER PLANET HOLLYWOOD, I LIKE IT THERE , BUT IT IS VERY VERY NOISY. SINCE YOU WILL JUST BE ARRIVING AROUNG 3 ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BE DOING A RESERVATION OTHER THEN AT YOUR RESORT NOT SURE WHERE YOU ARE STAYING? I WOULD MAYBE DO A DINNER RESERVATION AT YOUR RESORT THEN HAVE A LITTLE TIME TO RELAX BEFORE GOING TO THE PARKS.:goodvibes

SORRY JUST SAW THAT YOU WILL BE AT PORT ORLEANS, I WOULD REALLY CONSIDER DOING YOUR FIRST DINNING RESERVATION THERE! EVEN MORE SO THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS ONLY 20 MONTHS OLD PLANET HOLLYWOOD TO ME WOULD BE TO MUCH FOR A LITTLE ONE HER AGE. HOPE THIS HELPS! :yay:

I would also skip Planet Hollywood. It is just not that great and more travel time after you have just arrived. What about the Plaza in MK, or one of the restaurants at the Poly before EMH and then catch the monorail to MK. I don't do the Dining Plan, so I don't know how many credits you are talking here. Have a great trip!

My comments in Pink

This will be the first time ever to Disney. It will be me, wife , 9,7,6 yr old boys and 20 month girl. We are arriving March 8 and leaving march 15. We are also on the Deluxe dinning plan and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. The kids have no clue we are going, so planning is even more difficult. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

8th arriving around 3PM

Dinner Planet hollywood I would do Boatwrights at POR here or a monorail dinner--Grand Floridian Cafe is awesome.
going to extra hrs at mk after

9th
B-Fast: Playhouse play n dine 10:05 The food really is not good here.

Dinner: Mama Rossa 5:55
folowed by Fanta show at 8:30

10th
B-Fast: Crystal Palace 8:15

Dinner: Hoop-de-Doo 5:00 How fun!

11th
Dinner: Royal TAble 4:15 Great choice!

12th
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe 5:10

13th
B-Fast: Chef Mickey 11:15 I assume you aren't going anywhere until later that day?

14th
Lunch: Corral Reef: 12:30 Some don't like this one. I love it!

Dinner: Chip-n-dale's feast 7:35 This is really late and you are leaving early the next morning? I might would have the Coral Reef lunch and this one earlier if possible.

15th LEAving early in AM

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter