How Do I use Disney Gift Cards On Our Trip?

wizneather78

Mouseketeer
I know this has been asked a gazillion times, but I've had a revelation.

Sam's Club has $150 (pack of 3 $50) offered for $142.98. If I use my Disney Visa to purchase, I'll save even more by earning reward dollars. Basically, $150 in Disney dollars will only cost $141.55. Ok, so that's my plan....to purchase enough for our food and souvernirs.

So, here's my question. We are normally a "cash family" for vacations, but if this method saves us a nice buck, I'm open to it. What's the easiest way to use $1,000+ in gift cards on our trip? Can I load them to our room/magic bands when we check in? Just use them one by one throughout our days?

Anyone have personal experience with this? (good & bad!!!)

Thanks! :earsgirl:

We take advantage of those deals all the time. I don't think you can add them to Magic Bands, but I could be wrong. We just use the gift cards for everything, from resorts to dining to shopping. Its a great way to save a little money. We use them in conjunction with the annual pass discounts, too.

You can make your purchases with your magic band if you have a credit card on file. You can then go to the front desk each evening and pay off the balance using the giftcards. This saves you from having to carry them everywhere.

Well since they don't take Visa, I can get around that by purchasing Master Card gift cards or a prepaid Master Card by using my Disney Visa elsewhere.

Or even easier and to avoid activation fees, I could purchase a walmart gift card with my Disney visa and use that at Sams club! There's easy ways to get around the no Visa use at Sams.

I use Disney gift cards to pay off my room before I leave home, also charge everything to my room and then apply the gift cards to the room charges before I check out.

Right now my local grocery (Giant Eagle) is giving 20¢ off a gallon of gas for every $50 in Disney gift cards bought, and Chase Freedom is giving 5% back on grocery store charges (up to $1500 in charges) so I am buying some for my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter