How Do I Surprise the kids?

reefer2005

Mouseketeer
We booked a week at WL during our spring break here in OK. I have a 11yr old DD and a 5yr old DS. They haven't been told about the trip. I was thinking about ordering a couple of the Disney World 2014 t-shirts from the disney store. Getting the kids up the morning of the trip and have them get dressed to go see grandma and have the shirts laid out for them to put on. I think they would get the idea. Do you guys have any other good suggestions on how to surprise the kids?

Thanks...

We are surprising our kids with the next trip. I'm not telling them until we are going to leave for the airport! I think the shirts are a great idea! I might have to add those too:goodvibes I've heard of people doing a scavenger hunt or opening gifts leading to the last one revealing Disney..

I helped my sister plan a Rapunzel reveal. We got yellow yarn and strung it through the house and it ended at the van that was packed full of goodie bags for the trip and a sign. It was a lot of fun.

Those are both good ideas, thanks. The hardest part I think is going to be for me to keep a secret that long... Lol

I am surprising our kids on my DD's birthday. It has been VERY hard to keep the secret. Because it is her birthday I wrapped everything up. First I got her a few Disney t-shirts/star wars T-shirts. I plan on having her open that first. Then I wrapped a $50 Disney GC. I got her a Disneyland travel book and wrapped that. Then I wrapped a photo copy of the bus tickets from Maine to Logan Airport. A separate package is a photo copy of our plane tickets and photo pass card and lastly, I photo copied the hotel room reservations. I am so excited to see her face because I don't think she will get it right away but when she gets it she is really going to flip!! I am also going to be a little sly all day. Make her Mickey pancakes for breakfast, make her a Mickey birthday cake. Considering I am Disney obsessed I know she will just roll her eyes and think her mom is crazy and not really get the theme until it is all over. :)

We are surprising our kids next month. OMG it has been so hard not to tell them.

Anyway, since we are going w/ my parents/sister we have two of the Mickey drives that they send out before your trip. I am wrapping those up along with the Magic Bands and Disney gift cards for them to open. The day we leave, they are actually going to school and we will be picking them up at 12:30 for a "doctor's appointment." Then we will go to my sister's (who lives on the way to the airport and the doctor) real quick to pick something up. They will get their surprise there and we will head to the airport from her house.

We surprised our kids with one trip by waking them up and saying, "Get your clothes on! We are headed to the airport for Disney!". We had packed their backpacks while they slept. Took a few minutes before they believed us!

We surprised our kids with one trip by waking them up and saying, "Get your clothes on! We are headed to the airport for Disney!". We had packed their backpacks while they slept. Took a few minutes before they believed us!

We are doing this too... in 2 weeks! Waking her up with "Get dressed, hurry. We are going on a plane ride!" When she wakes up a tiny bit more then we are going to tell her that we are headed to Disney World for her birthday." I really cant wait. We have almost told her a couple of times.

I can't believe I've kept it a secret this long. Plus at least once a week one of the two kids asks when we are going to WDW again.

i just dont think i could do it. i admire you all who plan surprises, but..well..i like the kids being involved in the planning and dancing with me!:banana::banana:

We are doing this too... in 2 weeks! Waking her up with "Get dressed, hurry. We are going on a plane ride!" When she wakes up a tiny bit more then we are going to tell her that we are headed to Disney World for her birthday." I really cant wait. We have almost told her a couple of times.

Be sure to video tape her reaction as you wake her up!

I think I know what I'm going to do. I just recently had to take a business trip to Phoenix. I think I'll tell the kids I have to go on another and that mom and they are going to take me to the airport to see me off. When we get there I'll tell them how much I wish they could come with me cause we're really all going to DISNEY !!!!...right now!!!

Then we'll break out some Disney shirts and stuff for the kids.

We surprised our DS a couple of years ago. We told him he had a morning doctor appointment with a new doctor (since our previous doc changed offices, this made perfect sense to DS), so we were taking him out of school for the morning and then taking him out for lunch. We told him as we were pulling into airport parking, and he didn't believe us until we were pulling into Pop Century's parking lot. Best surprise ever!

My DS4 is a numbers and planning kid (I think he's inheriting my OCD). We do countdowns for everything (Christmas, next time we go to Grandma's, when we go back to preschool, etc.). So we have decided to tell him in a similar way the week before we go. He doesn't respond well to spontaneous surprises so this allows us to surprise him but also give him a little time to adjust and prepare. We are getting a huge box and stuffing it with balloons and wrapping it. When he opens it at his 5th birthday party the balloons will fly up and leave a sign floating in front of his face stating that we will be going to Disney in 7 days! It's sad how long I've been planning on this and as we get closer the anticipation is killing me. I don't know how I'm going to last another 5 months!

20 days to go here!

We have decided to tell them a little sooner though b/c the logisitics of getting school work ahead of time, 3 dogs to the kennel and them up at 4:30 in the morning (we changed our flight to an earlier time) to head out is a little overwhelming!

I made a paper chain out of Disney scrapbooking paper and princess stickers. Put it in a box and the girls pulled it out and knew we were counting down to Disney! We have as a Christmas gift and leave in 6 days- I think it was 33 links. Came really cute and for a 4 and 2 yr old they "got it".

We did a little scavenger hunt for our boys last year - straight after breakfast - it took about 5 minutes.
There were about 5 picture clues (they were 4 & not fast readers) and they ended in my closet finding their Buzz suitcases, plush Mickeys and "We're going to Disneyworld today" tshirts.

This time we need to leave home at 5am so we are going to wake them up to the Jungle Book Groove and when they come out of their bedrooms they'll see their Buzz cases & new Tshirts!! Can't wait!!!!!

:dance3::dance3::cheer2:I just revealed the surprise to my girls last night dd8 & dd9. I told them I was making a fancy dinner, so I had Mickey plates to eat dinner. The girls had no idea. I then asked them to decorate the table with confetti. They loved it, we ate dinner. Then I gave them gift bags with a bunch of Disney items, kazoos, pencil sharpeners, puzzles, Disney candy. They had no idea. I told them it was just a little token of thanks for doing so good in school. The last item was a tank top with a Minnie mouse head all blinged out. They STILL had no idea. I gave them 2 more things. I had a mickey face mask (from park city) and under it was a Minnie Mouse eraseable board. I wrote on it Disney Trip In August. They were screaming. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: They loved it.

Whatever you decide I'm sure its gonna be great. :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter