• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I plan ADR's without park hours?

DjdBrit

DIS Veteran
How do I plan ADR's without park hours?

I am going in May and WDW have yet to release park hours. Do I just guess at random days?

I'd look at the 2008 park hours and plan from that if your 180 days is coming up. Chances are that 2009 hours will be very similar for the same time frame.

Disney is usually pretty good about putting the park hours out at around 6 months ahead of time. Since you can make ADR's at the 180 day mark - you should be in good shape. Of course, rumors abound as to the new ADR dining window that Disney is working on and the time frame that will be in place in the future :confused3

Don't worry. You will not be able to book May dining reservations until some time in December.

May 09 hours are not yet out. We will be travelling saturday to Sunday and are on the dining plan so making ADR"s is import. Plus we are a group of 6.
I have alreday guessed at days to go to Chef Mickeys and have that ADR already and by tomorrow should have CRT. I guess my question is since these are harder ones to get whats the best plan or course of action. I am such a worry wort and want our trip to be perfect, I have read so much on how planning is the key to it all..... Ahh

Because CRT is so hard to get, you don't usually get a lot of choices as to times. If you want breakfast, I would pick a day that probably won't have morning EMH and try for the 8am seating. If you can't get that then I would try for the last breakfast seating so you can get some rides in after RD. If you want lunch, I would try for whatever time is closest to when you usually eat lunch. If you belong to either touringplans.com or TGM, review those websites for the best days to go to MK to determine which day to make your ADR. Good luck!

We actually had the park hours and EMH change on us a couple of weeks before we went in Oct. There was nothing we could do about it so I just rolled with the punches. But this is very unusual.

I'm in the same boat as you- waiting for May hours to plan our ADRs. I already have CM and CRT booked, but I'm getting antsy about the rest. I have to say this same thing happened when I was waiting for October hours and they weren't posted for a while and then they didn't post the EMH until close to the middle of the month.

I called on 11-4 for a ADR on May 6, 2009 and was told the Reservation system is only booking up to the end of March right now.
Is there anyone who has been able to book for April yet??

I called on 11-4 for a ADR on May 6, 2009 and was told the Reservation system is only booking up to the end of March right now.
Is there anyone who has been able to book for April yet??

You can't currently make reservations past March 22nd. The exception is CM, CRT and V&A, which can be booked at 180 days (or 180+10 if you are staying onsite).

At the top of the Restaurant Board there is a sticky that explains everything on the first page and is update as soon as new information is available. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter