• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I order a color Magic Band

aribelle

DIS Veteran
I know I read somewhere about ordering Magic Bands ahead of your visit to get a pink/purple/blue/other color one instead of a gray one that is all you can get at the park.

But, now I can't figure out where to order it, lol!

We have room only reservations right now......do I need to buy my ticket as part of a package to get the band? I have an old 1 day from a free dining package a few years ago (2008 or 2009?) that I'll be upgrading to an AP. Can I get the color band without buying a ticket? Or will I need to buy another 1 day, order the color band and then upgrade both to the new AP?

How far in advance can I order and where? Thanks!

Can't answer all your q's but Magic Bands are still in Beta testing. They will contact you if you are eligible to use them during your trip.

Also, if you are contacted, you'll get to choose a color T no additional charge. What costs extra are the character accessories. :)

Thanks!

Will they contact me even though I don't have tickets attached to my reservation? Or can I contact them?

Since use of Magic Bands is tied to tickets and not room reservations, you will need to attach a ticket to your reservation.

I am still protesting the exclusion of black Magic Bands:(

Well...how about "light" black.....aka gray? :lmao:

One of my daughters (the uber fashionista who MUST coordinate underwear and sock colors, despite assuring me no one but her sees both, lol...in fact her point is that SHE will know).....she is actually wanting either the choice to accumulate several different bands in colors she would wear or is protesting that there is no black "since black will be the closest to coordinating with everything I have". She did NOT appreciate my joke about "light black". :rotfl:

Since I really hate wearing anything on my wrists I will wait until Disney offers the subcutaneous implant. Then they can also monitor my habits 2,000 miles away from Disneyworld and send me offers based on where and what I'm doing at any given moment. Perhaps they could even just flash those offers right into my brain to save time. Yeah, go ahead and laugh...you KNOW that someone is working on developing this as we type.

I know I read somewhere about ordering Magic Bands ahead of your visit to get a pink/purple/blue/other color one instead of a gray one that is all you can get at the park.

But, now I can't figure out where to order it, lol!

We have room only reservations right now......do I need to buy my ticket as part of a package to get the band? I have an old 1 day from a free dining package a few years ago (2008 or 2009?) that I'll be upgrading to an AP. Can I get the color band without buying a ticket? Or will I need to buy another 1 day, order the color band and then upgrade both to the new AP?

How far in advance can I order and where? Thanks!

Disney added a feature to associate tickets bought from authorized resellers or older tickets to be linked. Not worth doing now, IMO, but maybe once magic bands go live. As of right now, they are NOT live, so there isn't a way to pick/choose. And no one really knows when they will go live. Until it is live, no one truly knows how it will work. Most of what we have is rumors from tests and press releases, but that can change at any time.

On another note, you can only upgrade one ticket to another ticket. You could not buy two tickets and combine them into one AP.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The magic bands are on sale at the Contemporary pin shop, along with their accessories. I believe they are $7 and they offered about 4 designs.

Well...how about "light" black.....aka gray? :lmao:

One of my daughters (the uber fashionista who MUST coordinate underwear and sock colors, despite assuring me no one but her sees both, lol...in fact her point is that SHE will know).....she is actually wanting either the choice to accumulate several different bands in colors she would wear or is protesting that there is no black "since black will be the closest to coordinating with everything I have". She did NOT appreciate my joke about "light black". :rotfl:

Gray?! :faint: I have been known to dye fading-to-gray clothes back to black.

Besides, DS already called dibs on the gray.;)

So you want a "black magic" band?

Or a black "magic band"?

Either sounds interesting. ;)

OOOOOO- would a "black magic band" allow me to hypnotize everyone into thinking I have an unlimited FP+'s ? ;)

Since I really hate wearing anything on my wrists I will wait until Disney offers the subcutaneous implant. Then they can also monitor my habits 2,000 miles away from Disneyworld and send me offers based on where and what I'm doing at any given moment. Perhaps they could even just flash those offers right into my brain to save time. Yeah, go ahead and laugh...you KNOW that someone is working on developing this as we type.

To paraphrase Red from "That 70's Show" (who was talking about the government and tracking devices), "If Disney wants to shove a tracking device up your *bleep*, you just say thank you, and God bless Disney!"

To paraphrase Red from "That 70's Show" (who was talking about the government and tracking devices), "If Disney wants to shove a tracking device up your *bleep*, you just say thank you, and God bless Disney!"

Ewww.

Ok, another television show that I'm glad I'm not able to watch.

The magic bands are on sale at the Contemporary pin shop, along with their accessories. I believe they are $7 and they offered about 4 designs.

The bands are on sale? I thought you were given a magic band....but could buy accessories to personalize/colorize them.

The actual MagicBands are NOT available for sale...they aren't even past the testing phases. They ARE however selling MagicBand accessories and tshirts at the Contemporary and AKL since those were the two resorts that participated in the latest testing phase about 10 days ago. If/when the MagicBands do go live they will be distributed at no cost.

Since use of Magic Bands is tied to tickets and not room reservations, you will need to attach a ticket to your reservation.

I've been wrong once or twice before, but I thought the magic bands did both? :confused3

The MagicBands serve multiple purposes. It is unclear at this point what will be the trigger to being able to pre-order colored ones, but they are supposed to be available to all resort guests for free - independent of a package. You'll need a ticket associated with your DMX profile online in order to pre-book FP+.

The bands are/were not for sale there...only the accessories. They have a few bands on display with the accessories attached so you can see how they look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter