• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I give DH access to our children on MDE

nfceagles

Mouseketeer
I have always been the organizer on our trips and have DH, DD, and DS listed in my Friends and Family. I may or may not make it on our upcoming trip, so I'd like DH to be able to book LL and those other paid reservation rides. We scanned a code to connect to each other in MDE. So now he can see me in his list and see the plans I've already made for him, but he can't see our kids. How do I connect him to our kids so he can make plans for any of us too? If it's only possible for one parent to control the kids' plans at a time, how do I move them to DH if the time comes that I know I won't make the trip? If it helps, my kids are teens and have their own phones, but have never created their own MDE accounts. Thanks.

In MDE, at the bottom of his F&F list he needs to click Add a Guest. Then click Find through my connected guests. That should allow him to connect to the kids through you. Then you need to give him permission to plan for them, etc.

Thank you. That worked. It still says I manage them, however. Will DH be able to make LL and ILL$ reservations for them? Is it possible to change who manages them?

Thank you. That worked. It still says I manage them, however. Will DH be able to make LL and ILL$ reservations for them? Is it possible to change who manages them?
As long as your DH has the necessary permissions to plan for them - which I think you have to grant in your MDE - he can book LLs and ILL$ for them. It’s been a while since I had to set up links with my DS and his kids, so I’ve forgotten exactly what MDE says when you’re setting it up!

As long as your DH has the necessary permissions to plan for them - which I think you have to grant in your MDE - he can book LLs and ILL$ for them. It’s been a while since I had to set up links with my DS and his kids, so I’ve forgotten exactly what MDE says when you’re setting it up!
If they are listed in your Family & Friends list, you can make plans for them. It doesn't matter who manages the profile. The only setting is what plans they can see (all plans or shared plans only).

Careful. I did this and my kids migrated to DH’s account (he never uses it and not sure he even knows the password but I was using it for overlapping dining reservations). Hours spent with IT & they can’t fix it…

Ok so are you saying you both would be logged in under your account? Ive wondered if that would work, or cause isssues.
It's not a problem. People have been doing it at least as long ago as the RotR BG morning struggle - multiple people would sign into the same MDE account simultaneously, and may the fastest fingers win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter